Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Bronco February 2024 Sales: 8,186 Sales
  • February sales represents a 10.2% increase from January 2024 (7,427 sales).
Bronco February 2024 Production: 12,659 Produced
  • February production represents a 4.2% increase from January 2024 (12,143 produced).
See January 2024 results

Ford Bronco Bronco February 2024 Sales & Production: 8,186 Sold / 12,659 Produced feb-2024-ford-u-s-sales-1
Ford Bronco Bronco February 2024 Sales & Production: 8,186 Sold / 12,659 Produced feb-2024-ford-u-s-sales-2
Ford Bronco Bronco February 2024 Sales & Production: 8,186 Sold / 12,659 Produced feb-2024-ford-u-s-sales-3
Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So in the last 4 months 48,915 Broncos have been made and 25,005 have been sold. Interesting.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So in the last 4 months 48,915 Broncos have been made and 25,005 have been sold. Interesting.
Which explains the 24K new ones listed on Autotrader. That’s about 3 months supply which is still healthy-ish.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Which explains the 24K new ones listed on Autotrader. That’s about 3 months supply which is still healthy-ish.
Healthy for whom? In this Era of just in time provision of parts to assembly similar should apply to dealer deliveries. Unsold inventory is still unsold at retail. Pushing all these vehicles that apparently ( due to 3 months Inventory) nobody wants only helps Ford in their wholesale numbers and places dealers on the hook for floor plan which in turn keeps retail pricing higher.

From order to delivery I received my last 2 BMWs in less than 2 months each. Ford could learn a few things. And those few things include NOT firing geniuses like Lee Iacocca and Bob Lutz who each performed magic where they landed. History lesson lost on the top floors of the Glass House.

And all this considering back in the previous century Ford was going to install McDonalds-like self-order kiosks in dealerships. Configure onscreen (drop your Csrvana coin in the slot, lol) place order and 4-6 weeks later take delivery.

Overproduction also means too many people are working.

Sponsored

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are more produced but fewer sold each month, right? Where are the surplus stocked?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There are more produced but fewer sold each month, right? Where are the surplus stocked?
starting to pile up at the 2000 dealerships, up until recently you would never see one at a small town dealership, now its seems everyone of them you drive by has a couple.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From order to delivery I received my last 2 BMWs in less than 2 months each. Ford could learn a few things. And those few things include NOT firing geniuses like Lee Iacocca and Bob Lutz who each performed magic where they landed. History lesson lost on the top floors of the Glass House.
In all seriousness, why are you talking about people who where hired 50+ years ago? The automotive industry has changed quite a bit in that time.

As for deliveries from Ford-

I got my 2006 Mustang GT (more or less same popularity as the Bronco had a few years back) in roughly 3 months and I got my 2013 SHO in about two months. The Bronco launch was completely hosed by COVID and all the knock on effects of that.

Typical supply is 60-90 days worth of product, enough on the lots for people to buy with some some options.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Healthy for whom? In this Era of just in time provision of parts to assembly similar should apply to dealer deliveries. Unsold inventory is still unsold at retail. Pushing all these vehicles that apparently ( due to 3 months Inventory) nobody wants only helps Ford in their wholesale numbers and places dealers on the hook for floor plan which in turn keeps retail pricing higher.

And all this considering back in the previous century Ford was going to install McDonalds-like self-order kiosks in dealerships. Configure onscreen (drop your Csrvana coin in the slot, lol) place order and 4-6 weeks later take delivery.

Overproduction also means too many people are working.
In the end, the dealers are the customers of Ford - not us.

90 day supply is on the upper end of healthy. The 350+ days supply of the Mach-E was unhealthy and thus you saw price cuts and now they are selling briskly.

I've always argued Bronco prices have overinflated and incentives for 2024 models are warranted which you might see when days supply exceeds 120 days.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In the end, the dealers are the customers of Ford - not us.
Exactly correct-they are counted as sold once they dealership gets them.

Sponsored

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / Mercedes E350 (2014)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
...and yet here I sit in my 3rd month of waiting for an O/Banks to be scheduled. :confused:

Greg_M

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Denali Dually
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
...and yet here I sit in my 3rd month of waiting for an O/Banks to be scheduled. :confused:
that sux, must be dealer allotment. I ordered an OB in January and it is to be built next week.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pretty sure dealer stock is not considered sold. Only once customer takes delivery. Otherwise they would “sell” almost as much as they produce
Ford sells product to the dealership, not directly to consumers. The difference in numbers is due to production and shipping issues.

new to bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford sells product to the dealership, not directly to consumers. The difference in numbers is due to production and shipping issues.
Do you know this for a fact? How do you explain that sales are down 30% while production is not?
Pretty sure no OEM can report dealer deliveries as “sales”
Yeah, pretty sure you are wrong. Think about it, ford or any automaker could produce as many cars as they want, shove them to the dealers and consider them sold…yeah no, there is a reason why there are manufacturer incentives
Sponsored

Last edited: