Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-250,2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well with the cold weather around the corner figured I better find the plug on my 23 obx, needless to say someone needs give their head a shake. Has anyone rerouted or extended theirs to an actual useable location? Would be nice if my wife didn’t have to open and block the hood everyday at work, let alone not having the engine compartment opened up to blowing snow.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, I noticed that on my Badlands, didn't look to see if it has enough slack to make it out of the grill or bumper someplace.
I just assumed it did.
Now I have to go check... lol!

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my wife and i ordered block heaters… we live in south Louisiana but dont plan on dying here… ill follow this thread. I have an extension cable in my amazon cart…. Waiting till i need it

OP
OP

Fridge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-250,2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

my wife and i ordered block heaters… we live in south Louisiana but dont plan on dying here… ill follow this thread. I have an extension cable in my amazon cart…. Waiting till i need it
Looks like the 24’s have a plug with a rubber cover mounted down by the tow hooks like most every other ford truck.

Bluovlfan

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is enough slack to undo some of the cable stays and run it behind the bumper. Did that on mine for bit. The plug cover doesn't do that great for keeping it watertight though.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the 2.7 engine, I removed 4 or 5 clips and then rerouted it to the front tow hook.

OP
OP

Fridge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-250,2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the 2.7 engine, I removed 4 or 5 clips and then rerouted it to the front tow hook.
Was just looking at it again probably be my project next weekend between my kids football games.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like the 24’s have a plug with a rubber cover mounted down by the tow hooks like most every other ford truck.
Pic? I’d like to see that.

I’m planning on connecting it to one of the two plugs on my Noco (other one is a battery tender). I mounted it in my RC hidden winch skid.

Ford Bronco Block heater plug, terrible location IMG_5136

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was just looking at it again probably be my project next weekend between my kids football games.
The second clip (?) (white one), you pinch in with two fingers and it comes out (kinda tough to get a hold of), the rest are simple.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What are y’all’s oil/coolant temps in the morning after running your heater for a few hours?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Fridge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-250,2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What are y’all’s oil/coolant temps in the morning after running your heater for a few hours?
Forgot to check right first thing when I fired up but after about 2 minutes of driving my oil temp was up to 40 celcius. Air temp was -38 with -49 wind chill outside. I park in an unheated and unisulated garage and plug it in.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forgot to check right first thing when I fired up but after about 2 minutes of driving my oil temp was up to 40 celcius. Air temp was -38 with -49 wind chill outside. I park in an unheated and unisulated garage and plug it in.
Thanks for the info. I’m thinking the smart plugs I was using couldn’t handle the draw? I just picked up a more heavy duty timer from Home Depot. Giving that a try tonight as I’m headed up to the mountains to take our son snowboarding tomorrow and temps are dropping.

I’ll report back.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Something is up. 18°F ambient. Plugged in for 2 hours and my oil temp is only 30°F and zero blocks on the water temp gauge (I should plug in my Procal to check actual temp).

Dealer is claiming they’re registering 140°F with an infrared thermometer.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealer routed my plug up under the hood on the right side of the air intake (2.3L). Never checked about routing it down below out the front. Have to open the hood every time to use it. It helps remind me to unplug before driving off in the morning.

Here in MN it's been about 5-12 degrees F in the AM. My block heater is on a timer that turns on at 6am, I leave at about 7am and the oil temp is in the 30's. When I open the hood to unplug I can feel the warmth coming from the engine. Unheated detached garage, though is well insulated. I start it and let it warm up for about a couple minutes. Takes a few miles for the 4 water temp bars to light up. Oil temp is about 50-60 at that time.

Best $100 factory add-on in my opinion.
Sponsored