Sponsored

What are people using for subs that don't take up room ? ? ? ?

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I used the straps and mounting hardware that came with the sub. The back of the seat is a hard surface, probably plastic, that is covered with carpet. I attached the straps to this using the screws that came with the sub. The sub rest on the ledge behind the back seat, so there's not much weight on the straps. If I ever want to take the sub out, all I have to do is unhood the two Velcro straps and unplug the wire connector.
I wonder if covering the entire back side of the hideaway sub enclosure with a single sheet of heavy duty velcro would be strong enough to hold it to the carpet on the seat-back? Isn't that how the seat-back liners from Mabett and others attach? Those are quite a bit lighter though, and not bouncing around everywhere when you're bumping some Eazy-E :)
Sponsored

BCFDLtE13

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any vibration noises? I was thinking about doing a similar setup with the JCR table.
At first, yes. But I took the sub off and put 2 pieces of conveyor belt rubber along the backside of the sub. I taped that down to the back of the sub with fabric electrical tape.
I also couldn't use the solid table top that comes with the JCR tailgate table. I just took it off and it's an open molle. That created a horrible rattle. The current set-up is solid, rattle and vibration free regardless of terrain or music volume. System sounds great. I did, for the sake of full disclosure, upgrade all speakers and added the kicker key amp for the other 6 speakers.

20220728_131645.jpg

20220728_131717.jpg

lesserlife7

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used the straps and mounting hardware that came with the sub. The back of the seat is a hard surface, probably plastic, that is covered with carpet. I attached the straps to this using the screws that came with the sub. The sub rest on the ledge behind the back seat, so there's not much weight on the straps. If I ever want to take the sub out, all I have to do is unhood the two Velcro straps and unplug the wire connector.
Did you use the full length screws that were with the strap washers or shorter ones? The long boi's make me nervous screwing into the back seat lol

Sponsored

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you use the full length screws that were with the strap washers or shorter ones? The long boi's make me nervous screwing into the back seat lol
The screws that were with mine where probably an inch, maybe an inch and a half long. I was comfortable using them.

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I used a Kicker hideaway as well. Mounted it to the back of the rear seat.

Ford Bronco What are people using for subs that don't take up room ? ? ? ? 20220728_131717

Ford Bronco What are people using for subs that don't take up room ? ? ? ? 20220728_131717
I am looking to do the same. Did you mount brackets directly into seat back?

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am looking to do the same. Did you mount brackets directly into seat back?
Nevermind I saw your responses to similar questions in this thread, thanks

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I used a Kicker hideaway as well. Mounted it to the back of the rear seat.

One more question - where did you ground the subwoofer to?

Sponsored

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm trying to remember, but I'm not 100% sure. I think when I took off the the passenger side panel in the cargo area there was a ground strap already bolted in that area and I took the bolt out and added the sub ground there and then put the bolt back in.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone tried installing one of the Kicker Hideaways under the backseat (driver side)? It seems like there is plenty of room under there. The 60% seat I’m referring to. Or will it just not sound good under there? Thank you.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs