Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wanted a brown Bronco, but went with Cactus Grey.
Not sure if serious but thatā€™s funny. Was literally thinking about wrapping mine in brown and getting a white top in a few years like 2 days ago.

#brownbros

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know itā€™s not bright but wouldnā€™t mind root beer brown. Toyota had that for the tundra a while and it looked great. My partner has a Cyber Orange Bronco and I think itā€™s a really iconic color for the 6G but not my style. Give me subtle colors. I have cactus gray for a reason, it hides dirt, pinstripes and keeps folks from knowing Iā€™m a lazy SOB when it comes to washing it because it always looks clean.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes totally agree. The manufacturers seem to think these days, that there are 3 colors that everyone wants. White, Black, and 17 different shades of silver. Good lord it's depressing.

Bright red. A true orange (like pumpkin orange). Yellow. Green. A couple different blues. That would be great to have some real color choices.

Ford is missing out. Heck they charge extra for everything else. Why not have a big color palette available, at extra cost? This isn't the old days when they painted all white one day, all black one day, all silver another day. Truly an amazing thing to watch cars being painted at the factory. Literally, a black car...a white car...a silver car...a blue car. The robots eject and change paint cartridges in a flash. At least, at the BMW factory in Spartanburg. I assume other manufacturers are similar in their paint process.
This. Auto makers are always looking to upsell, why not offer a larger selection of premium colors. The excuse often given, is the spray booth only has a certain number of paint sprayers. Well, add some more! It's 2024, the tech isn't there? Based on the 1977 Bronco color chart, over 40 years ago Ford was offering more colors than they do now.

Sponsored

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure if serious but thatā€™s funny. Was literally thinking about wrapping mine in brown and getting a white top in a few years like 2 days ago.

#brownbros
Totally serious. I'd get a wrap done, but not in my budget currently.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The only color I don't really care for is A51 - and it's not that it's a bad color, just there were an awful lot of Broncos/Sports/Mavericks (and now F150s) rolling around with that. Kind of glad they gave it a break. There are some great looking builds with it, just a bit too popular for me - I had one of those Green Rangers back when Cayman Green was the popular color in the late 90's, and almost every other Ford you saw was that color those years.

I wouldn't turn down a A51 Bronco (my wife's Sport is A51). I had my eye on a Pepper Red 2 door, but I didn't shed any tears when I ended up with a Carbonized Grey 4 door.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This. Auto makers are always looking to upsell, why not offer a larger selection of premium colors. The excuse often given, is the spray booth only has a certain number of paint sprayers. Well, add some more! It's 2024, the tech isn't there? Based on the 1977 Bronco color chart, over 40 years ago Ford was offering more colors than they do now.
Yep, here's 1969 colors which was the 4th production year just like '25 will be for the 6G. I'm 100% with you that there's no reason Ford can't put a few more robots to work and give us some choices! I paid $995 extra for AGM just because it was the only semi blue for the Heritage, I would have quickly paid $1495 if they'd actually offered a Heritage color at the time.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
exact reason why I snagged my Code Orange before it went away! (Although I do like the new Shelter Green color)
I was happy to get one before it was too late.

Ford Bronco Brighter color choices? 1000004485

I wasn't happy about trading in my Cyber Orange Badlands, but the Raptor takes the sting out of it.

Ford Bronco Brighter color choices? 20221022_165819

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know itā€™s not bright but wouldnā€™t mind root beer brown. Toyota had that for the tundra a while and it looked great. My partner has a Cyber Orange Bronco and I think itā€™s a really iconic color for the 6G but not my style. Give me subtle colors. I have cactus gray for a reason, it hides dirt, pinstripes and keeps folks from knowing Iā€™m a lazy SOB when it comes to washing it because it always looks clean.
Canā€™t believe I found two fellow brown Bronco connoisseurs today. Mind blown.

Sponsored

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
"...grays and bland colors" work just fine if you are driving through manke everyday.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Canā€™t believe I found two fellow brown Bronco connoisseurs today. Mind blown.
When the Bronco Sport rolled out there was a brown available. It looked awful in the color charts but looked pretty good in person. I believe that because the color charts didn't represent it accurately it was not chosen often.

615_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D BL, SAS, MT, & 2015 F-350 DRW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my carbonized greyšŸ¤£
Desert tan is what Iā€™d wrap it in when that time comes.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just today I saw a metallic orange Lexus NX. It was simply beautiful. It is what the Cyber Orange should have been.
Come on Ford. If Lexus can give us orange you should also be able to.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We all know if Ford gave us a full pallet of bright colors the other half would complain everything's to bold give us more subtle shades. No matter how you cut it some people would b**** if they were hung with a new rope.
Sponsored