Sponsored

Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD. Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Justafordguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Outer Banks, 77 Bronco, 05 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the link.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered the full steel plates on my WT. I have given thought to dropping back to the Mod bumper (without the full vehicle plates) and going with the ARB plates.

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
If anyone cares, I crawled under today and confirmed I have the metal gas tank plate. So, the plastic issue only appears to impact the Front and Engine plates in my case (2-door base). Does anyone have the part number for the 2-door transfer case bash plate?

Sponsored

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Dealer ordered the part but was not able to install as the screws in the package were too short (2D SAS OBX) ?? What is the right part number maybe they ordered something wrong? On this model, what other metal plates there should be ?

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Others have already mentioned this, but my dealer said Ford would ship the metal skid plate once it is available. I'm trying to work out a discount on a full set instead.
I found out they are on a long back order

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll need to take a close look when my base Sas arrives in the next week or 2.
If you have a mod bumper the bash plates are to be steel

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope a screw up but I have my suspicions
I mentioned earlier in the thread, but there is no way this is just some random screw-up. The plastic bumper's plastic skid plate doesn't fit the modular bumper. So there is a completely different part that has found it's way to the assembly line for fitment on lower trims that option the modular bumper. Random parts just don't show up on the assembly line. This is deliberate and likely a cost cutting move by Ford. The language of the window sticker doesn't reflect the change so buyer's have a legitimate grievance.

Sponsored

WorthTheWait

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco OB w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My OBX arrived with a plastic front skid plate. I have the modular bumper and my window sticker confirmed that the steel front skid plate was supposed to be installed. My dealership put in a warranty claim for the mistake and Ford actually sent a FULL SET of skid plates. Arrived in less than a week, installed by dealer in less than an hour, and didn't have to sign or deal with anything. What was a mistake turned into a blessing for me...

riverotter

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4dr OBX, Lux, Sas, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My OBX arrived with a plastic front skid plate. I have the modular bumper and my window sticker confirmed that the steel front skid plate was supposed to be installed. My dealership put in a warranty claim for the mistake and Ford actually sent a FULL SET of skid plates. Arrived in less than a week, installed by dealer in less than an hour, and didn't have to sign or deal with anything. What was a mistake turned into a blessing for me...
That's the kind of luck I need in my life.

MattInNash

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, same for me. I took mine in today for a headlight issue. Had the misbuild submitted 2 weeks ago, and have been waiting to hear back. However they called today after I dropped it off and said that the plates came in and they will knock it out while it’s there. They say that they’ll have to drop the gas tank to install the skid plate, so I assume they are installing the full set as well. Fingers crossed, and will be a great gesture from Ford if they just upgrade everyone to the full set that they sent out with plastic plates.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs