Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ok hive mind.... i am trying to understand the logic of the mid package. There is nothing there that interests me. Just more stuff to go bad. Heated seats? I’m in TX. Remote start? I’m getting the manual, so not an option. Lighted vanity mirrors, nope. NAV? Subscription So nope. All of the safety stuff? For those who text while driving, don’t need it. The list goes on.
Anyone else feel this way? I would love to get the LUX without the MID or HIGH.
Mid is a fairly garbage package aimed at making your significant other happier about your Bronco purchase.

The only things I want out of it are the additional outlets and the BLIS (which has proven quite useful on the roadways in the Ranger).

Worth $1,500 for those? Heck no! The rest is fluff and i'll gladly take that $1,500 and apply it to get a MIC white roof or roof rack and some other goodies.
Sponsored

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For me the BL is the rear locker that is doing it for me with out having to upgrade to a Sasquatch......

Wen

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok hive mind.... i am trying to understand the logic of the mid package. There is nothing there that interests me. Just more stuff to go bad. Heated seats? I’m in TX. Remote start? I’m getting the manual, so not an option. Lighted vanity mirrors, nope. NAV? Subscription So nope. All of the safety stuff? For those who text while driving, don’t need it. The list goes on.
Anyone else feel this way? I would love to get the LUX without the MID or HIGH.
Yeah I'm with you on more stuff to break. Really only like the heated seats on that list for early morning surf but yeah I'm in Cali lol

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If that's where the math is, a custom install on the base would be WAY cheaper. The base is about 28K. The BD is 36K. Replacement vinyl flooring by itself is $150 from a random sample. The work ripping and gluing it can only cost a couple hundred bucks. Vinyl aftermarket upholstery and installation is about a grand or so. So maybe $1500 or $2K total, doing none of the work and paying all of the money - you save $6K.
If I did Bd I wouldn’t Sasquatch, but base maybe so. Are you guys thinking base instead of BD, and if so sas or everything aftermarket?

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

wish in the ofroad testing phase they would have used a Black diamond and a Big bend to see how they do but if they did well they BL, and sasquatch would be a hard sell i guess.

Sponsored

rich

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, Moto Guzzi V7 III
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not going to lie. Those 33" LT 285/70/r17 tires look good on the Badlands.

If the Sasquatch package is too expensive even for the Base. Im going Black Diamond but I'd like to throw a set of 285s on right at the dealer before taking her home. Id love to know if they would fit with no issues. I wouldn't see why not.

I wish someone would ask a Ford rep at these meet ups.

Screenshot_20200821-125644_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200821-125545_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is the main thing I am having an issue with on the Black Diamond. I realllllllly want some 33'' tires on there but not willing to go up to the Badlands.
This is the only time I've seen it brought up, but it would be amazing if Ford would offer this as a factory option.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If that's where the math is, a custom install on the base would be WAY cheaper. The base is about 28K. The BD is 36K. Replacement vinyl flooring by itself is $150 from a random sample. The work ripping and gluing it can only cost a couple hundred bucks. Vinyl aftermarket upholstery and installation is about a grand or so. So maybe $1500 or $2K total, doing none of the work and paying all of the money - you save $6K.
Or just throw in some catch all mats and be done.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wish they would let you just pick items from the packs,like you most of the mid/high i don't need,only want the onboard 110v inverter and better stereo.come on B/P we need answers
Agreed. The only thing I want from the mid package is the 110V inverter.

Rizz512

Base
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Zo6, Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you add the front locker without going Sasquatch on the BD?

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright I’m back to BD squad. As long as I can throw the M210 Dana on the front axle then I’m 99% sure I’m going BD.

I plan to throw on a 3-4” lift with coil overs down the road once the basic warranty expires. 35s for tires. Does the M210 Dana include stronger control arms or is it strictly rotating parts?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My BD build will be...
2 Dr with Granger pricing
$35129
Add 2.7 AT $3500
Sasquatch $4500
Roof rails $400
Tow $ 600
Total not including sales tx
$44129
Doable for me I guess

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alright I’m back to BD squad. As long as I can throw the M210 Dana on the front axle then I’m 99% sure I’m going BD.

I plan to throw on a 3-4” lift with coil overs down the road once the basic warranty expires. 35s for tires. Does the M210 Dana include stronger control arms or is it strictly rotating parts?

No one seems to know if the control arms are different. One day we may get pictures of the suspension on all these Broncos we get pictures of every day. Maybe.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Personally I'm withholding judgement on the PACKAGES until i see whats offered in the 200 after market parts .... and then do a quick price comparison on the web for installing my own list of goodies

As far as the conversation revolving around the flooring goes, i find it funny that back in the day, the floors were just bare metal (YES , I'm a boomer)

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think I've come to a similar conclusion. I placed my reservation for a Badlands, but at this point I'm pretty settled on a Black Diamond. I definitely want a manual, so that rules out Sasquatch. For 95% of the offroading I'll ever really do, having just the rear locker and the m190 front-end is probably more than adequate. Most any other difference between BD and Badlands I'm sure I can upgrade over time through the aftermarket.
Sponsored