Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you thought about buying lottery tickets? If so, what numbers would you play? Asking for a friend. ;)
Nope... Wouldn't even know how many numbers you need.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nope... Wouldn't even know how many numbers you need.
I actually don’t either. 😂 However, I do know that you’ve got a hot streak going with Bronco goodies.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much for one of the bolts? So I can be a step closer as well... lol

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My non-existent hardtop uses latches, it's easier than bolts.
Nice try there. It’s a reverse-mullet design. Party up front (easy-turn latches), and business in the back (T50 Torx bolts).

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bet @flip could get us specs on these...

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Painful on the lack of fasteners knowledge on this thread :ROFLMAO: But worst is, anyone else notice the first millimeter or two of the threads are stripped...

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Painful on the lack of fasteners knowledge on this thread :ROFLMAO: But worst is, anyone else notice the first millimeter or two of the threads are stripped...
Yes, but that is not stripped, it is designed that way to act as a guide pin for alignment through the two pieces of metal it holds together.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, but that is not stripped, it is designed that way to act as a guide pin for alignment through the two pieces of metal it holds together.
Not that I've seen every fastener type made :geek: , I've never seen a thread starter section that looks like that. Granted, the two bolt threads do look "stripped" in the same manner. Interesting way they form it.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet @flip could get us specs on these...
I try to order some tomorrow. Most of the parts we have looked up are in the national depot. We are serviced out of the Indy pdc but get a lot of stuff out of national or Memphis.
A good majority of hardware/fasteners are necked down on the leading edge. I think this is done to lessen the chances of cross threadding both on the production line and at the repair level. A lot of fasteners are installed with power tools on the line where as we generally start them by hand prior to using air, electric or mechanical tools.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A good majority of hardware/fasteners are necked down on the leading edge. I think this is done to lessen the chances of cross threadding both on the production line and at the repair level. A lot of fasteners are installed with power tools on the line where as we generally start them by hand prior to using air, electric or mechanical tools.
Correct. The bigger fastener is a SEMS screw (screw and washer assembly) with a dog point (or pilot point), which helps speed alignment during automated assembly.

For comparison, below is a replacement hard top retainer bolt sold by Quadratec for several Jeep Wrangler TJ and JK model years.

Ford Bronco Bronco bolts 28CA05C9-1C8E-45B5-9418-09427036F61C

https://www.quadratec.com/p/omix-ada/hardtop-bolt-m8x125-97-17-jeep-wrangler-tj-jk

This is a SEMS M8 x 1.25 x 25mm dog point T40 Torx.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Correct. The bigger fastener is a SEMS screw (screw and washer assembly) with a dog point (or pilot point), which helps speed alignment during automated assembly.

For comparison, below is a replacement hard top retainer bolt sold by Quadratec for several Jeep Wrangler TJ and JK model years.

Ford Bronco Bronco bolts 28CA05C9-1C8E-45B5-9418-09427036F61C

https://www.quadratec.com/p/omix-ada/hardtop-bolt-m8x125-97-17-jeep-wrangler-tj-jk

This is a SEMS M8 x 1.25 x 25mm dog point T40 Torx.
That bolt seems to have a more smooth "dog point" vs. the Bronco bolt, which looks stripped to me. :LOL:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That bolt seems to have a more smooth "dog point" vs. the Bronco bolt, which looks stripped to me. :LOL:
Thread rollers for the Bronco Bolts are newer... gotta wait for em to wear down a bit 🙂