Sponsored

Does the 4 doors even matter for passenger space?

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's pretty much the same deal in the jeeps, nothing shocking: once you're in the back seats, the space isn't bad for either 2 or 4-door.

It's just getting into those back seats and then the cargo area behind them.

Make your decisions based on that. And whether or not your anonymous internet friends will think you're cool enough.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to stress this statement to the max in a few months with a 20 day family road trip. We'll see how much we hate each other by the end.
You taking a trailer or packing the roof? Would love to see your gear list. 20 days is a challenge at any size. :)

If y’all are heading out to some cool spots, bet everyone will have a great time and memories will be made.

Can’t wait to read about the trip, so hope you start a thread about the adventure.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You taking a trailer or packing the roof? Would love to see your gear list. 20 days is a challenge at any size. :)

If y’all are heading out to some cool spots, bet everyone will have a great time and memories will be made.

Can’t wait to read about the trip, so hope you start a thread about the adventure.
I don't even have a roof rack. I'm bringing this, whatever fits is all we get.

Screenshot_20220212-145043.png

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2 door. The most important factor for me is the longer door that makes it very easy for me at 6’4” to get in and out of, and the B pillar being farther back giving me more elbow room. The only people who would ever be in the back of my 2 door are my wife at 5’2” or my buddy’s son who is currently 8. I am seriously considering removing one or both rear seats as our last sedan and SUV had a third passenger no more than once per year. I have a crew cab pickup as well, so we can always just drive something else rather than my toy.

I will agree with others that the storage space in the 2 door is minimal, my ARB fridge basically fills the rear storage. My one regret is not ordering the factory roof rack, I skipped it on the order in case it became a constraint.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely will, should be some useful tips to come out of it. We're exploring the SE US.

The trailer has a rack when folded that I could put a cargo carrier on but I think it's going to be a pain to use.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CashOfLegend

CashOfLegend

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2009 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stumbling upon this post like...
Ford Bronco Does the 4 doors even matter for passenger space? Screenshot_20220212-145043
Responses to this thread has almost made me leave this forum. Lack of reading comprehension, general ass-hattery and dickishness. It's like a Corvette convention.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Responses to this thread has almost made me leave this forum. Lack of reading comprehension, general ass-hattery and dickishness. It's like a Corvette convention.
Yeah, kinda like a mustang forum or a flyfishermen on a drift fishing forum ... Like come on. Lol 🤷🤦

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ED74D641-42F6-4823-B3DD-C0DB922DDD3B.jpeg

Lockers both ends. Not in the picture is my 66 CJ5 with factory V6 and hard top and the TJ. So am I a wheeler? Since you brought it up, you be the judge. But for the record this will be our secondary vehicle.

This is going to be the family fun vehicle. So as much as I find it conspicuously odd that rear leg room is practically the same in both, the extra storage will be helpful. Right now the OBX with rear lockers and high package has the lead, but I will wait till the Everglades hits the builder before an order is placed and the final decision is made.

It is interesting how a curious dimensional observation has spurred so much vitriol about something so trivial as a counting of doors.
The 4-door Bronco is 15.7" longer than the 2-door; it's all in the wheelbase, but the trunk is much larger than the 2-door. The stretch puts the rear axle behind the rear seat rather than nearly under it, so the wheel wells move back 15 inches or so, which widens the rear seat space and makes it a "5-passenger" vehicle. But like any mid-sized 5-seater, the middle rear seat is meant for petite high school girls at best.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah, but ahh, no.

Seems you’re also missing the point of the vehicle. Bronco is for wheeling. You can take any SUV to the local normal camping spots. The Waggoner is about to be great for that and quite honestly, the Explorer Timberline or Bronco Sport handle camping duty just fine.

Bronco isn’t for packing the house up to go glamping to watch Netflix is a tent, it’s for going far out like in the very picture you used for the photoshop and a longer wheelbase is not what wheelers want. Short wheelbase means less to get hung up on when going over rocks and tree roots, etc.

You guys in the carpool line and weekend camp crowd with the kids literally have no fewer than 15 options. Bronco and Wrangler are for more serious and far out pursuits to places where I frankly will not go with the kids and often not the wife as this just increases my risk and responsibility when that far off grid.

The wife’s SUV is for family camping. I even put more aggressive tires on her RR Sport for ”just in case”.
🥱

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've done plenty of rock crawling/climbing in a 4-door vehicle. Not as nifty as a shorter 2-door, but my passengers sure enjoyed it a hevkuva lot more.

Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh, the gatekeepers.

Bronco gatekeepers are no different than nerd culture gatekeepers are no different than video game gatekeepers are no different than sports Fandom gatekeepers are no different than musical taste gatekeepers are no different than...

Last edited:

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, but ahh, no.

Seems you’re also missing the point of the vehicle. Bronco is for wheeling. You can take any SUV to the local normal camping spots. The Waggoner is about to be great for that and quite honestly, the Explorer Timberline or Bronco Sport handle camping duty just fine.

Bronco isn’t for packing the house up to go glamping to watch Netflix is a tent, it’s for going far out like in the very picture you used for the photoshop and a longer wheelbase is not what wheelers want. Short wheelbase means less to get hung up on when going over rocks and tree roots, etc.

You guys in the carpool line and weekend camp crowd with the kids literally have no fewer than 15 options. Bronco and Wrangler are for more serious and far out pursuits to places where I frankly will not go with the kids and often not the wife as this just increases my risk and responsibility when that far off grid.

The wife’s SUV is for family camping. I even put more aggressive tires on her RR Sport for ”just in case”.
Sorry we think differently.
I would buy one in a heartbeat .

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The 2 dr is for actual off-roading (king of the hammers winners were 2dr) but we need the 4 drs so Ford can sell Broncos to tons of folks and be profitable so they can keep making them...:LOL::LOL:

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The 2 dr is for actual off-roading (king of the hammers winners were 2dr) but we need the 4 drs so Ford can sell Broncos to tons of folks and be profitable so they can keep making them...:LOL::LOL:
And for those wanting to do 90% of what you can do in a 2-door, but with their occupants far more comfortable and with far more room for their gear.
😀👍👍

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The KOHs was won with 2.7s with slushboxes, but Ford still needs those Chinese transmissions and 4 bangers.
Sponsored