First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those who aren't in "the know" social media (twitter, ig, tiktok etc.) someone asked Mike Levine "Can I purchase a hardtop in the future after ordering my 4-door bronco with a soft top." his reply, "No, bronco models with soft tops are not equipped with the necessary connections to support the rear windshield wiper assembly."

I wanted to make people aware if they were not already, important to note, he said the wiper assembly one could assume this is the motor and the electronics/wiring. So essentially you could still do it but you wont have a rear wiper.

Also another note... what a terrible design flaw imo. wranglers at least are wired and have that little compartment that holds the wiring for the rear windshield if and when someone wants to get a hardtop.
It’s a drag for sure but still doesn’t make it worth it to me to pay for a hardtop I don’t like. I’d rather hold out for a white top or some other one I like better and take my chances.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You never knew anyone with a soft top only on a Jeep? Lot’s and lot’s of Jeep’s have been sold for decades with just soft tops, and I would imagine not many regret not having rear defrost or a rear wiper. That said, I would like hookups, as it would be better to have a working rear wiper and defrost if I get a hard top, but not necessary, imho. Jeep sells OEM kit to add the hookups and switch panel on dash for less than $200, and there are after market kits. No reason to think Bronco won’t have them soon enough.
Yeah, me for one. A soft top isn’t bad in the winter...except when it snows and ices and the roads are covered in salt. Then it sucks. That’s why I want both tops. That’s why I want a defroster and a wiper for winters and need the hook ups. Try clearing the plastic windows on a soft top from ice and salt on a soft top without scratching them....

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, me for one. A soft top isn’t bad in the winter...except when it snows and ices and the roads are covered in salt. Then it sucks. That’s why I want both tops. That’s why I want a defroster and a wiper for winters and need the hook ups. Try clearing the plastic windows on a soft top from ice and salt on a soft top without scratching them....
True...I posted earlier here or in a recent soft top thread that I do not wipe or scrape snow off the soft top windows for that same reason.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rear wiper on the bronco looks like it would clean just enough of the window for you to be able to see your spare tire really well.

Doesn't seem very useful.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s rear defrost we’re talking about.... you’d still have front defrost.

My point is that people thinking that adding the hookups after the fact isn’t just running the new harness and plumbing behind the trim from the front of the vehicle all the way to the rear...

...it’s also changing out center HVAC controls and the turn stalk on the steering column for the wiper controls.

And then potentially a computer reflash.
It would seem there would be a way to use the Aux switches to get a defroster to work.
I personally am going soft top only and have no intention of buying a hard top. But it seems like something that could be done for the defrost later with a little know how.
But I could be wrong. I'm in no way a wiring expert.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do any big insurance companies consider the various jeep soft tops as "convertibles" with a higher rate? Or is that a dinosaur now.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fascinated that all manner of trucks and vans have no fear window! How do they do it? 🙄
I do this in my work van with no back window especially when my front wipers don’t work great either.

Ford Bronco Bought soft top wanna switch to hard later? ehh nope 1616852263235

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rear wipers and washers are over rated, if you can't drive without them, turn in your driver's license...
I never had one until I bought my Wrangler. On the off chance I remember it's there I'll hit the one wipe just to see if it still works. Other than that I think they are kind of useless. But, that may be just me.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
What? the wiper hookup and power is ran on the back right of the vehicle its tucked under. I guess i am the only one in the world that didnt know you could go hardtop (2022) to soft but cannot go soft to hard...
Beg your pardon? :ROFLMAO:

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
True...I posted earlier here or in a recent soft top thread that I do not wipe or scrape snow off the soft top windows for that same reason.
This is why I live in California, well one of the many reasons. I'm the eedjit that screwed up my order and put it through without the MIC. I've got my VIN so I cannot change it. Hoping I can add the electrics needed if/when I get a white top in future. Anyone else out there as stupid as me?

Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is why I live in California, well one of the many reasons. I'm the eedjit that screwed up my order and put it through without the MIC. I've got my VIN so I cannot change it. Hoping I can add the electrics needed if/when I get a white top in future. Anyone else out there as stupid as me?
You’re not stupid - Ford cheaped out here! But I went default soft top because I don’t care, and still anticipate a possible hard top someday depending on price and type.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You’re not stupid - Ford cheaped out here! But I went default soft top because I don’t care, and still anticipate a possible hard top someday depending on price and type.
Well at least you chose the soft top deliberately, unlike me. ha ha Seems to me like it was one big oversight on Ford's part, as they could have offered it as an option, but alas no. What is your build if you don't mind me asking? Mine's BD 4 door 2.3 auto CG mid

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well at least you chose the soft top deliberately, unlike me. ha ha Seems to me like it was one big oversight on Ford's part, as they could have offered it as an option, but alas no. What is your build if you don't mind me asking? Mine's BD 4 door 2.3 auto CG mid
IMO it’s not likely an oversight by Ford. I think it’s to maximize profitability per unit on a vehicle they have priced competitively in its inaugural year as a bold shot at Jeep.

4d base Sasquatch 2.7.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rear wipers and washers are over rated, if you can't drive without them, turn in your driver's license...
If I’m not mistaken, a more important item that requires wiring is a rear window defogger.....highly desired in the winter in colder climates. I have no clue if aftermarket hardtop lift gates are outfitted with that.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maureen, I'm not sure where you live in Cali, but you may not even need the wiring. I live in North Carolina, and only use the rear wiper on my Jeep when I want to see if it still works. And, in the 2 years I owned it I have never turned the rear window defrost on. So, you very well could be much smarter than you think. :)
Sponsored