Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No idea, but I had a sheltie growing up and they are THE BEST! Love 'em. ❤

I mean, my dog went around with his head out the back window and my dad's lead foot (gas and break). "Jamie want to go for a ride!" got him all hot and bothered. Prolly lucky he didn't get decapitated. He loved it, I cringe now, knowledge is power but sometimes naivety lets you enjoy life in lieu of real disasters occurring.

Nowadays I would be concerned (my cats get secured in crates, for several reasons). it's just strange my free-range childhood is about against the law or immoral anymore. Sometimes for good reason.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could you provide details on your red interior trim pieces (i.e. AC vents, ignition, etc)?
[/QUOTE]
Started with sticker fab decals and my airbrush (tabs) have since found new interior pieces I’m swapping out with.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You think a crate solves this problem? Physics doesn't stop working if they're in a crate, as the links you provided show. They hit the front of a crate with the same forces that they hit a dash. It may slow them down from becoming a furry missile but the likelihood of them surviving is not great. The product they suggest as passing all the tests is a harness based restraint device, not a crate. You need something that absorbs some of the force of the impact with connectors that can also handle those stresses. As someone with a few engineering degrees I am well aware that all these products are risk reduction techniques. not full risk mitigation. The only true mitigation is to not drive. My pets are always restrained and the products I use have some of those features. That coupled with safe driving practices and awareness is the strategy I take with my pups so that there is a balance between safety and enjoyment. If I come to a dead stop at 30+ it won't be good for any of us.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You think a crate solves this problem? Physics doesn't stop working if they're in a crate, as the links you provided show. They hit the front of a crate with the same forces that they hit a dash. It may slow them down from becoming a furry missile but the likelihood of them surviving is not great. The product they suggest as passing all the tests is a harness based restraint device, not a crate. You need something that absorbs some of the force of the impact with connectors that can also handle those stresses. As someone with a few engineering degrees I am well aware that all these products are risk reduction techniques. not full risk mitigation. The only true mitigation is to not drive. My pets are always restrained and the products I use have some of those features. That coupled with safe driving practices and awareness is the strategy I take with my pups so that there is a balance between safety and enjoyment. If I come to a dead stop at 30+ it won't be good for any of us.
It’s just scare marketing. I’d rather have my dog bounce off the seat than in a crate.

RYD003

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You think a crate solves this problem? Not my words
- But I know its better than some webbing and plastic clips

Physics doesn't stop working if they're in a crate, as the links you provided show.
- The "links" are just for refrence.

They hit the front of a crate with the same forces that they hit a dash.
- Incorrect, the side of a crate is inches from the dog - who knows the dog could already be leaning against it

It may slow them down from becoming a furry missile but the likelihood of them surviving is not great.
- Better than tied to some webbing & sitting on a pillow

The product they suggest as passing all the tests is a harness based restraint device, not a crate.
- "THEY" depends on who "THEY' is - I personally believe the "THEY" that recomend crates

You need something that absorbs some of the force of the impact with connectors that can also handle those stresses. As someone with a few engineering degrees I am well aware that all these products are risk reduction techniques. not full risk mitigation.
- Im happy for you

The only true mitigation is to not drive. My pets are always restrained and the products I use have some of those features. That coupled with safe driving practices and awareness is the strategy I take with my pups so that there is a balance between safety and enjoyment.
- Sounds like you are talking yourself into the lesser safe solution, rationalizing based on your desire to not put your dog in a crate -for: "enjoyment".

If I come to a dead stop at 30+ it won't be good for any of us.
- You can drive as safe as you want - but its not "You" that your are keeping you and your family members safe from.

https://gunner.com/blogs/pack/how-a-gunner-dog-crate-survived-a-bridge-car-crash

accident_5782.jpg

Carter_Coleman__crash__blog-515023_1800x.jpg

Space Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 1st Edition, etc...
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have a Sheltie that has recently developed arthritis in his front right leg. He is 9 years old... will not be jumping in the car.

He can still walk fine but sometimes has trouble getting up from a sitting position.

In general, I am curious to learn what the Bronco community has done for their dogs - how to securely have him either in the passenger side or in the cargo space.

What has your experience been?

Anything we should buy to keep our dog (Charlie) more secure.

The 2nd row is not an option for us since we have two kids that are both in car seats. Taking the seats out and putting them back in several times a day is not an option - if you have kids you know what I mean!

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Best setup for a dog passenger side or in the cargo space Carter_Coleman__crash__blog-515023_1800x
Ford Bronco Best setup for a dog passenger side or in the cargo space Carter_Coleman__crash__blog-515023_1800x
Hi Charlie!

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how about bouncing off your head? :ROFLMAO:
I’m Good with it.

Be a cold day in hell when I treat my dog like a slave. Weird people get upset when we do it to people but it’s cool with dogs.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Best setup for a dog passenger side or in the cargo space goat yoga

Goat yoga is not only a fun, novel activity, but it will leave you in a state of improved health. Goat yoga will help relieve anxiety, stress, and depression. It can help draw you into the present moment, so you stop worrying and thinking about the future and your to-do list so much.
7 Benefits of Doing Goat Yoga – Yoga With Dakota
Sponsored