First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I placed my reservation a long time ago.

The first thing the Ford dealer in Fairfield did was excitedly tell me that my Ford bronco sport is already available for purchase on the lot and try to take advantage of the fact that some people don’t know the difference between the regular bronco and the sport.

A few months into my reservation, I was told that there is no way I’m going to be able to get a base model two door Sasquatch with a manual transmission, at least not in the first year.

The dealer told me I should just order the automatic, and then since my order will be delayed to 2022 model year, he will change it for me to manual. I smelled bullshit and ultimately wound up canceling my reservation.

I’m still holding out to see if a Sasquatch will be available with a manual transmission, two door option, but it seems like Ford is too busy with the top fiasco to make it a priority.

Does anyone know what the status is so far?
Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base

The first thing the Ford dealer in Fairfield did was excitedly tell me that my Ford bronco sport is already available for purchase on the lot and try to take advantage of the fact that some people don’t know the difference between the regular bronco and the sport.

A few months into my reservation, I was told that there is no way I’m going to be able to get a base model two door Sasquatch with a manual transmission, at least not in the first year.

The dealer told me I should just order the automatic, and then since my order will be delayed to 2022 model year, he will change it for me to manual. I smelled bullshit and ultimately wound up canceling my Reservation.

I’m still holding out to see if a Sasquatch will be, available with a manual transmission, two door option, but it seems like Ford is too busy with the top fiasco to make it a priority.

The last I know is that sasquatch is going to be able for manual transmission in 2022.

You didn't need to cancel the order, your dealer was right to submit the order and then change it to manual in 2022MY.

If you really want it, do another reservation now and not to wait until the 2022MY.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You should have kept your reservation and put it on ice until 2022. We were told mansquatch would be a thing in 2022.

If they didn't give you your $100 back, I would call Ford customer service and see if they still have your reservation active. If it is, go back to the dealer and have him place the order. I would venture to guess that he didn't cancel that reservation. It is too valuable to the dealer.

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The dealer told me I should just order the automatic, and then since my order will be delayed to 2022 model year, he will change it for me to manual. I smelled bullshit and ultimately wound up canceling my reservation.

I’m still holding out to see if a Sasquatch will be available with a manual transmission, two door option, but it seems like Ford is too busy with the top fiasco to make it a priority.

This is exactly why i just bought the orphaned Badlands manual. Can always trade later.

OP
OP
LandCruiser

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So it looks like I may just do another reservation, I felt like the dealer was trying to force me into buying an automatic transmission, which is something I absolutely don’t want.
Sponsored