Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm at $1600 for a set of four on each of my two Porsches and the rears only last 15k miles with no track use. How long will these squatch tires last?
I would imagine they will last about the same amount of time as most AT tires.
Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get where you’re coming from, but for myself and a lot of other people putting Sasquatch on the Badlands, it’s for the gearing. The 4.46’s (auto) will work, but my Jeep is under geared right now and I’m just sick of it. I would rather have it ready to go from the factory.

Swapping suspensions, wheels, tires, etc. is all good with me, but I don’t have the skills or tools to properly regear differentials and local shops will charge between $1500 and $2500 for my Jeep, and the Bronco has the potential to cost more based upon the style of front differential.

Fair - but I am going manual.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fair - but I am going manual.
And that’s completely different. You would have to wait until 2022 for Sasquatch anyways, so I agree it’s not worth it.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Makes Sasquatch on the Badlands all the more laughable.

You're giving up 33" KO2s + stock wheels, for Goodyears + Beadlock capables + bumpstops.

For $2500.

Assuming the wheels are worth $995 (the upgraded price of the non-Squatch beadlock capable wheels), you're paying $1500 for 5 Goodyears + bumpstops. Which is slightly under street price for the tires - but nowhere near what Ford is paying for them.

And NO credit for forgoing the 33" KO2s - which are not cheap either, retailing at $250 apiece.

With all due respect - no thanks.
You forgot the 4.7 regear for the automatic

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t see the point in making decisions based on tire cost when the difference is minimal, you should have no trouble finding a set of 315s for $1,200 new that are better than the stock tires. I paid about $1,450 for a set of 37r17 and they are on track to get 70-80k miles. My set of mud terrains before my KO2s made it about 55k miles.

My SS Sedan needs new rears about every 20-25k miles @ $500-700 combined for the 2. Like hell I’m going to put up with 33s on a Bronco over a couple hundred dollars difference when the tires last as long as they do.

Sponsored

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Factory set making it 25,000 miles would be a stretch. Completely different compound the the H rated tires you are most likely using, but the challenge is keeping them balanced, inflated and aligned. All of the off-road adventures are fun, but they basically fly in the face of all the laws of tire longevity. While the tires being offered are a more mild mannered form of MT, so with care you may be able to stretch them to 30k+

One recommendation is to go ahead and get a 3 year alignment plan with one of the big box tire shops in the area after you take delivery. I think they are $180, but that is for unlimited use.
Thank you for all the info! Below is the tread life warrnaty from Tire Rack for MT tires. What am I missing? I have zero experience with off roading and don't plan on doing any. It will be all street driving.

I don't own any cars other than high performance sports cars and have no real experience with MTs. I am currently using 95Y and 97Y (R-compound for track) rated for 186+ mph. Obviously totally different application.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch OEM tire replacement cost 1615472362443

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for all the info! Below is the tread life warrnaty from Tire Rack for MT tires. What am I missing? I have zero experience with off roading and don't plan on doing any. It will be all street driving.

I don't own any cars other than high performance sports cars and have no real experience with MTs. I am currently using 95Y and 97Y (R-compound for track) rated for 186+ mph. Obviously totally different application.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch OEM tire replacement cost 1615472362443
Your All Terrains should last 60-80k miles so long as you don’t chunk them on rocks, keep them rotated and make sure you have a good alignment
Your Mud Terrains should last 40-55k miles with the same precautions.

Now Granted I stick with BFG and Cooper and perhaps other brands just don’t last as long.

The old belief Mud Terrains don’t last is based on super swampers that would struggle to get 20-25k on asphalt, because obviously theyre not designed for asphalt. Modern Mud Terrains are designed to last longer on asphalt.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your All Terrains should last 60-80k miles so long as you don’t chunk them on rocks, keep them rotated and make sure you have a good alignment
Your Mud Terrains should last 40-55k miles with the same precautions.

Now Granted I stick with BFG and Cooper and perhaps other brands just don’t last as long.

The old belief Mud Terrains don’t last is based on super swampers that would struggle to get 20-25k on asphalt, because obviously theyre not designed for asphalt. Modern Mud Terrains are designed to last longer on asphalt.
My Goodyear MTR’s with Kevlar fell right in the 40-55k range. I think I replaced them around 50-55k, but they were pretty much toast for anything but dry pavement between 45-50k. I expect the Territories to perform more along the lines of the Duratracs.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Factory set making it 25,000 miles would be a stretch. Completely different compound the the H rated tires you are most likely using, but the challenge is keeping them balanced, inflated and aligned. All of the off-road adventures are fun, but they basically fly in the face of all the laws of tire longevity. While the tires being offered are a more mild mannered form of MT, so with care you may be able to stretch them to 30k+

One recommendation is to go ahead and get a 3 year alignment plan with one of the big box tire shops in the area after you take delivery. I think they are $180, but that is for unlimited use.
Factory Sasquatch tires only going 25k? No way...they should easily go 40k. Do Duratracs only go 25k?

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is based purely on my experience with Ford. I agree that you can get a lot of mileage out of tires, but the last three f-150s (understand not the same) all ran out of tread by 30,000. I have had both the OEM offerings from Michelin and Hankook and and just hit 30k on them and they need to be replaced.

Now it could be me, I do not drive my age so maybe that has something to do with it.
FWIW some OEMs (Toyota for one) sell new cars with tires that have less tread than the same tires would have bought new from your local tire shop. I’m not sure if this is due to fuel economy difference it would make or what.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I ordered a manual.

Squatch is still $2500.
Agreed: if Mansquatch was an option, and it cost $2500 on the Badlands, the value is questionable.

Considering we haven't seen the Mansquatch option price yet, we can't assume it will be the same unless the re-gear fo 4.88 or something to maintain the crawl ratio.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a manual.

Squatch is still $2500.
Some of us will be on a second set of tires before a Mansquatch shows up.:p

OP
OP

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Goodyear MTR’s with Kevlar fell right in the 40-55k range. I think I replaced them around 50-55k, but they were pretty much toast for anything but dry pavement between 45-50k. I expect the Territories to perform more along the lines of the Duratracs.
I’ve heard varying experiences with the MTRs. In your experience, were they at least OK on the street? Would you purchase them again, or suggest them to others?
Sponsored