Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, not trying to stir up trouble, and I expect the rails will be on the Black Diamond due to the literature.

Fun fact, I emailed my B&P PDFs to me dealer before I went in so he'd be ready. Turns out their submitting tool is nothing like the B&P. And nothing like what was done with other vehicles. My salesman has been selling Fords for 25 years so I trust him, and just took a bit of sitting for us to get it all figured out.

The fun fact is that the build code it based on the trim level + package level. So a Black Diamond is a different build code than a Black Diamond with the Mid package level. I almost missed it and we almost sent the build over without the mid package. I was just triple checking it and didn't see it.

So unlike everything else, the 2.7, Sasquatch, so on. You do NOT add the Mid package as an add on, and there is no option to do so. You have to set it as the core build level. Sadly I don't remember what the code was, both were 300 something.
Sponsored

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just because there is an option to add a thing on build and price, doesn't mean it's not standard. We all know at this point that B&P is kinda funky. If you look at the rendered image of a BD, it already has the rails before you add them. Whereas other trims that don't come standard with rails do not. Rest easy y'all, they will be standard.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just because there is an option to add a thing on build and price, doesn't mean it's not standard. We all know at this point that B&P is kinda funky. If you look at the rendered image of a BD, it already has the rails before you add them. Whereas other trims that don't come standard with rails do not. Rest easy y'all, they will be standard.
Ehhh...95% of the Broncos that will be on the road will just be soccer mom pavement crawlers anyways so rock rails are a pointless item.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think I've heard every OJ joke since telling everyone I'm going with white. Might even get the tag...mst-aqit....must acquit ?
Every ones gonna think you’re a defense attorney, but it’s very funny.

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Build:

2 Door BD
Velocity Blue
2.7 Automatic
Standard Pkg
Brush Guard
Tow group
Floor liners
17” Steelies

I ordered (this past week) my Black Diamond & I’m very excited! Only thing I really wanted from the BL other than the front disconnect is the BL grille/signature head lights but figured the aftermarket will be booming with front end options like the wrangler and F150 market so I can either wait and see what people design for the Bronco or buy a used BL grill down the line? I’m not loving the tires on the steelies but that’s a fairly easy fix and can get some $$ back for the take off rubber is it’s not worn.

My determining factor was largely the utility and purpose built items in the BD for the price. Also the seats having blue accent stitching was a big reason why I ordered a BD, I’m a bit particular in my interior and the fact that the seats/grab handles have a bit of blue helped as I knew I wanted velocity blue paint. I like the way the black on velocity blue colour combo looks on F150s in town. And although the pictures show did have me nervous about the MIC top I’m sure with the right “vinyl top” or “conditioner” treatment I’ll look more black than faded grey.

08AD5ED5-4A50-42DA-9B12-D69510979366.png

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think you 'white bronco' guys WAY overestimate the average Joe's historical frame of reference. Its 2021. You might as well be referencing Judge Crater, D.B. Cooper, or Jimmy Hoffa.

Have you never seen the man-on-the-street interviews where half the people stopped don't know who is president, and the other half don't know what day of the week it is???

Syphon

Black Diamond
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone have some recommendations for some 33s for a BD?

The 32s just look a touch on the small size, but I dont want to jump all the way up to a squach
285/70R17 Nitro Ridge grappler! I'm definitely getting a set for my BD! I was a big fan of the Bridgestone Revo 2 but BS stopped making them.

KKOSH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS, GT500, EXPEDITION, EXPLORER, EDGE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My build:

2dr
Oxford White
2.3 Auto
Steelies
Mid Pkg
Floor Liners

Plan on upgrading to 33's before it leaves the lot!

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A back up suggestion: “1 glove”

Also a play on words shout out to Bob Marley.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Build:

2 Door BD
Velocity Blue
2.7 Automatic
Standard Pkg
Brush Guard
Tow group
Floor liners
17” Steelies

I ordered (this past week) my Black Diamond & I’m very excited! Only thing I really wanted from the BL other than the front disconnect is the BL grille/signature head lights but figured the aftermarket will be booming with front end options like the wrangler and F150 market so I can either wait and see what people design for the Bronco or buy a used BL grill down the line? I’m not loving the tires on the steelies but that’s a fairly easy fix and can get some $$ back for the take off rubber is it’s not worn.

My determining factor was largely the utility and purpose built items in the BD for the price. Also the seats having blue accent stitching was a big reason why I ordered a BD, I’m a bit particular in my interior and the fact that the seats/grab handles have a bit of blue helped as I knew I wanted velocity blue paint. I like the way the black on velocity blue colour combo looks on F150s in town. And although the pictures show did have me nervous about the MIC top I’m sure with the right “vinyl top” or “conditioner” treatment I’ll look more black than faded grey.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 08AD5ED5-4A50-42DA-9B12-D69510979366
I hope to order this coming week. Same exact specs as you but adding Mid Package and not adding the brush guard and floor liners. I'm going to wait until Weathertech comes out with their version. As for the wheels, I am going with the Steelies for now but on the DIO list there is something called Ranger Bronco Channel Wheels-Kit of 5 for $1299. My dealer doesn't have any details on what those are about. I think with Squatch being a constrained commodity a ton of Badlands takeoffs will be available.

Sponsored

bjellefs

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang, 2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hamms is where it’s at. Delicious nectar from the Gods. “Made in the land of the sky blue waters” (yeah, you just sang the jingle in your head). Lol
I will definitely be hauling a case of hamms into the deep woods of Michigan’s upper peninsula. Hamms is the top of the bottom for cheap beers.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will definitely be hauling a case of hamms into the deep woods of Michigan’s upper peninsula. Hamms is the top of the bottom for cheap beers.
Beer Taste Test Top 30

Chicago Craft Brewer's Top Choice

So, check these out for all the beer lovers on the forum. Chicago Craft brewers did a blind taste test in 2017 in the second link. The first link is a more recent taste test that references the Chicago Craft Brewer's taste test. Enjoy.

Last edited:

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hamm's is one of the beers I sell in South Carolina. Definitely has a cult following here. Only carry it in 16 ounce six pack cans. I work for a distributor. And I never call it cheap, I use words like value, budget and popular priced!

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dig the way the BD looks. It’s simple, doesn’t need all the “flash” and “finesse”. It’s built to be utilitarian. Function over flash. That’s my gig all day and twice on Sunday. BD is built for the blue collar guys that are actually going to use them appropriately. It’s the Marlboro & Bud Light of Broncos ?
Beer will take up too much room in my 2-door. Gotta stick to hard stuff for space efficiency. ?

But absolutely agree about the Black Diamond as the most utilitarian. Ford obviously got input from campers, and hunters, and fishermen on this one. BD has everything you need to navigate BLM and Forest Service roads without all the extra flashy "Rubicon" stuff.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome! I’m still sitting here building out BD and BL and even BB builds just to see if I missed something. One thing interesting I never noticed is that you can get the BB with signature headlights.... wish BD had that option.
That is actually what is keeping me AWAY from anything above BD. I prefer the standard headlights.
Sponsored