Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

upon further review, I agree I absolutely agree. I got confused as I was trying to research the locking diffs and if they interacted with the "goat modes" or had to be selected separately. I am still confused about this. I have not seen a locking diff selection switch in any of the Broncho pics.

I really apologize if I lead anyone into my confusion.

The locking diff info on ice is still relavent for what it's worth
And so is 4A to me. The whole point is to not lose traction. You hit a patch that's slick, you'll lose traction. The 4A should rescue that, but as pointed out, it might then grab and throw you where you didn't intend....choices choices.
Sponsored

djwils17

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands, Mercury Mariner, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the area 51 doesn't look right on website here it is again

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread Overland6IMG_0942-scaled

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it is for off-road.

Positraction very useful off road as in high articulation situations with one wheel free in air, deep mud, deep snow, dune running, bad boat landings, being stuck, come to mind. not good on pavement (drive train binding), glare ice, light snow. In these very low traction situations both wheels on same axle spin (lose what ever marginal traction you had) and directional control is lost resulting in skid or spin out. This can happen without warning, in a nano second and lead to soiled underwear or much worse.

Not sure how the auto system on the Broncho will be programed, but the Ford auto system in the past has been programed to disengage at speed over 20 mph. Friend has complained that on his F150 it can be slow to disengage.

See https://www.blueovaltrucks.com/tech-articles/understanding-the-4wd-in-your-ford/
OK, this helped. The link.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I’m considering the black diamond (also for the interior) but noticed that the optional wheels come with M/T tires, instead of A/T tires with the standard wheels. So, not sure I want the M/T tires over the A/T tires. Of course, could just be a problem with B&P.

4FB20F88-809A-43B8-88F3-5691055F28FB.jpeg
Mud-terrain?!? Why the hell would it come with mud terrain tires??

Last edited:

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Next issue, and sorry, I'm only 24 hours on BD since discovering the marine vinyl.....

Most things say rock trails are standard. Now I see it's an option on build for 600.? Which is it? Frankly, I'm happy without so I can add steps....

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added the upgraded wheels for 995 not the best but better than the steelies also added cactus gray 2 door mid package rock sliders which was standered now they charging 595 this could be one of the website mistakes though I hope. I added the floor liners . Not sure about tow package does the tow package come with upgraded engine cooler if not I’m not getting tow. Sucks we can’t get white top
I always prefer weather tech over factory liners

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I added the upgraded wheels for 995 not the best but better than the steelies also added cactus gray 2 door mid package rock sliders which was standered now they charging 595 this could be one of the website mistakes though I hope. I added the floor liners . Not sure about tow package does the tow package come with upgraded engine cooler if not I’m not getting tow. Sucks we can’t get white top
No it never has, it's only ever been a 2" Class II hitch and dual plugs. Some of us have been hoping for a separate max tow package with a lot more that improved the towing, but it's looking less and less like that will happen.

Last edited:

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sasquatch is also listed as Mud-terrain and I thought I read 1000x on here its Multi-Terrain. Hopefully its just an error.

On another note, what are the BD coming with standard for tires?

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess I’ll do my part as a forum member that spends too much time on here....that tire is not a traditional mud tire. Per Goodyear, it is a hybrid between AT and MT. To me personally, it looks like it’ll drive more like an AT. Do not worry about it.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I’ll do my part as a forum member that spends too much time on here....that tire is not a traditional mud tire. Per Goodyear, it is a hybrid between AT and MT. To me personally, it looks like it’ll drive more like an AT. Do not worry about it.
I thought I saw this too but the fact it said mud terrain threw me off. I don’t want to have to buy 5 new tires before I even drive off the lot.

Last edited:

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought I saw this too but that fact it said just terrain threw me off. I don’t want to have to buy 5 new tires before I even drive off the lot.
Lolol, I honestly had no idea I was responding to you or else my post would’ve been a little different haha.

But yea I get the concern. I’ve driven on muds and ATs but these lean AT HARD. They have siping for water and snow. The knobs are small like ATs too. I think it’ll be a good street/offroad tire. If it’s not, I’ll be right there with you trading them in. I have zero patience for bad tires, as I live in flooded ass Houston lol.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why so much hate about the steelies? They are the closest thing to the early Bronco. Although I guess not everyone wants that look. I do. (However, I plan on eventually painting mine white.)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lolol, I honestly had no idea I was responding to you or else my post would’ve been a little different haha.

But yea I get the concern. I’ve driven on muds and ATs but these lean AT HARD. They have siping for water and snow. The knobs are small like ATs too. I think it’ll be a good street/offroad tire. If it’s not, I’ll be right there with you trading them in. I have zero patience for bad tires, as I live in flooded ass Houston lol.
Lol! That’s all good to know but I totally agree. In Colorado we need all terrain types so when it snows in July. ?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch is also listed as Mud-terrain and I thought I read 1000x on here its Multi-Terrain. Hopefully its just an error.

On another note, what are the BD coming with standard for tires?
I believe the tires are General Grabber ATX
Sponsored