Badlands
Clubs

https://blog.bds-suspension.com/?p=25041

fk_123254-7.jpg

fk_123254-3.jpg

fk_123254-10.jpg

fk_123254-15.jpg

fk_123254-14.jpg

Now in stock, BDS performance upper control arm (UCA) kits for the new 2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr/4Dr models. These new UCA kits are designed for improved strength, great looks, and increased suspension travel when used on lifted Bronco. Specially formed for optimal clearance, they feature FK uniball assemblies for maximum strength and improved travel. They come assembled with OE style rubber bushings and bearings preinstalled for quick and easy installation under your Bronco.
Coldwater, MI: Excitement around the 2021 Ford Bronco is high as early vehicle orders start to find their way out into the wild. BDS Suspension has been hard at work on a number of kits and accesssories for these new Bronco with the first of many products now on the shelf and ready to ship. These performance upper control arm (UCA) kits are specially designed for the 2021 Ford Bronco and allow for improved performance, strength and compatibility with a wide range of suspension ride heights.

The new performance control arms are built from high strength 1.5" OD heavy-wall tubing specially formed to provide optimal clearance for both suspension-coilover as well as wheel/tire clearance. This allows you the freedom to install FOX 2.5 coilovers (available soon) and fit a wide range of wheel specs without fear of interference with these larger arms. At the frame mounted end you'll find a pair of durometer-specific vulcanized rubber bushing preinstalled providing smooth, quiet and reliable operation bolting in directly into the factory mounts. For the outer mount, these UCAs use FK uniball bearings for maximum strength, travel and all around performance. They use a 52100 Steel with hard chrome plated bearing with a PTFE liner to smooth and quiet operation. They come finished in a durable gloss black powder coat and include a billet aluminum machined dust cap. Bearing and bushings come preinstalled allowing for quick and easy installation. The arms will add back 1.5 degrees of caster to put the camber back within alignment spec on 2-4" of lift on base suspension Broncos and 1-3.5" of lift on Badlands and 0-3" Sasquatch-equipped Broncos. Take your Bronco to the next level with these performance upper control arms from BDS Suspension.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fantastic. Those with the BDS coil overs (when they ship) will be great.

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what’s the benefit of new UCA without a coil over lift? I get the added strength I guess and maybe if you get spacers, but is these a silly standalone “upgrade”?

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what’s the benefit of new UCA without a coil over lift? I get the added strength I guess and maybe if you get spacers, but is these a silly standalone “upgrade”?

If you don't plan on changing tire size and lifting, this is not needed. For going 35s or 37s, it usually gives a little more play for alignment and travel .

And there are no dumb questions ; )

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you don't plan on changing tire size and lifting, this is not needed. For going 35s or 37s, it usually gives a little more play for alignment and travel .

And there are no dumb questions ; )
Thanks. I do plan on changing wheels to a 0 offset and wider tires for a more aggressive stance but I’m staying with 35s. UCAs needed in that case?

Sponsored

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For geometry, yes.

I'd hold off on BDS. Their Ranger 6 inch kit has some issues that weren't known up front, so wait for some reviews to come back.

Check the 6 inch IFS kit:

https://bds-suspension.com/product?kid=1545H

" Additionally through our extensive testing we've found a number of concerns that needed to be addressed to ensure durability, compatibility and functionality on the new Ranger. "

Small text hard to find on the right side, but that was enough to make me slow down on that kit, and actually what kept me from going wild on the Ranger I have... they just aren't built to take big lifts/big tires as well without a lot of safety issues. I know this is not apples to apples and I love BDS being transparent, but I'd hold off on any big mods for a few months and let the companies put them through the paces.
Interesting. Doing any kind of serious wheeling with an IFS truck and a 6 inch lift that has a diff relocation kit has never seemed like a good idea.

I'd never lift an IFS truck more than an inch or so.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I do plan on changing wheels to a 0 offset and wider tires for a more aggressive stance but I’m staying with 35s. UCAs needed in that case?
I don't know if Ford thought ahead and made the original UCA with more play than usual. If not, i would say yes, to remove some stress. If they did ( good engineer would have thought about it ) then no.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely will be, but I’m holding out for some more research and time testing. I don’t like the idea of being the test dummy.
Come on. You bought a first generation ford. You already are :)

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For geometry, yes.

I'd hold off on BDS. Their Ranger 6 inch kit has some issues that weren't known up front, so wait for some reviews to come back.
Curious why you say the UCA is needed to correct geometry with no lift. Which geometry is corrected?

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which
Installing my BDS kit today...will bring my Sasquatch to 4". Will let you all know how it looks and drives shortly!!
Which BDS kit? You a beta tester?

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Some additional details inside instructions.

Ford Bronco BDS front control arms now available IMG_0433.JPG

This is the maxlider kit. I literally just asked this in another thread but can’t you build this kit yourself now?

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see. Looks like BDS U control arms and a Zone spacer.
Sponsored