Sponsored

Before I take apart my center console room for two?

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the Uniden CMX760 CB and a Midlands MXT275 GMRS remote radios. I was thinking where could I hide the main units. I am hoping under the center console top. Anyone that removed theirs know if there is enough room to mount the two base units?

I am thinking I could use double sided 3M tape or heavy duty velcro to hold them in place.

I want to run the RJ45 extenders to either side of the front compartment aligned with the 12V socket.

If not there what about above the glove box?

I guess I could hide one above the glove box, and one under the console lid.

Just don't want to be taken apart a lot of stuff unless it is nessacesasory.

Thanks
Mike
Sponsored

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The easiest might be a molle panel. Not sure if you like them, or you want the radios to be hidden? 3M or Velcro might not be enough if you’re heavy duty off roading, things get moved around if not bolted down. Not saying you can’t do it your way, it’s your truck. Here’s a pic of mine, but there are all types of pics on here mounted to molle panels.
IMG_1739.jpeg

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The easiest might be a molle panel. Not sure if you like them, or you want the radios to be hidden? 3M or Velcro might not be enough if you’re heavy duty off roading, things get moved around if not bolted down. Not saying you can’t do it your way, it’s your truck. Here’s a pic of mine, but there are all types of pics on here mounted to molle panels.
Ford Bronco Before I take apart my center console room for two? IMG_0642
How much wiring did you have to do? Did you still need to pull the console apart to run to an antenna?

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How much wiring did you have to do? Did you still need to pull the console apart to run to an antenna?
Wiring wasn’t too bad. I have a Hammer Built tailgate brace, and there’s an antenna mount. I just ran it down the right side underneath the plastic back piece, then underneath the floor kick panels, or whatever they’re called.

Power for a radio needs to be directly from the battery. It was somewhat easy. Hardest thing is loosening the windshield wiper fluid container. There’s only 3 bolts, but the bottom one was a PITA! Once loosened and bolts removed, just kind of set it aside in the engine bay. Everything will still be connected. You’ll be looking at a rubber covering, with a nipple on it. Cut the nipple off, then use either a steak knife, or box cutter to open a hole where the nipple was. (Steak knife is better, I washed if before girlfriend knew, LOL!) Slide a straightened metal hanger through the hole until you can see it from the dash side, use electrical tape to tape hot and ground to it. Make sure you stagger the taped wires to the hanger, easier for one, then another than 2 together. The wires could get caught up, and pull out of the tape. Just take your time. Took me two times as I rushed the first time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the ideas.

I have two of them to install.
One is a CB
One a GMRS

I want them out of site, I run with my top and doors off as much as I can. I have a 2015 Escape for the rainy days.

The antennas will be mounted
CB 3 foot Fire Stick off one of the tail gate hinge bolts, I will make a bracket for it.

GMRS gets a Ghost Ant mounted on the roll bar. I will make a bracket for this as well.
I looked at using the Mountain to Metals ditch light bracket, but decided against it.

The RJ 45 in the side of the climate controls might work, one on each side.

The main box is the issue.

Thanks

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a good option for the gmrs radio install. May be easier to find adequate room if you mount the radios in two different locations.

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a good option for the gmrs radio install. May be easier to find adequate room if you mount the radios in two different locations.

I looked at that I am not sure I can put two units on it. The CB is a remote just like the GMRS unit.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked at that I am not sure I can put two units on it. The CB is a remote just like the GMRS unit.
It may be hard to find a spot to mount both radios hidden. Why not mount one under dash and the other under the console?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they're no more than 4" high, why not remote mount in the cargo area and make a false floor?

Sponsored

Bronco_Mando

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put my 575 in center console.
Hi there, would you mind sharing more details of your setup?
Where do you charge your 575?
Where did you located the antenna?
Thanks!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mounted my GMRS under the center console. Plenty of room for 1.... can't imagine there is room for 2.

If I were you, I'd put 1 under the center console (goes right under about where the wireless charger would be), and then buy that mountains 2 metal backet and mount the other up above your glove box.

I know one member here mounted his GMRS all the way in the back inside the cargo where the tail light is.
Sponsored