Sponsored

Ford should offer this for the lovely Bronco.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe the "fixed roof" brigade would prefer a Chevrolet Blazer?🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sponsored

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think they call that the FJ.... and it didn't sell...
Yes it did sell. It was always set up to be a limited 5 year run of vehicles with a 6th year added because of sales. I was an owner of an FJ and I am really looking forward to the Bronco being as well built.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your arguments are not valid.
Provides two personal anecdotes as a rebuttal. 😂

FWIW, I wouldn't be considering the bronco if it was fixed top only. There's 30 other bland SUVs with AWD and another dozen 4x4 that go over any of the trails I'll be taking my Bronco on.

Sponsored

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Provides two personal anecdotes as a rebuttal. 😂
Anecdotal evidence was not meant to be used as proof. It was just to point out that your argument that the 3:2 preference was due to the market wanting a removable top is not valid. I would think any reasonable person can see that. I was just pointing out there are other reasons outside the removable top. You can just as easily say the market prefers rear mounted spares vs spares located under the vehicle or that the market prefers SFA vs IFS because the Wrangler outsells the 4Runner 3:2.

FWIW, I wouldn't be considering the bronco if it was fixed top only. There's 30 other bland SUVs with AWD and another dozen 4x4 that go over any of the trails I'll be taking my Bronco on.
Again, why does it have to be one or the other? Neither I nor the OP said the Bronco should be just a non-removable top vehicle. It's okay for you to want a removable top just like it's okay for the OP and me to want a non-removable top. Your argument that it's not cost effective is not valid either. Offering a manual transmission and 2 door version is far more costly than offering top options, yet they are there. Markets do show the preference for 4 doors and automatics. There is no question on that. There are many vehicles (with much lower sales figures) that offer both a non-removable top AND a convertible. If it was as deal breaker like you say they would not exist.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Again, why is that if someone doesn't want the removable top they automatically get a recommendation for a CUV or some other vehicle not built for off-roading like the Bronco? Why the assumption that if a person doesn't want removable doors and tops that person must not need a true off-roading capable rig?

I never understood that mentality. It's the same on the Jeep forums. As soon as someone states, they prefer a solid top and non-removable doors, members start recommending they turn in their man cards and get an EV crossover because true off-road enthusiast have to drive with the doors and top off.

If you want to get into heritage, only the 1st and 5th gen Broncos had completely removable tops. The 2nd - 4th gen had a removable top over just the rear seats and rear cab much like the older 4Runners. Not sure if all Broncos had removable doors either. There are a lot of major things different between the original Broncos and the 6th gen. You can't use "heritage" as an excuse when it serves your purpose and ignore the rest.
To each their own. I’m just saying this Bronco was brought back as a direct descendent of the Gen 1, not the Gens that didn’t have a removable top. So when I say it’s not in the heritage I’m referring to the Gen 1 / 2021. I’m sure Ford will eventually come out with a model with a bone removable top. I seen a Concept model that looked like Gen 2/3s that didn’t have a removable top it actually looked great. As a owner of a Gen1, I would not have been that excited or maybe even purchased a new bronco if it didn’t look like the 2021.
Just my 2 cents

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco is lovely and the Bronco can go topless/doorless!

However there are many who will never go topless or remove the doors for various reasons.

Should Ford add a Bronco variant that is exactly the same but with a fixed roof and regular doors that don’t come off?

Advantages:
1. Lower price
2. More weather resistant top
3. Better sound and temperature insulated
4. Take away sales from other fixed roof SUVs

Basically offer a version just as handsome and off road capable but with these advantages and without ability to go “naked”.

What do you think?
I think they should. It’s a smart move.
No lol

None of what you just said makes sense... It would cost them more (and thus you as well) to have two production lines. The thing is designed the way it is. The mic tops are just as weather resistant as any other top. Sound insulation would normally cost more (although ford has offered it for free). Not sure what "taking away from the sales of fixed roof suvs" has anything to do with anything. Why would it? People aren't buying a bronco for the roof, nor would anyone wanting a bronco settle for anything else because of the lack thereof. I get that people might want the painted roof for a more classy look. But for all intents and purposes it makes no difference.

Deleted member 19578

The Bronco is lovely and the Bronco can go topless/doorless!

However there are many who will never go topless or remove the doors for various reasons.

Should Ford add a Bronco variant that is exactly the same but with a fixed roof and regular doors that don’t come off?

Advantages:
1. Lower price
2. More weather resistant top
3. Better sound and temperature insulated
4. Take away sales from other fixed roof SUVs

Basically offer a version just as handsome and off road capable but with these advantages and without ability to go “naked”.

What do you think?
I think they should. It’s a smart move.
No, nope, nein, non, nee, iie....well you get the idea.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

People aren't buying a bronco for the roof, nor would anyone wanting a bronco settle for anything else because of the lack thereof. I get that people might want the painted roof for a more classy look. But for all intents and purposes it makes no difference.
Perhaps you have not seen the hundreds of posts from people that are:
  • Buying the open air experience
  • Delaying their order for a Modular Top
  • Delaying their order for a Painted White Top
I would buy a Bronco with a fixed hard top in a second, I don't need the removable one.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A one piece top would make sense to me... that would bolt on, somewhat permanently, and had a more traditional headliner and all. Then there would be no need to make a different variation of the body. Problem solved... y’all are gonna have to come up with more intense issues, these are too easy 😉

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A one piece top would make sense to me... that would bolt on, somewhat permanently, and had a more traditional headliner and all.
Hell...if they outsource it to Webasto, the sucker won't be ready until 2030 anyway!

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will pass. Even if I don't take the roof and doors off that much I still like having the option for the bronco

Ford Bronco Ford should offer this for the lovely Bronco. 1618057124309

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs