Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello fellow Bronco brethren, I just ordered my Outer Banks w/sasquatch pkg. During the test drive I found the stock Goodyear Territory MTs to be bouncy and more uncomfortable than I will be able to stomach for daily driving. Question, what are the best riding AT tires that I should consider as a replacement for highways and paved country roads, with occasional gravel and rare offroad? Good performance in rain and snow are important as well while not sacrificing the rugged look. Thank you in advance for your advice and opinions!
Sponsored

DA JUICE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Wheels, 3 pedals, goes forward
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will likely replace my Territories with KO2s (or likely KO3s by then). I was originally concerned about the orginal rubber. But I have found them pretty good for daily driving, FWIW. Make sure the pressure is set correctly (air them down a bit).

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Air them down, the dealer probably set them at 48 lbs. They’re actually a good tire for what you stated. Unless you plan on driving on a lot of gravel, as they tend to throw rocks.
@Allenkoz - this is the answer. Off the lot my KO2s felt the same way. They were 10 psi over the standard tire pressure on the door frame label. Once aired down to the specified pressure it was night and day. Even the specified pressure is probably too high if you do a chalk test, but start there.

OP
OP
Allenkoz

Allenkoz

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Allenkoz - this is the answer. Off the lot my KO2s felt the same way. They were 10 psi over the standard tire pressure on the door frame label. Once aired down to the specified pressure it was night and day. Even the specified pressure is probably too high if you do a chalk test, but start there.
Excellent advice- so glad I joined this group. Thank you sir.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nitto ridge grappler. Best tires I’ve run in years

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would check the PSI in them as others have said. I find the factory territory MT to be very good as a daily driver. They are great on wet roads and the road noise is mild imo. I have mine at 36 psi.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You won't find a better everyday driving or winter tire than the territory. Set the cold pressure to what the door jam states and you will much happier. It is the lightest, best accelerating, and fuel efficient 35" tire out there. The C rated BFG KO2s are in the ballpark but still significantly heavier. Personally, I switch my territories out for the dry months and put them back on for winter. I can't find a better winter tire that still wears decently when I get off the mountain. That said, look at the Falken AT3W if you insist at swapping out. If I had to go with a one tire set-up that would be it (but I also live in serious snow country).

Sponsored

Carl Sagan

Wildtrak
First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WIldtrak HOSS 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the territory is the best tire for the bronco. It is the lightest tire out of all of the tires in the class by a significant margin. Better acceleration, fuel economy and great A/T tire all around. The other guys that say keep them at 39psi are right. Makes a big difference.

OP
OP
Allenkoz

Allenkoz

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the territory is the best tire for the bronco. It is the lightest tire out of all of the tires in the class by a significant margin. Better acceleration, fuel economy and great A/T tire all around. The other guys that say keep them at 39psi are right. Makes a big difference.
Excellent. Thank you for your input 👍🏻

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I were choosing an A/T style tire I think I'd decide between BFG KO2 and TOYO Open Country R/T