First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche boxster, Subaru forester, Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any heritage editions at the show? If so did you notice the gunners hatch? Are the rear side windows removable ?
I only saw an Everglades and a Wildtrak on the floor
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh it’s much worse — they all appear to be Badlands.
Duh, they have to show off the fancy features to those of us who are too lazy to get out of the truck and turn a wrench to disconnect the sway bar!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Any heritage editions at the show? If so did you notice the gunners hatch? Are the rear side windows removable ?
Wasn't at the show but went looking thru YouTube, TFL and overloading somebody had walk around videos and nothing Heritage at the Ford stand. Figured they'd show something too with them hitting there streets soon, oh well.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Duh, they have to show off the fancy features to those of us who are too lazy to get out of the truck and turn a wrench to disconnect the sway bar!
But how will people know what the Sport Mode looks like on the Instrument Panel?

Sponsored

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I see Ford once again kept the Bases at home. Don't want to show the base model is just as capable when you're trying to sell a 90k truck 😏
Da base best trim for real off-road use,no one is going to want a couple pounds of mud in some of those trims.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am I the only one who thinks they should have a Bronco from every era in that display (including Bronco II & Sport)

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The Jeep hill looks taller.

OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Am I the only one who thinks they should have a Bronco from every era in that display (including Bronco II & Sport)
Jeep had something similar to that. Not sure if it was official Fiat display or not but it had some older versions of their products.

The Jeep hill looks taller.
much. The general layout and “obstacles” were the same. But Jeeps was much more visually appealing.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see Ford once again kept the Bases at home. Don't want to show the base model is just as capable when you're trying to sell a 90k truck 😏
Seriously. The only diff between base and other trims is how many lux, convenience, and appearance options Ford allows you to equip.
With the Bronco being very modular, plus ForScan and FDRS, it's not so hard to bolt on, wire, and program an "up trim" option on any Bronco.

I'd almost put the Raptor in there, except for the frame modifications would require you to cut and weld on your frame and it seems most people are reluctant to do that.
I guess the 3.0 liter engine would be a pain, if you wanted to make a clone; but I think upgrading the 2.7 would be the way to go if the aftermarket cracks the tuning security. Turbos seem to be the biggest bottle neck, then maybe port/polish and new camshaft to move the torque curve higher in the rpm range.

It's cheaper and warrantied if you get the options from the factory, unless you plan on swapping out all the parts anyway...

Sponsored

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seriously. The only diff between base and other trims is how many lux, convenience, and appearance options Ford allows you to equip.
With the Bronco being very modular, plus ForScan and FDRS, it's not so hard to bolt on, wire, and program an "up trim" option on any Bronco.

I'd almost put the Raptor in there, except for the frame modifications would require you to cut and weld on your frame and it seems most people are reluctant to do that.
I guess the 3.0 liter engine would be a pain, if you wanted to make a clone; but I think upgrading the 2.7 would be the way to go if the aftermarket cracks the tuning security. Turbos seem to be the biggest bottle neck, then maybe port/polish and new camshaft to move the torque curve higher in the rpm range.

It's cheaper and warrantied if you get the options from the factory, unless you plan on swapping out all the parts anyway...
If I was to do an engine swap it would either be a complete gutting with a 4.3L Chevy or a 2.3L Turbo from a Fox body mustang.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I was to do an engine swap it would either be a complete gutting with a 4.3L Chevy or a 2.3L Turbo from a Fox body mustang.
I'd be torn between Chevy V8, Coyote, and Godzilla.
A smaller 5.0 or 5.8 Godzilla would be nostalgic!
I'm hoping Ford sells a V8 Bronco at some point. It will make it easier for people to figure out all the computer integrations for a swap.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd be torn between Chevy V8, Coyote, and Godzilla.
A smaller 5.0 or 5.8 Godzilla would be nostalgic!
I'm hoping Ford sells a V8 Bronco at some point. It will make it easier for people to figure out all the computer integrations for a swap.
I don't think they will. I think we'll see a hybrid with 4cyl or all-electric first.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think they will. I think we'll see a hybrid with 4cyl or all-electric first.
Someone on here said they see V8 test mules running around.
If Ford does decide to sell a V8, it will probably be a very limited trim. Maybe a Raptor R. I don't think I'm interested in dealing with Ford dealerships for a limited run.
If it came with portals and 39's I'd do everything I could to get one.

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any Raptors running the course? Or are they just another sticker trim like the WildTrak?

joking... 😇 but seriously, I would like to see the Raptor on the articulation section.
I've seen videos comparing articulation and the Raptor articulates very well. Several inches more. The difference between the two was pretty amazing. We get our Wildtrak Sas tomorrow and will immediately start on our build and prototyping parts. We will be offering a suspension system with Kings or Fox that will work very well for everyone looking for improved performance.
Sponsored