Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
why are you wanting a color swatch?
1. Unlike the Bronco sport showing body colors, no one will see the final MIC material before ordering

2. I'll see the Bronco in person at an October event. But there's been so many iterations of pre-pro MIC tops, I won't have a clue if what I'm seeing is what'll be delivered next spring

3. I'm not ordering something I've never seen. And I'm sure I'm not alone

Would be in your best interest to let folks see what they're ordering.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not really a secret anymore so I'll confirm, the new Webasto plant in Plymouth is making the hard top for the Bronco.
Hopefully Ford see's the demand and allows for optional white hard top

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes sense, but Webasto has nothing to do with this, they are simply supplying products to Ford. Whether or not you have the information you want prior to ordering would be something to take up with them, not the company making the components.
but y'all are supplying the hardtop, therefore you are the ones who can send out the swatches. ford just needs to authorize it

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What material are the painted hard tops made out of?

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Any supplier to any manufacturer is under contract only to that manufacturer.

Sending out materials to anyone other then who they are contracted with would most likely be a violation of their contract.

@BroncoGuy is great in helping us understand the hardtops but it is entirely up to Ford to get us paint, hardtop, softtop, seat cloth, seat leather, seat vinyl, floor vinyl, floor carpet or any other samples. We cannot go direct to any of those manufacturers and request samples.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Webasto will be making both the MIC and the painted hardtop. The MIC panels are produced in house and the painted panels come from another supplier. The painting is all done by an outside company and then the panels are assembled and then sent to the Ford plant.

There will be painted hardtops for both the 2dr and 5dr model.
Do you know of any updates to the possible late availability of the painted modular top?

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you know of any updates to the possible late availability of the painted modular top?
Just an fyi I talk to a paint and body shop today and was told they would paint the top ANY color for $ 1,200. That my help some people with there decision. Some shops more or less.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just an fyi I talk to a paint and body shop today and was told they would paint the top ANY color for $ 1,200. That my help some people with there decision. Some shops more or less.
Is that the smooth modular or textured MIC?

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that the smooth modular or textured MIC?
The body shop said they could work with either one .if it was textured it would take more work but he would stay with the price .I might just go this direction.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not joking - if the surface of the new Bronco hardtop is similar in texture to a CJ style hardtop, then you can easily paint it with a roller. I did part of the white inside of my hardtop with a roller, and you could not tell the difference. Reason being - you don't have to worry about the usual surface imperfections, like you would when applying automotive paint to smooth car panels, where you want a mirror finish. (Will depend on the new Bronco top surface texture though.)

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not joking - if the surface of the new Bronco hardtop is similar in texture to a CJ style hardtop, then you can easily paint it with a roller. I did part of the white inside of my hardtop with a roller, and you could not tell the difference. Reason being - you don't have to worry about the usual surface imperfections, like you would when applying automotive paint to smooth car panels, where you want a mirror finish. (Will depend on the new Bronco top surface texture though.)
Here’s a close-up of the texture.

493039B6-2281-4F4D-B52C-E7BCB8254E28.jpeg

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are GOING to be white top Broncos on the road within days of peoples deliveries next summer. Whether Ford wants to save them for special editions,\later MYs or not.

Ford might as well just give them to us from the factory now. :)
Sponsored