Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As much as I want to like this, the gap is too much for me. Thank you guys for putting in the effort and creating an option for our community to consider.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a cool video showing some of the R&D process. (keep in mind the earlier prototypes shown in this video are further from the a-pillar than our final design)

- John

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you already have a Mishimoto intake, we designed the airbox to accommodate the snorkel connection. Seamless! This also shows the included plug for the front inlet portion (which attaches to the front grille area).

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D P1750542.JPG

- John

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of you looking for a comprehensive kit including both the Borne-Off Road Snorkel AND Mishimoto 2.3L or 2.7L intake, both pages are now live for pre-sale! This seamless kit means no drilling a hole in the stock airbox. We designed the intake and snorkel at the same time to ensure they connected flawlessly (see picture above in Post #35).

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D MMB-BR23-21_1
*oiled filter option shown above. You can choose the oiled or dry-washable filter using the Option dropdown!

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D MMB-BR27-21DW_1
*dry-washable filter option shown above. You can choose the oiled or dry-washable filter using the Option dropdown!

When will my order ship?
We are targeting a 4/20/2023 ship date.

How long will the pre-sale pricing last?
Pre-sale pricing will last until the first units ship around 4/20/2023 (I'll give everyone a heads up before the pre-sale pricing is closed out).

What if I get an automated email about my product being on backorder?
Yes, this is a systems limitation on our side and you might receive more than one backorder email. Sorry it's such a pain, but remember you are ordering a product before we have 100% of the items ready to be shipped.

Let me know if you have any questions!

- John

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Will this fit using ADV fiberglass fenders?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will this fit using ADV fiberglass fenders?
Hey @Tex - great question! We have not personally test fit on a Bronco running ADV fiberglass fenders, so I cannot say for sure (at this moment in time). I checked the ADV images and as long as the flare does not start flaring before where it does on the OEM fender, I believe you should be good. It appears their design utilizes that same 'groove' which runs down the side of the Bronco, so as long as there is a reasonable distance from that groove to the start of the flare, you will likely be ok.

I hope this image illustrates what I mean. Excuse my amateur paint skills:
Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D 1681327703026

- John

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @Tex - great question! We have not personally test fit on a Bronco running ADV fiberglass fenders, so I cannot say for sure (at this moment in time). I checked the ADV images and as long as the flare does not start flaring before where it does on the OEM fender, I believe you should be good. It appears their design utilizes that same 'groove' which runs down the side of the Bronco, so as long as there is a reasonable distance from that groove to the start of the flare, you will likely be ok.

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D 1681327703026

- John
I don't think the snorkel will work with the ADV fenders. I think their flare starts up much higher than the stock fender.

-b88f-4d67-8339-191d6d6af01e_2000x2000_crop_center.jpg

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

- John
Thanks for the info! I have another question...what kind of plastic is the snorkel made of? Is it able to be re-shaped with a little heat?

Just going off what I can see in pics, if there's a clearance discrepancy, it doesn't appear to be a huge one. The larger flares (+5) might be a different story though. I bet I could take a heat gun and do a little form fitting to the snorkel if necessary. To me, cutting a hole in aftermarket fiberglass and modifying the snorkel is more preferable to cutting a hole in my OEM fenders. I'd rather have my originals sitting in the garage unmodified and use aftermarket fenders to cut up and bash if that makes sense. Plus, a large hole in fiberglass is a lot easier to fill in than aluminum if I change my mind years later.

I don't think the snorkel will work with the ADV fenders. I think their flare starts up much higher than the stock fender.
I tried to get a good angle with two identical shots, and this is the closest I could come up with:

39b16909c9758884176afe0137f24713.jpg?v=0.1.jpg

creenShot2021-11-07at1.04.09PM_800x800_crop_center.png

It's really deceiving, almost like an optical illusion, because it seems to me that the actual flared portion starts lower with the ADV. The OEM starts higher but the transition is so gradual that it's almost flat and you can't really see it unless you're at the right angle. The ADV has a sharper transition and ends up being further out a little higher up than the OEM, if that makes sense. How that affects clearance I couldn't really say, but I doubt the snorkel would need much to clear it, like maybe .5" of reforming the bottom of the snorkel at most? I wonder if some of that clearance could be made up just in the joints and mounting points :unsure:

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info! I have another question...what kind of plastic is the snorkel made of? Is it able to be re-shaped with a little heat?

Just going off what I can see in pics, if there's a clearance discrepancy, it doesn't appear to be a huge one. The larger flares (+5) might be a different story though. I bet I could take a heat gun and do a little form fitting to the snorkel if necessary. To me, cutting a hole in aftermarket fiberglass and modifying the snorkel is more preferable to cutting a hole in my OEM fenders. I'd rather have my originals sitting in the garage unmodified and use aftermarket fenders to cut up and bash if that makes sense. Plus, a large hole in fiberglass is a lot easier to fill in than aluminum if I change my mind years later.

I tried to get a good angle with two identical shots, and this is the closest I could come up with:

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D creenShot2021-11-07at1.04.09PM_800x800_crop_center

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D creenShot2021-11-07at1.04.09PM_800x800_crop_center

It's really deceiving, almost like an optical illusion, because it seems to me that the actual flared portion starts lower with the ADV. The OEM starts higher but the transition is so gradual that it's almost flat and you can't really see it unless you're at the right angle. The ADV has a sharper transition and ends up being further out a little higher up than the OEM, if that makes sense. How that affects clearance I couldn't really say, but I doubt the snorkel would need much to clear it, like maybe .5" of reforming the bottom of the snorkel at most? I wonder if some of that clearance could be made up just in the joints and mounting points :unsure:
I you really have to have the snorkel you can just order one and see if if fits or not.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let’s be honest, how many people are going to submerge their $50k+ rig that deep in water.
Keep in mind that some people like the higher intake to keep dust out of the intake.

As far as the water the forging depth per Ford is something like 33in or so. But that means your intake is only a couple inches higher than that. A wake or splash and you have a wet intake.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @Tex - our snorkels and intakes are manufactured from UV-resistant cross-linked polyethylene. We would not recommend using heat to re-shape the snorkel. You could trim it down with a sharp knife, being careful to not puncture through to the inside.

Hope this helps!
- John

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey @Tex - our snorkels and intakes are manufactured from UV-resistant cross-linked polyethylene. We would not recommend using heat to re-shape the snorkel. You could trim it down with a sharp knife, being careful to not puncture through to the inside.

Hope this helps!
- John
Ah, no sense in trying to heat a thermoset polymer, that never ends well. I suppose if I'm cutting a hole for the snorkel, modifying a fiberglass flare to fit the snorkel if necessary would be the better option. Thanks for the info, John 👍
Sponsored