First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got a new ‘23 2dr badlands that recently started making an intermittent buzzing/cricket noise when under light acceleration, only when moving. Specially notable when going ~20-50mph. I’ve been trying to check everything on my bronco and just found my drive shaft cv broken. Was going to get my first oil change this Saturday at a local dealer but I’m taking her in tomorrow morning. ~2700mi, mostly Highway/town cruising. Y’all think the drive shaft will need replacing? It seems to me Ford is just replacing the whole assembly?

Ford Bronco Broken CV boots AA4D67EE-C4B7-4C98-A7D4-76271C157666

Ford Bronco Broken CV boots A4FD2CD1-DBAA-4219-9FEF-F37D4E714874

Edit: Not saying the buzzing/cricket sound is because of the blown boot. But if it does resolve it I will update. Seems like others here have the same noise.
Sponsored

Last edited:

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Be glad you found the issue; mine rattles on acceleration, vibrates at Highway speeds and I can’t find what’s wrong for the life of me

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve got a new ‘23 2dr badlands that recently started making an intermittent buzzing/cricket noise when under light acceleration, only when moving. Specially notable when going ~20-50mph. I’ve been trying to check everything on my bronco and just found my drive shaft cv broken. Was going to get my first oil change this Saturday at a local dealer but I’m taking her in tomorrow morning. ~2700mi, mostly Highway/town cruising. Y’all think the drive shaft will need replacing? It seems to me Ford is just replacing the whole assembly?

Edit: Not saying the buzzing/cricket sound is because of the blown boot. But if it does resolve it I will update. Seems like others here have the same noise.
Hello, Gabe! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The blown boot is most likely the root cause of your problem...lubrication is spraying out and pretty good chance dirt/water is getting in. The whole thing should be replaced.

sylvester36

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any chance this issue would cause extreme wear to the inside of the front tires? We had our boot and drive shaft replaced in Oct 22 and they did a front end alignment. Now my drivers side front tire is almost bald on the inside

Image.jpeg

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any chance this issue would cause extreme wear to the inside of the front tires? We had our boot and drive shaft replaced in Oct 22 and they did a front end alignment. Now my drivers side front tire is almost bald on the inside

Ford Bronco Broken CV boots Ima
No. Replacing the driveshaft or a front CV halfshaft wouldn't affect alignment.
The alignment they performed certainly could have affected it though. Maybe they didn't adjust it correctly.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Broken CV boots Ima
You have to pull the lower control arm bolts to do a front CV axle. Dealer should replace the tire since they didn't do a proper alignment after a job that requires an alignment.

No. Replacing the driveshaft or a front CV halfshaft wouldn't affect alignment.
The alignment they performed certainly could have affected it though. Maybe they didn't adjust it correctly.
Maybe on a different vehicle...

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You have to pull the lower control arm bolts to do a front CV axle. Dealer should replace the tire since they didn't do a proper alignment after a job that requires an alignment.
I guess it depends how they removed the CV. There's certainly no need to remove the lower control arm to do a CV.
Just knock the upper ball joint loose from the knuckle and swing the whole knuckle down. No alignment necessary 🤷‍♂️

Either way, if they performed an alignment like they claimed to, they messed something up.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess it depends how they removed the CV. There's certainly no need to remove the lower control arm to do a CV.
Just knock the upper ball joint loose from the knuckle and swing the whole knuckle down. No alignment necessary 🤷‍♂️

Either way, if they performed an alignment like they claimed to, they messed something up.
Doesn't work, only way to change a cv is pull the lower a arm bolts at the frame. Done 2 now, let not argue with how when it can only be done one way if your installing cv (broken cv practically falls out on its own).

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Doesn't work, only way to change a cv is pull the lower a arm bolts at the frame. Done 2 now, let not argue with how when it can only be done one way if your installing cv (broken cv practically falls out on its own).
Your right. No need to argue when I’ve done far more than 2

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs