Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gotcha.

Do you guys see a lot of door alignments, too?

Need to have that looked at when I get her in. Rear passenger doesn't like to close consistently w/o some force.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This has been an issue from the start of production I believe. I’ve posted about this issue in the past as have others.

We took delivery October 2021. And once I got home my tire and wheel guy identified it. Axl grease everywhere. Local dealer said b/c I had spacer lift and wheels and tires I was SOL. Total joke. I found boot replacement part and took care of on my own.

It’s happening during assembly and going on two years now. Boots getting pinched in production. I included the Ford bot that trolls here but obviously nobody gives a shit. There are many that have had exact same issue.

Quality job #1…right.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotcha.

Do you guys see a lot of door alignments, too?

Need to have that looked at when I get her in. Rear passenger doesn't like to close consistently w/o some force.
Some seem to be tighter than others. Door gap and alignment look good but I guess the door seal is just a little firmer than others. If your alignment is off, getting that addressed first could help. I use my driver front and rear doors more than the other two which close with what I would call the correct amount of force. The other two take more force which makes me think it's just spring back built into the seal and will loosen up with more use.

The other thing to look for is if the lower corner of those doors are hitting the rocker door opening. If they are, you'll see a spot where the paint may be worn off which could be contributing to them closing hard.

RustyGString

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any updates for you? My whole assembly has to be changed which is on backorder. Waiting to hear back from Ford on how long of a wait that actually is.
Damn, I just checked the boots on my ‘23 Badlands 2dr and found my drive shaft cv boot broke. Taking it in tomorrow morning. ~2700mi in and haven’t even taken it off road yet… bummer

35340BDF-B85F-432D-A546-6E49171BA016.jpeg

3E6C39DC-6F32-450E-B22C-9D56FD6D8490.jpeg

Sponsored

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn, I just checked the boots on my ‘23 Badlands 2dr and found my drive shaft cv boot broke. Taking it in tomorrow morning. ~2700mi in and haven’t even taken it off road yet… bummer

Ford Bronco Blown CV boot from the factory?? 3E6C39DC-6F32-450E-B22C-9D56FD6D8490

Ford Bronco Blown CV boot from the factory?? 3E6C39DC-6F32-450E-B22C-9D56FD6D8490
Ugh. I have told everyone in my build week to take a peek at theirs and make sure no issues. We just got lucky putting on mudflaps and finding it so quickly. My dealer was able to hunt down an axle from another dealer, so hoping to have it completely repaired next week vs who knows how long waiting. Dealer said the axles were on backorder from Ford.
Hope you get answers quick.

OP
OP
Bronco_Buckeroo

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dang! Where are they getting and/or what are they doing to these dang CV boots!?

We're such a small subset of owners, so I bet there are a lot of Bronco drivers out there that probably pay MUCH less attention to their undercarriages than us.

Hopefully, the grindy/ringy/poppy noises get them to bring their rigs in before catastrophic failures occur. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Bronco_Buckeroo

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ugh. I have told everyone in my build week to take a peek at theirs and make sure no issues. We just got lucky putting on mudflaps and finding it so quickly. My dealer was able to hunt down an axle from another dealer, so hoping to have it completely repaired next week vs who knows how long waiting. Dealer said the axles were on backorder from Ford.
Next week is great news!

I won't even have it in to be looked at before then, lol.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I replaced my own. 3 hour back yard fix. Easier for me to take3 hrs on a saturday than to deal withthe dealer lying to me for a month. Part was not on back order. This was about 2 months ago. Had plenty in stock. Either way,you wont hurt it anymore than it is. It may make noise but thats obvious as to why. Dry….

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dang! Where are they getting and/or what are they doing to these dang CV boots!?

We're such a small subset of owners, so I bet there are a lot of Bronco drivers out there that probably pay MUCH less attention to their undercarriages than us.

Hopefully, the grindy/ringy/poppy noises get them to bring their rigs in before catastrophic failures occur. 🤷‍♂️
its not going to be a catastrophic failure. Its a boot thatholds grease that is leaking. It will take quite a long time and by then the noise will be deafening in your seat. Its also not damaging anything else. Its pretty simple. People drive for months with this problem.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other thing to look for is if the lower corner of those doors are hitting the rocker door opening. If they are, you'll see a spot where the paint may be worn off which could be contributing to them closing hard.
Exactly what mine is/was doing.

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I replaced my own. 3 hour back yard fix. Easier for me to take3 hrs on a saturday than to deal withthe dealer lying to me for a month. Part was not on back order. This was about 2 months ago. Had plenty in stock. Either way,you wont hurt it anymore than it is. It may make noise but thats obvious as to why. Dry….
I am just going based off on what my dealer told me. They said quickest way to get it done was getting the part from another dealer. I can deal for a short while. I work from home, so not driving it everyday. And actually they ( the new to me dealer) have been great considering I actually ordered it from another dealer over 2 years ago before moving about 500 miles away.

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Next week is great news!

I won't even have it in to be looked at before then, lol.
Right! I was pleasantly surprised. Especially since this is not the dealer I purchased from. Glad to know I moved to a town with a dealer not giving me heck. I have seen so many threads where people are having dealer issues with warranty.

OP
OP
Bronco_Buckeroo

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, definitely familiar with CV axle replacement. And I have access to a garage with a lift to make life easier. Just not too keen on coming out of pocket $300+ for the part and putting in the work on an obvious warranty issue. And, I'd rather have the work covered.

Looks like RH axles are backordered, but LH are in-stock. Hopefully, that remains to be the case when I finally get my ride in the shop.
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/t...ngine-parts/front-axle-shaft-14756787-1?pdp=y

Speaking of the lift, I may throw my rig on there when I get the chance and give the whole undercarriage a good once over. Probably worth it to break and re-torque lugs to spec from what's been going around the forums.

OP
OP
Bronco_Buckeroo

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some seem to be tighter than others. Door gap and alignment look good but I guess the door seal is just a little firmer than others. If your alignment is off, getting that addressed first could help. I use my driver front and rear doors more than the other two which close with what I would call the correct amount of force. The other two take more force which makes me think it's just spring back built into the seal and will loosen up with more use.

Yeah, I think it's a gasket thing. Looked all around the jam for any kind of rubbing, but didn't find any. All gaps look good, and the striker seems to line up fine with the latch - no apparent rubbing there either. We'll see how it wears in as my dealership appointment approaches.

Thanks for the tips!
Sponsored