Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500, Bronco, 600RR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

(y) Good enough for me, I'm going to give it a go.
Just keep in mind if you accidentally separate the inner CV joint, youā€™ll likely have to replace the entire CV axle. If youā€™re not going to push the axle out, be careful not to pull on the inner CV. I had one separate and even though I was able to get the bearings back in, it never was right after that and I had to replace it. Couldā€™ve been avoided if Iā€™d done a better job of pushing the axle out (an air hammer is a relatively cheap investment if you already have compressed air). Just my 2 cents, donā€™t want you to end up in the same boat.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just keep in mind if you accidentally separate the inner CV joint, youā€™ll likely have to replace the entire CV axle. If youā€™re not going to push the axle out, be careful not to pull on the inner CV. I had one separate and even though I was able to get the bearings back in, it never was right after that and I had to replace it. Couldā€™ve been avoided if Iā€™d done a better job of pushing the axle out (an air hammer is a relatively cheap investment if you already have compressed air). Just my 2 cents, donā€™t want you to end up in the same boat.
Thanks for heads up. I know this is a concern, will certainly be paying attention.

OP
OP

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Back to my original question. Why would you do it this way IF removing the lower arm bolts from the subframe reduced or eliminates the risk of seperating the CV and you donā€™t have to break out big bar to pry down on the suspension. IF you are replacing the upper arm I could understand but other than that?

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back to my original question. Why would you do it this way IF removing the lower arm bolts from the subframe reduced or eliminates the risk of seperating the CV and you donā€™t have to break out big bar to pry down on the suspension. IF you are replacing the upper arm I could understand but other than that?
Do you mind sharing the videos you found of doing the LCA method? Iā€™ll be doing this tomorrow.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a gigantic fan but I followed Sarah-n- tuned video, lifting my 2021 Bronco Black Diamond // Bilstien 6100s. Pretty straight forward on the instructions.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I removed sway bar mounts not links, easy. Mark alignment cams on lowers, loosen from nut side not bolt side. Pretty easy, no hammering.
I did it the easy way by MARKING all 4 lower control arm alignment washers (on each side) with the frame, and dropping the LCAā€™s via 2 bolts on each side. Just keep track of bolt and washer position (with relation to the frame) and you will have a great driving Bronco when youā€™re done.
Both of these. Just remove the sway bar mounts, don't disco from the LCA...no need. You just have to maneuver them a little more, but no biggy.

Mark every alignment washer!

This is by far the easiest method. Try this vid. from Stage3Motorsports, it is what I followed.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Isn't the nut on the end of the axle a one time use fastener?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Finally started on my front today adding collars. Half way through dumping the driver LCA first. Taking my time and marked all the cams. On the braptor I have a single lower strut bolt its a bit of a bitch because Ford put a non turning nut on the back side. I was able to break the 27mm bolt loose with a 2' 1/2 breaker bar. if that wasnt enough I got a pipe extension not my first rodeo with these tq specs.

Sponsored

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Drop the lca, no worries on cvs. Done it 2x.

Only issue I had was re torqing the alignment nuts, they simply did not want to stay where they should. I'm thinking next time tightening, then dropping the bronco, and torqing might work

BroncoEnvy

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr, 2006 F250 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did it the easy way by MARKING all 4 lower control arm alignment washers (on each side) with the frame, and dropping the LCAā€™s via 2 bolts on each side. Just keep track of bolt and washer position (with relation to the frame) and you will have a great driving Bronco when youā€™re done.
I'm curious did you have to drop the swap bar disconnect in order to get the bolts that hold the LCA out? In the videos I've watched using this method the sway bar is removed to allow enough room for the bolts to come out. But all the videos I've seen were on other trims than the badlands and have a traditional sway bar vs the sway bar disconnect mechanism found on the badlands trim. I am looing at adding the RC 1" lift/level to the front and rear of my badlands and I'd prefer to go with removing the lower control route vs taking the knuckle off the UCA and having to worry about pushing the CV axle out of the knuckle and what not. Any tips/feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored