First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unfortunately no. So I'm sort of stuck dealing with this unless Ford discovers some sort of recall-type issue with the suspension or differential. I've read few here and there about surprise differential failures (even without modifications), but I don't know there's been enough occurrence to warrant a recall. The dealer already said since the lift is on there's nothing they can do warranty-wise.
That is certainly something that scares me with all the different options and lifts out there, etc…Does your lift come with a warranty if installed by a Ford or certified mechanic? Just curious…..I think the Ford Performance one does. I also think that the independent front suspension definitely complicates things.
Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unfortunately no. So I'm sort of stuck dealing with this unless Ford discovers some sort of recall-type issue with the suspension or differential. I've read few here and there about surprise differential failures (even without modifications), but I don't know there's been enough occurrence to warrant a recall. The dealer already said since the lift is on there's nothing they can do warranty-wise.
Maybe check out upgrading at this point if you are going to have to use your own money to fix it.

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, unfortunately money to upgrade wit the problem:ROFLMAO:Those upgraded axles are around $2K
Maybe check out upgrading at this point if you are going to have to use your own money to fix it.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, unfortunately money to upgrade wit the problem:ROFLMAO:Those upgraded axles are around $2K
How much is the quote to fix the issue that you have going on now? I would say if the price is within $500-$700, it would be worth it.

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How much is the quote to fix the issue that you have going on now? I would say if the price is within $500-$700, it would be worth it.
Well, there currently isn't one. I took it to the dealer initially who said it was the axle due to the lift, and wasn't covered. They recommended replacing the axle, but I didn't want to use them because I haven't had good luck with them in the past. I ordered the axle and had it replaced last month by a local shop specializing in lifts. But the noise persists. I haven't gotten much further with remedying it since then.

Sponsored

Zhang

Black Diamond
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If op can’t get over that gravel whole …that’s not lift kit problem at all. His axle is broken even before that

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will second this motion and I speak from experience. I over extended my axle when installing kings because I did not have the proper axle nut to release the axle from the hub. As I pushing down the knuckle to be able to clear the bottom shock studs, I extended the axle past its flex point and the end popped off. I thought I had reseated everything back in properly but that was not the case. A few hundred miles later I started getting clunking from that same axle and noticed the boot was also twisted. New axle and new axle nut socket and I was back in action. Super simple to replace.
3rd...

Me and my friend installed a 2.5 Eibach coil-over/shocks with Icon tube UCA. Well the knuckle dropped on us... (bummer) we thought it was held in with straps. Once the install was finished, I drove the bronco a bit. Attempted a turn and we also hear a clanking sound, I take a look and the exact same issue, the axel is popped completely. In all honesty, I was trying to learn with my bronco but honestly wished i would have just waited for warranty to expire or.. take it to a pro.. (oh well you live and learn)

I ordered the replacement axel with my dealer on Tuesday. 344 bucks not including labor... Word of advice to everyone doing any coil-over the CV AXEL is really sensitive! I honestly believe the m190 can handle it. I dont plan on doing heavy offroading. I am convinced the CV joint is popping out from bad initial installations. Does not matter if you have a puck, coilover, the most expensive stage 8 icon suspension. If that CV Axel is pushed beyond its limits it will come out!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

3rd...

Me and my friend installed a 2.5 Eibach coil-over/shocks with Icon tube UCA. Well the knuckle dropped on us... (bummer) we thought it was held in with straps. Once the install was finished, I drove the bronco a bit. Attempted a turn and we also hear a clanking sound, I take a look and the exact same issue, the axel is popped completely. In all honesty, I was trying to learn with my bronco but honestly wished i would have just waited for warranty to expire or.. take it to a pro.. (oh well you live and learn)

I ordered the replacement axel with my dealer on Tuesday. 344 bucks not including labor... Word of advice to everyone doing any coil-over the CV AXEL is really sensitive! I honestly believe the m190 can handle it. I dont plan on doing heavy offroading. I am convinced the CV joint is popping out from bad initial installations. Does not matter if you have a puck, coilover, the most expensive stage 8 icon suspension. If that CV Axel is pushed beyond its limits it will come out!
I’ve had my coilovers out 4 times now and my CVs are fine. The CVs aren’t that sensitive, but one does need to pay attention. For starters, don’t remove the axle shafts from the spindles. Seems like that how everyone has separated theirs installing lifts. Only remove the two inner bolts on the LCA. It’s easier and quicker.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve had my coilovers out 4 times now and my CVs are fine. The CVs aren’t that sensitive, but one does need to pay attention. For starters, don’t remove the axle shafts from the spindles. Seems like that how everyone has separated theirs installing lifts. Only remove the two inner bolts on the LCA. It’s easier and quicker.
That was the problem I installed it the complicated way. Should have just removed the LCA and pry the coil-over out.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That was the problem I installed it the complicated way. Should have just removed the LCA and pry the coil-over out.
Coilovers fall out easily. There is no prying. Even the Icons.

Sponsored

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Coilovers fall out easily. There is no prying. Even the Icons.
Hmm would like to see a video on how that’s done now. The LCA method

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmm would like to see a video on how that’s done now. The LCA method
There is a good video on it, I think by Stage 3 Motorsports. I’ll see if I can find it.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Found it.. WOW A million times easier smh ...
This is the one I was thinking of, but yeah, it’s pretty easy.
They’ve got a lot of great videos.

Bing

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did a 2” puck lift on my suspension. Added 34.5s tires on my 2022 Black Diamond. First off road excursion with it - busted RCV and axle. Ford did replace everything, no joke I was in deep mud/snow drift, sunk tire 6” and tried to back out. Oh, diff went as well. It was not technical or a big deal.

All was good for 4 weeks, until was at a light today and all electrical went out nearing an intersection. Had to get towed….again.

So pissed. I beat the crap out of my JK for years. Love the look and ride of the bronco but owned this for 3500 miles and lost/losing all confidence. Eff me….

Best-of-luck to you…not sure of my next steps, ugh.

C2DE77A7-36DB-4D00-BA64-C55257FEF204.jpeg

EBEC5453-4911-4BF0-BBE2-8EB2817C5532.jpeg
Sponsored