Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious what max weight is for the hood and, with aftermarket parts, how much more weight can be added.
Not just for hunting but just for sitting atop the bronco or camping on top
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't wait to take it hunting! I 'm slowly getting into upland hunting and duck hunting which can take you through some pretty fun terrain!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya...there's some pretty nasty trails where we hunt, and I make it a point to wheel back there periodically during the off-season so the deer get patterned to hearing vehicles around. I go on foot during the season, until we get one, then I'm too lazy to drag it the whole way! Doesnt seem to scare them off. My buddy got one in the am, and we wheeled my jeep back there to get it, then I got one a few hours later in the same spot.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Who is going to use their New Bronco for hunting....

1600010442014.png
Thinking about black powder season, good reason to get that muzzle loader I always have wanted.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious what max weight is for the hood and, with aftermarket parts, how much more weight can be added.
Not just for hunting but just for sitting atop the bronco or camping on top
The "hood whistles" to borrow a phrase from @MaverickMan are marked as rated for 150lbs. which I'm hoping refers to each one.

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably hold on to the old silverado for a bit to make sure the Bronco works in the field. Seems the hitch basket is the ticket for deer or hauling gear. Gotta make sure the dogs fit in the back of the 2DR for upland hunting. Actually had the daughter out for the last day of youth deer season this evening and I'll be out tomorrow morning for opening archery. Would love to be in the Bronco!

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not gonna lie but majority of my off-roading when I’m driving the trails in the woods to either scout my hunting spot or to get to my hunting spot.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In my excited mind I am, but reality is I’ll probably be stuck with continuing to use the super duty. Bronco is just too small for my hunting trips. I’ll use the shit out of it dove hunting the fields though.

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Always thought we were passed the practice of hood transportation for game, but that may be a regional thing. Fully half of our seasons are pretty warm still with the Archers starting in August.

I’m interested in the Black Diamond for the floors. No, I’m not planning on throwing a deer in the back, but quarters in a cooler can still be messy. That being said, Hunting is one of my primary reasons for the Bronco, as it just HAS to be more nimble in the dirt than a Superduty.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m torn, I like hunting but I like sleeping past 5AM. I may go out a few times, but only birds or gators where they don’t mind waiting for a decent hour for me to look for them.
Numerous hunting days have turned into hikes with a gun because I slept in, haha.
Sponsored