First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only Broncos I've seen in person were a Big Bend and Outer Banks. Initially, I was pretty set on the Badlands. But after standing next to a Big Bend and seeing how big the stock 32" street tires look in real life, I couldn't imagine how nutty a 'squatch or even stock BL would look. In photos, to me, the BD has the perfect proportions/stance. It just looks right with the steelies and the 32s. It doesn't look like a monster rock crawler. But it looks like a tasteful, practical and capable trail rider. Which is exactly what I want.

Can't wait to see one "IRL" and determine if that's still the case when it's not just in a photo... ha.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m happy to report stock BD handles pretty well on rocky trails. It definitely hangs a bit low - but, it’s protected enough that there isn’t any serious damage. The rear lower control arms being the most problematic - but, they have their own mini skid plate. A couple of inches wouldn’t hurt if you plan on rock climbing at all. 4L and Rock mode and it was crawling over everything in first gear (MT) without stalling.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have an 11/1 🤞🏻 build on a Black Diamond 4dr, Sas, mid soft top. I have seen a few non-Sas Black Diamonds and honestly it looks killer. I wouldn’t hesitate ordering that way it looks perfectly balanced and will handle 95% of any off-road conditions that most of us throw at it. The steelie setup looks amazing

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only Broncos I've seen in person were a Big Bend and Outer Banks. Initially, I was pretty set on the Badlands. But after standing next to a Big Bend and seeing how big the stock 32" street tires look in real life, I couldn't imagine how nutty a 'squatch or even stock BL would look. In photos, to me, the BD has the perfect proportions/stance. It just looks right with the steelies and the 32s. It doesn't look like a monster rock crawler. But it looks like a tasteful, practical and capable trail rider. Which is exactly what I want.

Can't wait to see one "IRL" and determine if that's still the case when it's not just in a photo... ha.
Your assessment is 100% correct.

The steelies are the best looking wheels on the 21 bronco. I'll say it.

Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 4 door VB 2.3 soft top Mid is being built this coming Friday

FLCaptain

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been team base this whole time, but lately I've been eyeing the BD. I wanted to do a mild build on a non-sas base, but I could just get everything I wanted from the factory with a BD and basically just have to add 33s later on. My only gripe with the BD is the blue interior accents though. I know most of it can be changed out but the seat stitching is pretty permanent. What was Ford thinking on that one? It's fine on the natural exterior colors, but it looks odd on the reds, CO, and EG.
It’s such a small detail. Have you seen one up close? The marine grade vinyl is the best. It’s better than leather. There’s so little blue accent and it’s really well done. It’s only on the louvers for the AC handles the to grab handles and the seat stitching. I’ll take the bisher rear locker and gears and off road readiness and dye the blue thread if I where you.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I concur.
I concur as I always thought the fj cruiser stock Steelers look the best too.
Me five! I saw the steelies and the Grabbers and I was hooked! (stupid masks)

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 20210428_134052

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 20210428_133743

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m happy to report stock BD handles pretty well on rocky trails. It definitely hangs a bit low - but, it’s protected enough that there isn’t any serious damage. The rear lower control arms being the most problematic - but, they have their own mini skid plate. A couple of inches wouldn’t hurt if you plan on rock climbing at all. 4L and Rock mode and it was crawling over everything in first gear (MT) without stalling.
Including parking curbs lol

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wifey says steelies look like a basic winter tire wheel setup. Not really a big fan of upgraded aluminum wheel option and not cheap! How does aftermarket wheel upgrade compare