robsafari

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Quick question. I am planning to install some coilovers front and rear and was wondering what might be the cheapest/safest way to get the rig off the ground. Probably have to do it one at a time I imagine with a jack/jack stands/ramps? Thanks for any input.

Unfortunately I do not know someone with a lift.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used a 4 ton floor jack and 6 ton stands to do all my suspension work. I lifted one corner, placed a jack, then lifted the other corner, placed jack, worked with both in the air.

Last edited:

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did 1 corner at a time. Loosen the lug nuts, jack the vehicle until the tire gets in the air, remove the wheel tire, place a jack stand under the frame, slowly lower the frame to the jack stand. Mark ALL 8 of your lower control arm alignment keys to the frame prior to removing them. You want to be able to put them back in the exact same spot and orientation so that you're at least "close" to aligned prior to the proper alignment.

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick question. I am planning to install some coilovers front and rear and was wondering what might be the cheapest/safest way to get the rig off the ground. Probably have to do it one at a time I imagine with a jack/jack stands/ramps? Thanks for any input.

Unfortunately I do not know someone with a lift.
I put on the Fabtech 3 inch lift with coilovers using a heavy duty floor jack and two heavy duty jack stands. It was safe and solid.

IMG_7933.JPG

IMG_7940.JPG

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Biggest jack stands harbor freight sold 15 years ago. Buy the tallest ones as you get more round with age.
Unfortunately, I'm living proof of that
Ford Bronco Best way to work on suspension? anon

But yes floor jack & jack stands are going to be the cheapest way. Never rely on a jack alone 🤠
Sponsored