Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a lot wrong with this...

-Tires are a wear component. You're going to replace them eventually.
-The bead-lock capable wheels are just that, capable. You still have to buy separate bead lock rings from Ford for them to actually be bead-lock wheels. You're going to have to shell out another $400 plus install just to have a true bead lock wheel.
-Aftermarket modifications do not void warranties. I wish that this shit would stay off forums. It's one of the biggest myths in car culture, right up there with fuel pumps needing to be submerged in the tank to stay cool.
-You can buy a set of true bead lock wheels and 35's for less than $2500 if you truly want a set to thrash around. That way you can have a trail set and a street set for *less*money and not get bummed out if you scratch a wheel. If you're just doing it for the aesthetics, there's nothing wrong with running 35's on 17x8 wheels for street duty.
1. Beadlock is not required for most of us.

2. Aftermarket upgrades can void your warranty if the dealership can prove that it caused the failure. You will probably be okay with this type of simple upgrade, but there is a lot of gray area here that I will be avoiding. You do you.

3. You are not accounting for the cost to regear and probably add some additional lift. Add in all of the labor if you're not doing the work yourself and I'm sure you will be well above $2500.
Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Aftermarket upgrades can void your warranty if the dealership can prove that it caused the failure.
You're close, but still wrong there. They cannot void your warranty. No dealer can void your warranty. Individual claims can be denied, but the warranty itself cannot be voided by a dealer. The warranty is an agreement between you and the manufacturer, not you and the dealer. I'd love to see where an entire warranty agreement was considered null and void due to the modifications. Manufacturers rarely do this because it almost always results in legal action.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're close, but still wrong there. They cannot void your warranty. No dealer can void your warranty. Individual claims can be denied, but the warranty itself cannot be voided by a dealer. The warranty is an agreement between you and the manufacturer, not you and the dealer. I'd love to see where an entire warranty agreement was considered null and void due to the modifications. Manufacturers rarely do this because it almost always results in legal action.
Yes, sorry "void warranty" was a poor choice of words. My b.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been squatch or bust since the beginning of time, but now I’m having slight doubts. I am worried about too much brodozer. The 33s might be perfect, even on the 4 door.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been squatch or bust since the beginning of time, but now I’m having slight doubts. I am worried about too much brodozer. The 33s might be perfect, even on the 4 door.
Yep. I had slightly shorter 32.8 Terra Grapplers on my F150 and they were perfect. The 33” BFGs on my BL are going to be just fine.

Sponsored

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands, but I'm biased. You can always add 35's later.
Here to say this! Glad it was covered in the first 5 replies. Lol. I was originally 100% on BD w/ squatch. Not that anyone cares but it’s 8am and just me and my coffee so here’s why I’m going with BL no squatch.
1) Articulation. I want to see how versatile the BL is as designed. Based on the videos of BL w/ 35’s there’s no room for much flex with 35’s and no lift. The stock BL looks very capable from the Moab videos. Plus with the modular bumpers you can get that extra clearance on approach without sacrificing articulation.
2) Packages. I’m sold on the manual and I’m not paying $44k for the Base interior. I’ll go the extra 6k with the BL and get the high package. Really a no brainer for me.
3) I like the orange trim more than the blue. ?
4) Capability! 3 words. Sway bar disconnect. I’m not going to be leaning off the side of a medium sized obstacle on a trail thinking ? man. That disconnect sure would be nice about now. Again, on my builds it’s 6k difference. Less Starbucks, more savings.
5) Aftermarket people! Everyone complaining about all these things Ford isn’t doing from the factory. The options will be ENDLESS as soon as these companies get their hands on some Broncos. Woosahhhhh. It’ll be available. I can always put 35’s on it later. ?

That’s all for now! Going with VB over A51 now, can’t wait to get behind the wheel!

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me I would do BD with Sasquatch all day vs badlands without Sasquatch.

I like the look of it much better and the gearing with the Sasquatch will be important to me down the road as I will eventually add a ~1.5 inch lift and 37’s.

The sway bar disconnect is a nice feature, but the aftermarket will have a quick disconnect for cheap that you could undo at the start of a trail and connect back before getting back on the road.

I also like the BD interior better. Lighter color vinyl seats and I like the blue accents over orange.
but that’s clearly personal preference.
where did you see the BD had a different color interior than BL?

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reactions: RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

where did you see the BD had a different color interior than BL?
On the materials walk through video.
The black diamond has a two tone look with a lighter gray on the sides and a darker gray in the center.
If you click on news they have the video pinned/posted.
Sponsored