Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey I noticed you were charging right to the negative terminal. There was a post done a little while back with a good video about the battery monitoring system (BMS) on these batteries and how you gave to put your negative on the other side of the module. I'll see if I can find it and post it for you. Also I'm curious if before you had these problems did you have anything new installed that would cause a battery drain. Hope you get it figured out though, I'm in production right now and you'd think after all this time they get these bugs worked out relatively quick.
Thanks for the insight! Regarding any add-ons, there's nothing new on the vehicle other than tires, a stubby antenna, and side steps - all work that was done 10K miles ago. The car was perfect until one month after its first 10K oil change.
Sponsored

Maury

Wildtrak
First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you know what it is they do to get it going again? What is this reboot?

Surely, if they're not doing anything and it still runs for a while afterward, I imagine you could do it yourself on the side of the road; avoid waiting for a tow...

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Wildtrak with less than 2500 miles on it is doing the same thing OP's was doing. Battery was replaced on Friday and went to drive it Saturday morning it was dead and would not start. Does anyone know what the "fix" or resolution was here?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My Wildtrak with less than 2500 miles on it is doing the same thing OP's was doing. Battery was replaced on Friday and went to drive it Saturday morning it was dead and would not start. Does anyone know what the "fix" or resolution was here?
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

Sponsored

Paris

Base
First Name
Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco, Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats what we did. We liked the Bronco better too.
Update, I found a Bronco and love it thusfar! So glad I got a base before they stopped making them this year.

Braptor23_CO

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Those alerts happened to a friend when her Bronco died at an intersection. Turned out to be a loose negative battery terminal (and not the first I've heard of this exact scenario). Im sure you can discount that since the battery was replaced, but I would look over other connections (grounds & fuse box bolts being the big ones). Those are common issues that make these events happen.
I’ll second that I know of 2 people at a bronco meet up that told the same story. Both guys had less than 1K when it happened. Wasn't loose at the battery it was else where.
Sponsored