Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s like hot sauce, you can put that scheisse on everything.
💯I did the vent surrounds 10+ years ago and it's still holding strong.

Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem 06c4b26879eaf769779a1d50f643ad0b
Sponsored

bumyoon

Heritage
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage Edition 4-dr manual.
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I knew I wanted a black Bronco emblem the minute I saw one in a photo, but the Badlands trim comes with chrome. It was just about the only chrome on the whole vehicle (short of within the Ford emblem) and I wasn't a fan.

Watched a few YouTube videos and learned it's super easy and low-risk as it just peels off if you don't like it. I'm pretty thrilled with how it turned out, and I can attest to how easy it was. I have no experience doing anything like this before, so there is zero reason you can't Plasti Dip (or Hyper Dip, or any number of competitive products) your emblem in any color.

End Result:
Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem 06c4b26879eaf769779a1d50f643ad0b

One before, and a few from the process:

Looks great! I'll be doing the same thing with the Bronco emblem and the Ford emblem once I take delivery of my Bronco in late May or early June.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Never worked with plasti-dip before. Does this scratch off, if you try?

or could you peel it off the emblem much like you did from the paint, if you try?

edit:
what I’m thinking is this: can you plasti dip the area, peel off the emblem part, and now spray paint it for a more permanent coverage? Then peel off the plasti dip from the tailgate, which kept it free of the spray paint.

Last edited:

craq5

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did the same things but used hyper dip. Supposed to look more OEM than plastidip if that's what someone wants.

Sponsored

NDBronco

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read through all 8 pages to see if anyone posted this but as many of you, I have experience with plastidip.

First off: spray at least 3-4 thick coats, more is better. This makes it thick and easier to peel off in one piece. I usually did 5-8 coats.

Second: you can touch up plastidip without respraying the whole part. You can take a solvent, I used gasoline, and got a little on a rag and wiped the area around a chip with it. It eats away the dip, almost turns it liquid, and you can smooth out the area working further and further away from the missing dip. Once it is all smooth you can respray just that area. Takes a little work to make it perfect but can easily be done.

Third: This might be a great lower body side protector, temporary, if you use enough coats. It's not a long term solution but could work great for a weekend off road.

Last I will say that I dipped the body of a side by side I owned and when it got too dirty or faded I sprayed another couple coats on it and it was like new. The key is to peel it off after a year or two and you will never have issues with it. And no I don't use it for whole vehicles as it just doesn't hold up well but for small parts and temporary use this stuff is great.

OP
OP
bwomp91

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never worked with plasti-dip before. Does this scratch off, if you try?

or could you peel it off the emblem much like you did from the paint, if you try?

edit:
what I’m thinking is this: can you plasti dip the area, peel off the emblem part, and now spray paint it for a more permanent coverage? Then peel off the plasti dip from the tailgate, which kept it free of the spray paint.
I could peel it off if I wanted to with some time and effort. With the different surfaces of the emblem it probably wouldn’t come off in one clean piece but I’m confident I could get it all off.

I would NOT have been comfortable doing what you said (leaving plastidip as protector on the paint, peeling it off the emblem, and using spray paint). I simply think there would still be paint getting under the emblem, and I’m not spray painting my Bronco.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I could peel it off if I wanted to with some time and effort. With the different surfaces of the emblem it probably wouldn’t come off in one clean piece but I’m confident I could get it all off.

I would NOT have been comfortable doing what you said (leaving plastidip as protector on the paint, peeling it off the emblem, and using spray paint). I simply think there would still be paint getting under the emblem, and I’m not spray painting my Bronco.
I’m not suggesting I would do this. Just curious if it would even work, in principle, since I’ve seen some folks suggest plasti-dip may “wear” after a while.

OP
OP
bwomp91

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not suggesting I would do this. Just curious if it would even work, in principle, since I’ve seen some folks suggest plasti-dip may “wear” after a while.
Just posted a photo from today after 6+ months of wear and weather. Still looks like I applied it yesterday. Honestly if it looks rough in another 6 months I would just peel off and repeat exactly what I did before I ever ventured into the realm of spray paint haha

Sponsored

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@bwomp91 @Clearwater native

How is the plasti-dip holding up over time? Any issues with UV damage or weather wear?
Looks perfect still, I plastic dipped our genesis wheels 2 years ago and washed many time and had tire changed and still holding up, it’s all in the prep. Work!

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well if over time it gets scratched or you want to just redo it for whatever reason, just peel it off and dip it again :)

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s on my list to either take the horse completely off as it looks odd how high it is placed. Buy the black version and put it lower. Or plasti dip like you did. Nice job 👍

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s on my list to either take the horse completely off as it looks odd how high it is placed. Buy the black version and put it lower. Or plasti dip like you did. Nice job 👍
I bought the factory black one. I did the plasti dip on my chrome one but preferred the gloss black look.

Buck₩ild

Black Diamond
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willys, Bronco BD, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice.
I kind of went the other way... Kept the chrome emblem but put on matte black hinge covers from StickerFab.
The chrome really pops now 😁
Sponsored