First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nailed it. It could be their underpowered old engines, their boring drivers, or a combination of the two, but 9 times out of 10 it's a Toyota holding up traffic.
I don’t know about that. Kinda hard to call Toyota owners boring when every ski area parking lot in Colorado and Utah is full of Tacoma’s and 4 Runners. Then I head out to Moab and it’s ancient Land Cruisers and Tacoma’s being used by the off-road guide services and Search & Rescue teams. Come to think of it, until the Bronco reissue, I haven’t seen a Ford off-road in the desert for at least 25 years.

But I guess i know what you mean when I see that awesome Ford Flex… 😜

Derecho

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honda . . . Everything from build quality to reliability to service has always been excellent . . can't say enough good things about Honda . .

Fords are opposite . . fun . . enjoyable you want them to always work . .
. . dependability is questionable, and basically forget about service (pray you never need it . .)
Yeah with Bronco you wonder about the reliability and hope you got a good one. Prob most are solid with no big trouble - but pray you never need major warranty repairs. Here you don't see good dealer options either - maybe in Salt Lake

Bronco is huge fun to drive & lots more comfortable.
After a year driving the Bronco, my old 4Runner feels ridiculous - no head-room, no leg-room, knees in your chin - been driving it for decades and now I hate it. Had some mech problems also - had to replace head-gasket twice and some other big repairs

Yeah I believe Honda is the real king of reliability - better than Toyota. Same thing w bikes - mechanically you just can't beat a Honda. Just imagine if Ford & Honda teamed-up for Bronco production. Then we could have everything in one package

Sponsored

4X4XFAR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had zero issues with my Bronco. My only concern is that I couldn't buy another Base 2-door if something ever happened to this one.

Cold summers

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I consider myself fortunate. Fords all my life ( 16-63) and never any issues. Knock on wood. I keep vehicles forever. In fact, back in the day when the Firestone tires on the Explorers were failing and Ford replaced all the tires I was taken care of by Ford. I had an F 150 that came with Firestones. The original set was replaced by me with another set of larger Firestones once the originals lived their life. Ford sent me recall notices for the Firestone tires. I ignored them since the tires on my truck were purchased by me and since they were a different size from the factory Ford would realize they were not bound to replace them. After multiple recall letters I received a phone call from a Ford rep. They wanted to know why I had not responded to the tire recall. I explained the Firestones currently on my truck were not the factory installed tires. The Ford rep replied “ We appreciate you telling us these current tires are not the factory installed tires, however we would really, really, really appreciate it if you allowed us to replace those Firestones anyway”. They installed a set of Michelins ( my choice) . I am a customer for life.
Glad they helped you, they wouldn't lift a finger to help me when i was having coil issues and told me i would need to wait 3 months for a diagnostic scan and there was nothing they could do to make the dealership bump up that time, will go with Toyota for now on after this experience. Have seen them help my parents multiple times even when it was inconvenient for them.

sn1088

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be totally honest this isn't just a Ford problem or just a vehicle problem it's everywhere. People these days just don't take any pride in what they do anymore.
Completely agree. I love my Bronco. Although, I got to disliking Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Honda for reasons similar to what OP mentioned. All brands have their share of issues. Also, it's hit or miss depending on things so random (like when/where particular vehicles are assembled and just random crap that is out of anyone's control).

I once had neighbors that all had Toyota 4 Runners (four neighbors to be exact). Two had the most issues I've ever heard of and one Lemon Law returned his, the other fixed some issues and sold his and the other two, zero issues (all were similar model year too). Random..................

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Say what ?
You expect us to believe 9 Fords and you never had any problems ? ?

