Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With all the Ford hype on having 165,000 reservations, what's your best guess on how many will actually turn into orders.
Personally I have a FE and Wildtrak reserved, which I'll only be ordering one.
My wife has a FE reserved and is 50/50 on if she wants a Bronco or other vehicles.
From being on this forum. I've heard alot of members also have two reservation. My best guess is the number will be going down from 165 000 reservations to approximately 100,000 orders. What's your best guess?
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
50-60% will turn into orders... too much lag time, some people might be looking at 12-18 months before they even get their rig. Our society isn’t much about waiting or patience.. I think a lot of people will turn their attention somewhere else. I know for me I’m pretty much settled on getting a bronco but the final factor will be overall pricing.

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think a few will drop not because of wait time but their inability to get their finances in order to commit to a purchase. Most vehicles purchases are impulse purchases but where the bronco is concerned you have to order in December and take delivery 6+ months later and thus it will take some planning. Though placing the reservation at launch was def impulsive.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all the Ford hype on having 165,000 reservations, what's your best guess on how many will actually turn into orders.
Personally I have a FE and Wildtrak reserved, which I'll only be ordering one.
My wife has a FE reserved and is 50/50 on if she wants a Bronco or other vehicles.
From being on this forum. I've heard alot of members also have two reservation. My best guess is the number will be going down from 165 000 reservations to approximately 100,000 orders. What's your best guess?
Yup. Sounds about right. Lock thread.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a few will drop not because of wait time but their inability to get their finances in order to commit to a purchase. Most vehicles purchases are impulse purchases but where the bronco is concerned you have to order in December and take delivery 6+ months later and thus it will take some planning. Though placing the reservation at launch was def impulsive.
It’s so damn easy to get financing for vehicles anymore.. if your willing to pay an extremely high interest rate, there is a bank out there for most people..
I think the long wait time will be the bigger factor..

Sponsored
OP
OP
vintage

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

50-60% will turn into orders... too much lag time, some people might be looking at 12-18 months before they even get their rig. Our society isn’t much about waiting or patience.. I think a lot of people will turn their attention somewhere else. I know for me I’m pretty much settled on getting a bronco but the final factor will be overall pricing.
Agree 100% on the lag time. It would of been great to see orders going in this September and the first ones being delivered in December. I think Ford might of timed it better as they have alot riding on this horse. I'm a die hard Bronco fan and will be patiently waiting. But I can see alot of others buying a Wrangler or other vehicle that need or want something sooner. I know the wife's wind in her sail is slowly fading on the Bronco as time goes on. She's now eyeing the new Jeep Grand Wagoneer.

OP
OP
vintage

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yup. Sounds about right. Lock thread.
Well we can always come up with another 500 posts on why we didn't get the build & price site "by September", LOL.
Ford Bronco Best guess on the 165k reservations turning into orders tenor (1)

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think that there will be about 80k orders from the 165k reservations. People who need a vehicle soon or those unsure about the Bronco will go elsewhere. I could see myself buying a Wrangler if the Bronco drags out too long.

mountainbiker90

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Guess I'm a skeptic. Thinking a third to a half. We will see. A $100 refundable deposit isn't a big deal. A $50k vehicle is. The options are a lot more expensive than I was expecting, at least going by the numbers used in the survey. I've got two reservations and will only be using one.

mountainbiker90

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd also be very surprised if Ford meets their timeline goals. It is a terrible time to try and manufacture something new right now. We are a bicycle dealer. Both bikes and parts are impossible to find right new. ETA's keep being pushed back. I do think Ford should have waited to release the Bronco until they were ready to go, or close to it.

Sponsored

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I already built and priced out a '21 Rubicon on line and will purchase one if the wait is going to be longer than a year. IF I really have to have the Bronco I'll just trade in the Rubi on a '22 Bronco when all the hype is over.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was anticipating the Bronco for years and reserved one at 8:03 on launch night. I would say Im 50/50 at best right now. I really want a weekend SUV that can tow my boat. Don't have space to have an SUV and a truck. May end up in a Gladiator instead.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have ordered 2 raptors. The dealership I ordered from had a long wait list and I was concerned when it would be my turn. They laughed And said out of 10 guys in line 7 will drop and sure enough that is exactly what happened. Again most will not be ready when they get the call in December BUT then if they decline to take delivery in 2021 they would only lose a $100 deposit.

It’s so damn easy to get financing for vehicles anymore.. if your willing to pay an extremely high interest rate, there is a bank out there for most people..
I think the long wait time will be the bigger factor..

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The better question is how many of those 165,000 even REMEMBER they have a Bronco reservation.

Supposedly, many of the 'reveal' images aren't available on real vehicles. Once the theme music fades will folks want to commit to the Real vehicle? I'd put the over/under at 60,000

When people buy something they always have questions. The Bronco process doesn't include anyone with answers. And if you complete an order in December, what's allowable on actual delivery...June?...November?...early 2022?
Sponsored