First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello - I have a 21 badlands 2 door w Sasquatch. Over the last couple weeks I’ve noticed a lot of bouncing over frost heaves and speed bumps and a general floatiness in the suspension. I know short wheelbases are prone to stuff like this in general, but this is pretty dramatic at times and not something I’ve felt before. Has anyone else experienced this or have any thoughts on cause before I bring it in? Thank you for any advice or ideas.
Sponsored

Roadbronc

Big Bend
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Echo, 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like your shocks are blown out.

OP
OP

JonnyG99

Badlands
First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Double check that the external reservoirs are still attached to the shock body
It appears they are missing on both back shocks. Wtf? Thank you again
Sounds like your shocks are blown out.
I went underneath and both shock reservoirs fell off in back. Unbelievable

Sponsored

Tripper71

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had to replace my shocks at 36,700 miles. One was missing the reservoir, and the other was leaking. Neither covered by warranty (or extended warranty). The claim by the dealer is I hit something to knock the reservoir off, which I didn't. Even if I did, how would that have made both shocks blow out. I haven't even gotten her muddy yet!!! Totally babying this ride! So, I am curious if a recall will be coming to get a refund. Oh, the 800 representative told me I had to use OEM parts or other parts of the warranty would be void. SO, I am replacing with the same crappy and most likely defective shocks out...OUCH!

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The story I've heard is that 21/22 Broncos got a bad run of Bilstein shocks where the reservoirs fall off. I know it's been a reported issue on 6g before. I know this might sound odd, but upgrade to the Bilstein 6100s/6112s, which are a superior shock and good bang for the buck.

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Enough people have had their resi's fall off by now where someone should be able to collect the list of threads detailing it and use the numbers to help argue for a straight warranty replacement

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got these. So if they do fall off, they cant use the “it was hit” excuse. Although I am about to upgrade to fox 🦊.

A0E59083-D38B-4B09-B819-7690A08B69FA.jpeg

6E467931-A0F3-41A8-A577-B3304680F8CE.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP

JonnyG99

Badlands
First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dropped it at the dealer today. Was expecting to hear “you must have hit something” but did not so hopeful that the warranty or extended warranty will cover it. Tech said he’s seen a few others like this, and none have been back a second time which suggests an issue with original bilsteins thats corrected with the new ones. Will post what I hear when I pick it up tomorrow!

Tripper71

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dropped it at the dealer today. Was expecting to hear “you must have hit something” but did not so hopeful that the warranty or extended warranty will cover it. Tech said he’s seen a few others like this, and none have been back a second time which suggests an issue with original bilsteins thats corrected with the new ones. Will post what I hear when I pick it up tomorrow!
if you get it covered by the warranty, please post it. Mine were not covered....I think they should be because as I know I hit nothing and haven't been off road with mine yet. Annoying.

OP
OP

JonnyG99

Badlands
First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: picked up from the dealer, they replaced the shocks no charge. The service manager said there’s not a recall but hes seen others so it’s a known issue (to him) of the reservoirs corroding and/or falling off.
Sponsored