I call Bull$#it
I don’t care what you believe. I don’t lie

Sponsored

TC1

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach E, 2021 Escape, 2014 RX 450
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We current own 3 newer fords 22 bronco, 22 Mach E, 21 escape, we also own 2 Lexus 13 RX 450 and 15 GS 350 and Toyota 08 solara conv. The fords are tools and used as such. The Toyota is a toy, Lexus is travel and one of our kids car that I bought with a bad battery and fixed it.
We live in a city but are on our family dairy farm on the weekends and often once or twice a week. We buy fords like they are tools and we use them like tools. Except the escape which is one of kids car. The Mach E is a runner to get parts and travel anywhere under 300 miles a day and works great! Zero issues in 13k. The bronco replaced my F150 (I have an old 90 F250 the I use now to haul crap) I still out in the fields with it hauling light equipment (mowers and snowblowers) on trailer. Zero issues In 17k, escape has had 3 recalls 2 broken windshields Bluetooth issues, rear brake. but it’s driven by a 22 lady who burns around town. It also only has 10k on it. 15 Lexus BCM went out in 20 with 49K on it $1800 repair at dealership because of programming keyless crap. 13 RX bought with bad hybrid battery at 39k fixed for $400 zero issues now has 76k and is our most used vehicle simple because of comfort.
Now my point is this we maintain the shit out of everything. Any car we own get it first oil change at 1 to 1.2k always uses factory filters or wix if I can’t get one. Then at ever 5k on the car. Mineral based oils or synthetics. Fords are always changed at the dealership ( we good friends with them so I support them). Tires rotation done at 10k.
We have owned Lexus since 95 been great cars. Owned a few Toyota trucks for farm used they are simple not a heavy duty tool. Go anyplace yes tool no. I love old GMC and owned them till 07 when no matter how well I maintained they they just kept breaking in the front end. I switched to ford and never looked back.
Cars have been mixtures of Subaru Toyotas (Lexus)and fords. Both Subarus were oil burners after 40k. We had a Corolla go thru kids and 236k before a deer killed it. 10 Ford escape with 180k and sold to friend for his kids first car. It’s still running. And then my wifes 2000 Lexus GS with 385k with a deer kill. The only issue that car had was a radiator at 230k. That was a great car. So I’m a believer that how drive plus maintain your car is ultimately what causes maintenance problems.

BroncoBets

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same boat.

I recently needed a new 3/4 ton truck for towing. Historically would have purchased an F250, but after my terrible experience waiting nearly 3 years for my Bronco, Ford's abysmal communication and supply chain issues, and then the dealer antics – I didn't even consider it.

I walked into a GMC dealer, placed an order (at MSRP) for an HD2500 with no dealer BS. It went into production 3 weeks later, and I expect to have a new truck in a couple of months.

It was such a refreshing experience! Made me (re) realize how terrible the Ford purchasing experience is.

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have 9 fords and no problems. So There that
Maybe It is you 😉😂
I have 4 Fords and no problems. 2020,21,22&23. We have bought 7 Fords since 2020 in our family, drive / drove them all a lot and zero issues.

fwk727

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Big Bend; 21 F-150; 11 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Been having some bad luck with them lately, passenger side camera went out on the Bronco, transmission in the super duty, timing chain in the eco boost, water pump in the explorer, & was in the process of buying another explorer and the hold was put on for 360 camera. Not to mention the inconvenient recalls & tsb's but the worst part is there customer service. One could over look most of this if they took care of their loyal customers instead of pushing responsibility to the dealer. Rant over, any other brand recommendations.
Ford guy all my life. Recently had a Mustang, F150 and Bronco BB. Bronco has been a nightmare. Among other issues, AC has failed 5 times. Three different dealers haven't found route cause. I gave up and wholesaled it, hoping my 23 HE will eventually be built, but nervous about quality. Now my brother's F150, with 16,000 miles had a leak. Dealers says drains in front of windshield clogged. Drom firewall to carpets, full of water and mold. $5100 not under warranty because he parks it under trees and should clean drains.
(Neither of us ever heard of that in 50 years) And...all vehicles have multiple recalls, but not parts to fix them. Wish the Four Runner came in a soft top

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford guy all my life. Recently had a Mustang, F150 and Bronco BB. Bronco has been a nightmare. Among other issues, AC has failed 5 times. Three different dealers haven't found route cause. I gave up and wholesaled it, hoping my 23 HE will eventually be built, but nervous about quality. Now my brother's F150, with 16,000 miles had a leak. Dealers says drains in front of windshield clogged. Drom firewall to carpets, full of water and mold. $5100 not under warranty because he parks it under trees and should clean drains.
(Neither of us ever heard of that in 50 years) And...all vehicles have multiple recalls, but not parts to fix them. Wish the Four Runner came in a soft top
Clogging the fresh air vent drain is a thing. I've known about it since I was young but most people don't know until it happens to them. Eventually it will cause rust and becomes a huge problem.

At one point in time I was looking at using magnetic sheets to cover the vents as my neighbors Crepe Myrtle was drooping so much stuff and some of it was going into the fresh air vents. Little seed pods and small flower petals were piling up in every seam on our truck.
Sponsored