Black Diamond vs Badlands with Winch Set Up vs Packaging

Homebrew_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ford F250 | 2004 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As normally I am late to the game so as I wait to for the orders to be able to open back up I have been trying to figure out what it is that I really want.

I have pretty much settled on the Black Diamond with the Mid package. Adding the Ford/ Warn Winch and being happy with my build. While playing around I entertained the idea that I might want to look at the Badlands set up the same way but with the High package,

After reading the winch info on the Ford site it looks like the Black Diamond set up may be a decent set up with stuff that you loose from using. But after looking at everything one more time It does appear the Badlands in that package would loose anything? Am I missing something here?

I do like the looks of the hidden winch setups, but I don't really like the idea of cutting items off the frame. Is there another set up that I haven't seen on here?

I have been scoping out the site for a few months just reading as much as I can as time permeants so I may of missed something.

I do like the idea of having everything factory installed/ set up by the dealer and etc. I do think that I am a little less likely to want to install a bumper and winch later down the road, even though I am in the industry and work at a shop and own tools...
Sponsored

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford won’t install the Ford Performace winch on the Black Diamond because of headlight issues. I had the @JcrOffroad shelf put on the front of my BD with an Warn winch, and I don’t have any problems.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Badlands with Winch Set Up vs Packaging D0E8FB1C-8D9B-4E41-90AD-B978C1022647

Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Badlands with Winch Set Up vs Packaging F86694D7-2CFC-4F22-AB2E-3D40B4A31482

OP
OP
Homebrew_One

Homebrew_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good looking Bronco!

Thanks for the heads up, I guess I missed that part of the note. Also I didn't realize that the models were so different that it wouldn't work with Black Diamond but will with pretty much any other model.

Is that winch the same as the one listed on the Ford Performance site?

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As normally I am late to the game so as I wait to for the orders to be able to open back up I have been trying to figure out what it is that I really want.

I have pretty much settled on the Black Diamond with the Mid package. Adding the Ford/ Warn Winch and being happy with my build. While playing around I entertained the idea that I might want to look at the Badlands set up the same way but with the High package,

After reading the winch info on the Ford site it looks like the Black Diamond set up may be a decent set up with stuff that you loose from using. But after looking at everything one more time It does appear the Badlands in that package would loose anything? Am I missing something here?

I do like the looks of the hidden winch setups, but I don't really like the idea of cutting items off the frame. Is there another set up that I haven't seen on here?

I have been scoping out the site for a few months just reading as much as I can as time permeants so I may of missed something.

I do like the idea of having everything factory installed/ set up by the dealer and etc. I do think that I am a little less likely to want to install a bumper and winch later down the road, even though I am in the industry and work at a shop and own tools...
I went with a Chinese copy of the Ford winch mount and my previously purchased Warn Zeon. I drilled (2) 1-1/8" holes for the parking sensors, the ACC works with no issues and a camera relocation is immanent...
I just thought the look was hard to beat and wanted to keep my modular bumper.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Badlands with Winch Set Up vs Packaging bronco

Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can put the LED headlights on a black diamond...silly FMVSS item for a winch.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can put the LED headlights on a black diamond...silly FMVSS item for a winch.
Why would you put signature lights on the Black Diamond and destroy it’s perfect look? Signature lights are the ugliest thing about the new Bronco. Classic lights are beautiful.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good looking Bronco!

Thanks for the heads up, I guess I missed that part of the note. Also I didn't realize that the models were so different that it wouldn't work with Black Diamond but will with pretty much any other model.

Is that winch the same as the one listed on the Ford Performance site?
It’s the Warn ZEON 10-S WINCH - same as Ford

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with a Chinese copy of the Ford winch mount and my previously purchased Warn Zeon. I drilled (2) 1-1/8" holes for the parking sensors, the ACC works with no issues and a camera relocation is immanent...
I just thought the look was hard to beat and wanted to keep my modular bumper.
Don’t buy Chinese shit products. Your Bronco was made in MICHIGAN USA. There’s plenty of made in USA winch options like @JcrOffroad

OP
OP
Homebrew_One

Homebrew_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford won’t install the Ford Performace winch on the Black Diamond because of headlight issues. I had the @JcrOffroad shelf put on the front of my BD with an Warn winch, and I don’t have any problems.

After going back and looking at things you didn't loose any features correct? That is Fords Mod front bumper correct?

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you don’t mind a snorkel, the Everglades gets you the 12inch screen, signature headlights, Sasquatch, best interior (IMO), AND the Ford winch. However, there’s no 2.7 available, so .. .

OP
OP
Homebrew_One

Homebrew_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you don’t mind a snorkel, the Everglades gets you the 12inch screen, signature headlights, Sasquatch, best interior (IMO), AND the Ford winch. However, there’s no 2.7 available, so .. .
I thought about it, but the 2.7 was kind of the hang up on that one for me.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why would you put signature lights on the Black Diamond and destroy it’s perfect look? Signature lights are the ugliest thing about the new Bronco. Classic lights are beautiful.
So you post a caveat, I mention you can get around the caveat, then you get all crazy about OG looks.

I swapped them. It's a personal thing. I got a set for sale if you think they are so great, then you will be super cool and opinionated, making you a double threat to society all for the low price of $500.
Sponsored