Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Big tires have their place. It is fun to walk through 'technical' parts of the trail while others require spotting to avoid damage. Not for everyone or every situation but they have their place.

Ford Bronco BIG TIRES SUCK! And Here's Why :-) Water 1
Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ehh, this is another one of those "religious discussions". Many of the points the dude in this video makes don't apply if you are ordering a vehicle which was designed specifically for the larger tires, as is the case with the Bronco.
Despite that, its his opinion on why he doesn't like big tires. You know what they say about opinions, right.
When it comes to big tires on the Bronco, do what makes you happy. Next....

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so i run a bigger heavy 35" tire the nitto ridge grappler 35x12.5r17 on my jeep.. off road they do very easily walk over things, my old 32" tires used to chirp on. But i will say you can also certainly feel the weight on the vehicle, in turning, breaking and acceleration..

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No one has said they are a variant of the Duratrac...and GoodYear said they were completely new. "Wrangler" encompasses a whole line of tires. Maybe they are built on the Duratrac casing, but no one has confirmed that.

You are right that 35s are generally a little bit bigger, but not always, and with brands like BGF, it's 1/10". That said, if the numbers you show are the difference, putting radius 2/10" bigger on a true 35, then there is no way that it is that close from the factory to make a difference. You can almost assuredly run any 12.5" 315 or 35 on the market.
I sure hope you’re right!
Sponsored