Sponsored

Suggestions on suspension modifications to best run 37’s?

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My bronco will be delivered here in a few months. I am considering upgrading to 37’s and different wheels. To do this, I’m wondering what suspension set up would be best for me. This will be my primary vehicle but I do plan on off roading quite a bit. I don’t wanna buy a super expensive set up but I also don’t want to throw trash parts on to my truck. I considered the grt off road kit but I’m not sure how well that will hold up, also been eyeing the eibach truck 2.0 but saw some pictures after installation and it seems to remove some travel…… so idk any help is appreciated lol.

ps: I might just stick with 35’s as that’s the size of tire the truck was engineered to run… we shall see
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I put on a 1.5” body lift and Jks max tire kit (needed for 37s period) and left the Sasquatch suspension alone for now, other than a 1” front leveling kit.

OP
OP
broncoj11

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put on a 1.5” body lift and Jks max tire kit (needed for 37s period) and left the Sasquatch suspension alone for now, other than a 1” front leveling kit.
Which body lift? And do you have pictures?

Sponsored

G.ATX.M

Wildtrak
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey , I had a perch collar lift done yesterday from GRT OFFROAD . It levels the front
1.5” wheel spacers to keep the stock wheel
No mods needed for the spare. Fits 37’s with no rub!

Ford Bronco Suggestions on suspension modifications to best run 37’s? 6DF004E8-5757-4EC4-82EF-9EC2CA6C9C01

OP
OP
broncoj11

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup
Hey , I had a perch collar lift done yesterday from GRT OFFROAD . It levels the front
1.5” wheel spacers to keep the stock wheel
No mods needed for the spare. Fits 37’s with no rub!

Ford Bronco Suggestions on suspension modifications to best run 37’s? 6DF004E8-5757-4EC4-82EF-9EC2CA6C9C01
Yup this was the kit I was eyeing. Have you went crawling yet?

Cybindustries1904

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor, Mach E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am running Icon coil overs, upper control arms and core 4x4 track bar and rear links. No issues and I wheel my bronco so she gets abused.

IMG_1591.JPG

G.ATX.M

Wildtrak
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup

Yup this was the kit I was eyeing. Have you went crawling yet?
Not yet, I just had it installed yesterday by Garrett that owns GRT and Dirt tires and donuts garage in park city UT. He’s taken his FE a with this kit over some of the hardest stuff in Moab with no issues. Check out their Instagram great dude with great product.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncoj11

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not yet, I just had it installed yesterday by Garrett that owns GRT and Dirt tires and donuts garage in park city UT. He’s taken his FE a with this kit over some of the hardest stuff in Moab with no issues. Check out their Instagram great dude with great product.
How much did he charge for install? And you didn’t need a 3rd brake late relocation or a new carrier?

G.ATX.M

Wildtrak
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You don’t need either. I’m going to add the tailgate reinforcement soon, just out abundance of caution. But the stock setup works fine. I’m going to skip the 3rd break light extension.

All in just under 4k

Breakdown
Sas Lift collars -249.95
Tires- BFG ko2 37” $2375
1.5” Spacers $300
Mount and balance $125
Alignment (I took to another shop) $115
Labor $500

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm running Icon Lift with tubular UCA with no max tire clearance kit and only experience rubbing at full lock to the right in reverse.

If you want to go the less expensive route, I'd do a spacer lift, UCAs, and max clearance.

Ford Bronco Suggestions on suspension modifications to best run 37’s? IMG_6356 (1)

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, there's good info in this thread... All I have to offer is be mindful of what 37" tire you go with. Some will require a lift, levelers, crash bar delete, etc...

All 37" tire are not the same size.

My self and above are running 37" K02s. Im on factory wheels, no lift, no levelers, with no rub.

There are many treads on 37" tires on B6G.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My bronco will be delivered here in a few months. I am considering upgrading to 37’s and different wheels. To do this, I’m wondering what suspension set up would be best for me. This will be my primary vehicle but I do plan on off roading quite a bit. I don’t wanna buy a super expensive set up but I also don’t want to throw trash parts on to my truck. I considered the grt off road kit but I’m not sure how well that will hold up, also been eyeing the eibach truck 2.0 but saw some pictures after installation and it seems to remove some travel…… so idk any help is appreciated lol.

ps: I might just stick with 35’s as that’s the size of tire the truck was engineered to run… we shall see
If you care about articulation, avoid the preload lifts (they reduce the down-travel, which hurts the usable total travel). The preload kits also don't fix the bump stop for 37's, but are OK for street or mild offroad use.

Strut spacers (e.g. Icon or Zone) with stock Bilsteins (yellow shocks) are OK to maintain factory ride and travel and they naturally provide full-compression clearance for 37's. If you want to increase travel, the Icon stage 3+ coilovers have the best published travel specs and support both 35" (max travel) and 37" (with add-on reduced travel bump stop spacers). King and Fox also publish their travel specs, but most other coilover venders keep it a secret (don't want to look bad, I guess). As far as I know, only Icon coilovers support both 35" and 37" for full compression, the others recommend 35" max since they don't provide 37" bump stops.

Wheel offset is key to prevent rub. Best is usually 17x8.5 with +12 offset (or equivalent such as sasquatch +30 wheel with 0.75" BORA spacer). For offroad use (full range lock-to-lock articulation), you will likely need to trim down the front crash bar stubs (2 pairs per side) with an angle grinder. If you use other wheel offsets (e.g. 17x8.5+0) or tires on larger side, you may have to modify the frame and fender liner mount (jks kit). Note that the JKS kit eliminates the SORB gusset, so you have to be OK with increased risk of occupant death. BFG tires work well (37x12.50) since they are 36.5".
Sponsored