Sponsored

Bronco cannot start after ForScan changes (Issue Resolved)

raymariner

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: the issue is resolved with tremendous help and support from this forum. I have learned a ton about FORSCAN as well, I can say I am not afraid to use it in the future. Make mistake, fix it - that's how we learn. Thanks again!
----------------
Hope ForScan experts can help me out. My Badlands 2.7 4-door was built on 3/3, delivered 3 weeks ago. I used ForScan to disable double honk and auto start/stop, I made changes in BdyCM, not the "AS BUILT format". I tested and it worked fine right after I made the changes. Several hours later when I tried to start the vehicle, I received the following messages on dashboard and it won't start:
Blind Spot System Fault
Cross Traffic System Fault
Check 4x4
Service Vehicle Soon
Pre-Collision Assist Not Available
Service AdvanceTrac
Engine Coolant Over Temperature
Park Aid Fault

I tried to reset BdyCM (AS BUILT format) and used the module values from MotorCraftService. It seemed reset worked because the double honk and auto start/stop values are changed back to default. After the reset, all the messages still show on dashboard. What should I do next? What other modules do I need to reset?

I have made an appointment with dealer and it is two weeks out. Right now my Bronco won't start because of all these error messages. I am hoping to figure something out before I tow the vehicle to dealer.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

raymariner

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Disconnect the battery for 30 min and see if they go away.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did disconnect the battery for about 30 mins and all the messages are still there :(

Sponsored
OP
OP

raymariner

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did run backup before I started changing. I imagine it would be the same .ab file I downloaded from MotroCraftService.

aframe009

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had some codes on my Bronco after I fixed my tire size but I was able to clear them with the Forescan app and they haven't come back.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hook up FORSCAN and run the diagnostic to scan for DTCs
Then use forscan to clear the codes.

Have you tried that yet?

That would be my first step.

OP
OP

raymariner

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried DTCs, for some of modules app can't read DTC, for the ones that have been read, when I tried to reset one, and I got the "unable to reset DTC." I am using OBDLink EX with usb connection.
Ford Bronco Bronco cannot start after ForScan changes (Issue Resolved) screen-3.PNG

Ford Bronco Bronco cannot start after ForScan changes (Issue Resolved) screen-4.PNG

1654206358339.png

Sponsored

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have you tried it with the car running? I saw i a YouTube video that not all modules can be found with it not on. I've personally never had that issue but maybe worth a try.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I sent you DM.
Also, when Forscan loads, and it prompts you to load the last vehicle / profile - are you clicking yes? If so - don't. Click NO.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Im not a ForSkan expert, but if it started fine after your changes, then is it really due to the changes.....

That flood of messages is exactly what people get when they have a loose ground issue. Usually the battery terminal or the bolts holding fuse box down. Just throwing that out there.

OP
OP

raymariner

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sent you DM.
Also, when Forscan loads, and it prompts you to load the last vehicle / profile - are you clicking yes? If so - don't. Click NO.
Thanks for the suggestion. I deleted the existing profile, now I get an error "Unable to connect to vehicle". The vehicle is ON, key fob is in there.
Ford Bronco Bronco cannot start after ForScan changes (Issue Resolved) screen-6.PNG

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What adapter are you using?