Sponsored

Ford should offer this for the lovely Bronco.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco is lovely and the Bronco can go topless/doorless!

However there are many who will never go topless or remove the doors for various reasons.

Should Ford add a Bronco variant that is exactly the same but with a fixed roof and regular doors that don’t come off?

Advantages:
1. Lower price
2. More weather resistant top
3. Better sound and temperature insulated
4. Take away sales from other fixed roof SUVs

Basically offer a version just as handsome and off road capable but with these advantages and without ability to go “naked”.

What do you think?
I think they should. It’s a smart move.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is lovely and the Bronco can go topless/doorless!

However there are many who will never go topless or remove the doors for various reasons.

Should Ford add a Bronco variant that is exactly the same but with a fixed roof and regular doors that don’t come off?

Advantages:
1. Lower price
2. More weather resistant top
3. Better sound and temperature insulated
4. Take away sales from other fixed roof SUVs

Basically offer a version just as handsome and off road capable but with these advantages and without ability to go “naked”.

What do you think?
I think they should. It’s a smart move.
No way...it's not what Bronco is. The VAST majority of buyers want everything removable on a vehicle like that, even if they never take stuff off.

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The issue would be the massive changes needed to the manufacturing line and the testing that would be needed to prove crash worthiness of both options. Would add to much to development costs.

You have a good benchmark of a fixed off roader (Toyota FJ) which flopped after the first year

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking that's at least part of what they are trying to do with the Sport. I don't think they'd see a large volume of sales with a fixed top. The removable top is what makes it so appealing and competitive with Jeep products.

THOMASO1371

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would have preferred a single piece over driver/passenger instead of two like the wrangler has. From what I read that center seam appears to be a major leak point if you don't reconnect the pieces right.

But Bronco has always had removable tops, Bronco 2 didn't which fits in line with the Bronco Sport.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

like said above, you'd need to develop another manufacturing process and new parts need to be developed, tested and made resulting in more expense. not lower price. the noise and temperature difference would also be minor.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hmmm, the naming should make it clear it competes with the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Can we call this one the "$30 Grand Bronco Wannabe"? ?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm thinking that's at least part of what they are trying to do with the Sport. I don't think they'd see a large volume of sales with a fixed top. The removable top is what makes it so appealing and competitive with Jeep products.
True, but the interior of the Sport looks dated already and the design aspects of the exterior will look dated fairly soon .... its the boxiness and a successful retro design of the Bronco that makes it so appealing, so different variations including what the OP is suggesting makes a lot of sense.

I will go a step further and say Bronco also needs to be offered in a rear wheel drive only with a locking differential.

Last edited:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is the beauty of the Bronco... you don’t want roof and doors off then don’t take them off. You want rugged with quiet and nice ride buy a “Bronco” Expedition. Majority of Jeep Wrangler owners never take doors or top off and I think Bronco owners will be the same way