First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess it depends how they removed the CV. There's certainly no need to remove the lower control arm to do a CV.
Just knock the upper ball joint loose from the knuckle and swing the whole knuckle down. No alignment necessary 🤷‍♂️

Either way, if they performed an alignment like they claimed to, they messed something up.
I have done it this way as well. 10 years from now in the area @Ducati1098 and I live in we WILL NOT be able to remove the LCA bolts from the frame...just a fact of life here, so gotta figure out how to do it sooner or later! Helps if you pull the caliper off so you aren't fighting the brake hose, and I cant remember if I took the nuts off the coilover (I think I had them out). Helps having an assistant pry down on the LCA a little, but I can usually get them by sticking the prybar in my armpit and leaning on it
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have done it this way as well. 10 years from now in the area @Ducati1098 and I live in we WILL NOT be able to remove the LCA bolts from the frame...just a fact of life here, so gotta figure out how to do it sooner or later! Helps if you pull the caliper off so you aren't fighting the brake hose, and I cant remember if I took the nuts off the coilover (I think I had them out). Helps having an assistant pry down on the LCA a little, but I can usually get them by sticking the prybar in my armpit and leaning on it
Yes, I did forget to mention remove the lower nuts so it would come down enough. 👍

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, best method for removing and replacing axle shaft at home? I’ll be doing this soon. Manual says to disconnect the knuckle.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, best method for removing and replacing axle shaft at home? I’ll be doing this soon. Manual says to disconnect the knuckle.
Easier way at home with no lift is probably to remove the lower control arm bolts, but then you'll need an alignment.

I just do it differently because I do this for a living. So I have access to a lift and all the tools I could possibly need so it's much faster for me.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Easier way at home with no lift is probably to remove the lower control arm bolts, but then you'll need an alignment.

I just do it differently because I do this for a living. So I have access to a lift and all the tools I could possibly need so it's much faster for me.
Thanks. This will be the fourth or fifth alignment since I bought it. My dealership probably thinks I have a problem.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Ducati1098 you got any proof?

Mine
Ford Bronco Broken CV boots 1689270360202

@Rob_Bronc91 we did his drivers side
Ford Bronco Broken CV boots 1689270360202
I don't have one apart at the moment to show you how it's done. But I suppose @Bmadda also agreeing and saying he has done it should be proof enough 🤷‍♂️
Either way I'm not too worry about what you believe. Keep doing it your own way.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Be glad you found the issue; mine rattles on acceleration, vibrates at Highway speeds and I can’t find what’s wrong for the life of me
Looks like you got a bad boot install.
CV joint might be bad. A split boot won't make the noise looking like that.
I'd demand a new axle shaft.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rob_Bronc91

Outer Banks
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve got a new ‘23 2dr badlands that recently started making an intermittent buzzing/cricket noise when under light acceleration, only when moving. Specially notable when going ~20-50mph. I’ve been trying to check everything on my bronco and just found my drive shaft cv broken. Was going to get my first oil change this Saturday at a local dealer but I’m taking her in tomorrow morning. ~2700mi, mostly Highway/town cruising. Y’all think the drive shaft will need replacing? It seems to me Ford is just replacing the whole assembly?

AA4D67EE-C4B7-4C98-A7D4-76271C157666.jpeg

A4FD2CD1-DBAA-4219-9FEF-F37D4E714874.jpeg

Edit: Not saying the buzzing/cricket sound is because of the blown boot. But if it does resolve it I will update. Seems like others here have the same noise.
@RustyGString
Can you update me on this? I have a torn boot there as well.. no noises though

BisSilent

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands