First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh and its not the amount of doors that make it a wagon it never has been never will be chevy had a nomad sport wagon and it was a 2 door it's the fact that the back is covered with seating and covered storage. Of course all of this including yours is based on car naming convention and I would argue that these are closer to a truck platform hence the term SUV
Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It can't be Bronco (aswell) if its the only Bronco. Thats why we got Bronco sport(aswell). Plus completely different Ranger! Shouldn't Fox body mustang have been Fairmont II?
By your thinking because it is a differewnt Ranger the Bronco somehow didn't use that platform in building the new Bronco that it is somehow its own animal is wishful thinking. The facts still point to the first gen being the only unique one of the bunch. New Bronco ranger chassis, Bronco sport escape chassis.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still amazed that ford did such a good job paying homage to the 1g ,at least in 2dr form.
Looks wise yes it reminded me of my 68

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By your thinking because it is a differewnt Ranger the Bronco somehow didn't use that platform in building the new Bronco that it is somehow its own animal is wishful thinking. The facts still point to the first gen being the only unique one of the bunch. New Bronco ranger chassis, Bronco sport escape chassis.
Not wishfull thinking. They definitely changed ALOT from Ranger/to 6g...much more than Fseries FSB days, or Bronco II Ranger Exploder. 6g Bronco is a whole lot more it's own animal than I ever expected! Really if u think about it they are all just variations of the model T after all!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That articles sucks. They have the 78/79 351m listed as more HP than the 400 and claim rear disk brakes, LOL!!
The 1st statement is true tho! 400...WHAT A DOG!

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That articles sucks. They have the 78/79 351m listed as more HP than the 400 and claim rear disk brakes, LOL!!
The article lists front disc rear drums and it is possible that the 351m400 had equal or more horsepower in the truck engine due to changes in the compression and timing the 400M in the trucks were a low performance engine but they did have more torque than the 351m400.

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My two favorite are still the first and 2nd gen. However the second gen did not really have any good engine choices but if you had a 429 or 460 laying around they did bolt right in because the 385 and 335 engine family had the same bolt pattern on the bellhousing except the 351c

OP
OP
JohnnyX

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To me, there are four (4): the 66-77; the 78-79; the 80-96; and the 2021 to the present.

I know the technical reasons why it's the sixth, but if Fiberwerx can make bedsides and front ends for 80-96 Broncos, then... it should be something less than a "generation" in my opinion. I roll with the generally accepted 6G, EB, 78-79, and FSB. Not a big deal unless someone is looking for a specific generation or parts for one. The photo @redone17 posted is the best cheat sheet.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. @redone17. Nice summary picture. I figured there would be one on this forum somewhere.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a really good book written by Todd Zuercher that covers all the details of all the years of the Bronco. I highly recommend it.
Book, A History of Fords Legendary 4x4-Broncograveyard.com
I might just have to do that for the reasoning of some of their choices I have lived through all the generations owned all but gen 5 and wrenched on all of them as well as the Bronco II mine ended life with a roller 5.0 and c4 which was quite the adventure in that vehicle.
Sponsored