Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco Sasquatch Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly I'm not sure, which is one reason I ask. I don't have 4A on my Bronco, but I was under the impression it can compensate for not having a locker by applying braking power to individual wheels to keep them from spinning, allowing the wheel with traction to move. Maybe regular basic GOAT mode can do that? Which is maybe what helps a non-Sas Base model offroad?
4A is not a replacement for 4WD. In winter 4A is better in icy conditions you will have more control. Limited off road 4A will get you out of a few sticky situation. I had chevy Traverse with all wheel drive. Pulling a load up a steep gravel road the tires kept slipping applying breaks in under load compounded the problem. 4WD gives you power to all your wheels especially under load.
Sponsored

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sure thing. Answers:

1. they are actually 315/70R17 which are 34.5” I believe. So not true 35. Those were another ~$50 per tire and didn’t seem worth it as the aesthetics and performance wouldn’t have been a big difference.
2. Wheels are 17x8.5
3. Motor is 2.3 and whatever stock gearing comes with that. Holding off on any gearing changes unless I suddenly decide to become a frequent off-roader (not likely but who knows)
4. Driving so far has been only around town and the ride has been great. Increase in road noise is minimal. My research said that the AT3s were the most “streetable” and so far so good on that.
5. Crash bars - 4WP has a big tire crash bar kit for ~$200. So went with that. Probably could’ve kept the stock crash bars with the 2” lift but had read good things about the 4WP product.

And the rims were bought from Ford direct, shipped to a local dealer and installed at my local tire/service shop. Tires are Toyo Open Country ATIII LT315/70R17. Rims here:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1007K-P1785E
Thanks for the detailed info! What lift kit did you use? Do you think its neccessary?

OP
OP

ucbmiles

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base 4D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

10 speed automatic or manual?
10 speed auto
Thanks for the detailed info! What lift kit did you use? Do you think its neccessary?
I’ve seen posts on here and elsewhere that 35s will fit with no lift if you remove the crash bars. I wanted to keep the crash bars so I went with the lift. Also think it looks better with the lift. I got the Rough Country 2” lift kit.
I used the rough country 2" lift kit. I've read here and on other boards that a lift kit isn't necessary for 35s if you remove the crash bars. I wanted to keep crash bars though, and the lift also leaves room to go up to 37s. Also I think it looks better, which is very important :)

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

10 speed auto

I’ve seen posts on here and elsewhere that 35s will fit with no lift if you remove the crash bars. I wanted to keep the crash bars so I went with the lift. Also think it looks better with the lift. I got the Rough Country 2” lift kit.

I used the rough country 2" lift kit. I've read here and on other boards that a lift kit isn't necessary for 35s if you remove the crash bars. I wanted to keep crash bars though, and the lift also leaves room to go up to 37s. Also I think it looks better, which is very important :)
Thanks for the help!

Did the lift kit change ride quality at all? For $100 seems like a no brainer to minimize any rubbing or risk. What's the downsize of the lift kit? Or maybe just do 1" for a little extra clearance?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m the type of guy that rolls on whatever wheels come on a vehicle from the factory, while I admire other peoples aftermarket rims. I don’t hate my Sasquatch rims at all (okay, I’d prefer dark beauty rings), but damn, those Everglades rims kinda make me wobbly. But for the snorkel and the sticker. . . Everglades had my favorite interior, wheels, and a winch. I love my BB Squatch, but I get a little Bronco envy when it comes to anything Everglades.
Sponsored