Sponsored

Battery dead. Warning a few days before via ford pass.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, my battery is dead. Jumped it twice and within twos minutes I get a warning that the car is being turned off to save the battery.
I am getting it towed to the dealership.
Sponsored

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let us know what they say as Iā€™m going through the same thing. A lot of short trips kill the battery quick. Thereā€™s way too many things on this vehicle that requires power and the fact that the system takes 15mins to shut down(sleep). Idk why Ford didnā€™t put in a better charging system? My issue is a bit different as I know there are 3 fuses on the acm that have a parasitic draw. Iā€™m getting ready to trek 3500 miles back home in 6 wks and I donā€™t trust the dealer will fix it or have parts in that timeframe. It was in the shop for 7 wks before while they replaced a battery and alternator a still didnā€™t fix it. They then said they wanted to replace the computer and I said nope and took it back. I use a trickle charger a couple times a week. Long trips should help you if there arenā€™t any other underlying problems

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also give us more background

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Short trips should have nothing to do with it remember this truck comes with a.s.s.

Read the volt output on the dash. Should range from like 15 down to 13.

I can leave my Bronco easily for a week with no issue. I have my PowerStation plugged into the rear cargo as well as my GMRS tapped into the Cig lighter...basically I have things pulling power for up to like 45 minutes after turning off the bronco...and never once with my short trips had an issue.

If your battery is going dead while you're sitting, you have something drawing power that shouldn't be... If your battery is not charging after 15 minutes of running, you got something wrong with your charging system.

Almost every one of these types of post end up being some sort of accessory add-on that's either wrong or wired wrong.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you also been having issues with your modem / Ford Pass app not working? This is what killed my battery. Dealer did a TSB, good to go, hasn't happened since.

Sponsored

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In my case I havenā€™t been able to connect to pass since 4/20 and lost navigation then also. Dealer tried to tell me no navigation due to low battery. Not so, as Iā€™ve disconnected all accessories and trickle charge the battery every couple of days. Making sure to connect ground to the stupid ass bms so it can sense current. In my case I strongly believe itā€™s the acm

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, my battery is dead. Jumped it twice and within twos minutes I get a warning that the car is being turned off to save the battery.
I am getting it towed to the dealership.
Mine if not being driven is 24/7 on a Deltran Battery Tender. Battery is always at 100% and ready to go.
Ford Bronco Battery dead. Warning a few days before via ford pass. BT1

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why do people think this is normal to do? Have you ever done this with a daily before?

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
JMO, but I agree that a tender is a good idea, (I'm retired and sometimes don't drive at all for several days), MY 2018 Raptor started having all kinds of technical gremlins at the 3 yr. mark, key not detected while going 65 mph and key sitting on consloe, ASS stopped working (actually liked that), would go into battery saver mode one minute after shutting off engine, mirror memory went a bit nuts, and other warnings that weren't real. Took it in and the battery was just starting to fail...replaced and all back to normal. Not apples to apples I realize, good luck!

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why do people think this is normal to do? Have you ever done this with a daily before?
Agree, if you're driving it daily, all else being normal, shouldn't be needed, but if it sits at all between driving, i.e., weekend toy, then a tender would be a good idea. I have my m-cycle on a tender...

Sponsored

Saxgod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my case I havenā€™t been able to connect to pass since 4/20 and lost navigation then also. Dealer tried to tell me no navigation due to low battery. Not so, as Iā€™ve disconnected all accessories and trickle charge the battery every couple of days. Making sure to connect ground to the stupid ass bms so it can sense current. In my case I strongly believe itā€™s the acm
uh oh...same thing happened to us. TCU (modem) bit the dust after killing the battery. Its been busted ever since. Dealer has been working with Ford for over a month trying to get this fixed. Replaced TCU and now cant get it programmed to vehicle. Now the radio is lagging out, acting super slow. Hopefully a ford engineer will figure it out before they just burn the whole car down.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Auto Start Stop

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
uh oh...same thing happened to us. TCU (modem) bit the dust after killing the battery. Its been busted ever since. Dealer has been working with Ford for over a month trying to get this fixed. Replaced TCU and now cant get it programmed to vehicle. Now the radio is lagging out, acting super slow. Hopefully a ford engineer will figure it out before they just burn the whole car down.
Sounds like my exact situation. I have a huge road trip back home in august and Iā€™m thinking of just dealing with it when home. Our meandering will put us at about 3500 miles. So I think Iā€™ll deal with it later.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have you also been having issues with your modem / Ford Pass app not working? This is what killed my battery. Dealer did a TSB, good to go, hasn't happened since.
Similar thing here I suspect. My modem was dead for a few months. My battery was running low (to the point where the whole auto shut down and wouldn't restart after ASS kicked off when I was at a busy red light).

Dealer charged up the battery and took out the modem. No more issues over a few months waiting for the modem. New modem installed and things continue to be fine.
Sponsored