Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I already know the answer, but does the blind spot monitoring system not make a sound when you put on your turn signal? I find this very odd. In any other new car I've driven, if you put on your turn signal when the blind spot indicator is lit on the mirror, it makes a noise to warn you. It's very convenient. You can't always focus on the little light on the side mirror. In fact, an audible signal alone would be better then just the indicator.

The cross traffic alert is audible in my Bronco and works fine. I turned on the lane keeping system just to see how it does, but so far it's not doing anything. Maybe it doesn't even work.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting. The Hyundai and Mazda that we have include an audible alert. It's very helpful.

Last edited:

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting. Hyundai and Mazda that we have include an audible alert. It's very helpful.
That's funny... Just today, I was thinking, "I wonder why there's no warning buzzer if you hit your turn signal while the BLIS indicator is lit"... So I'm not the only one!

Sponsored

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife’s Nissan Rouge makes a noise and the light flashes.

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No sound on my Big Bend.

Just the steady light when someone is in your blind spot, and an urgent blink when you signal and someone is in your blind spot.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I already know the answer, but does the blind spot monitoring system not make a sound when you put on your turn signal? I find this very odd. In any other new car I've driven, if you put on your turn signal when the blind spot indicator is lit on the mirror, it makes a noise to warn you. It's very convenient. You can't always focus on the little light on the side mirror. In fact, an audible signal alone would be better then just the indicator.

The cross traffic alert is audible in my Bronco and works fine. I turned on the lane keeping system just to see how it does, but so far it's not doing anything. Maybe it doesn't even work.
In the settings you have to select aid for the assist to do anything. I leave mine off. I tried it when I picked it up the vibrating the steering wheel scared the chit out of me!! Then I tried to let go and see how well out works then never turned it back on.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Jeep alerts me when I signal with the blind spot indicator light on. Both my Bronco and Defender do not. I wish they did.. since it's a really great feature.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the settings you have to select aid for the assist to do anything. I leave mine off. I tried it when I picked it up the vibrating the steering wheel scared the chit out of me!! Then I tried to let go and see how well out works then never turned it back on.
So, the alert that you can enable is not audible, but a vibrating steering wheel… Interesting.

If you have a Bronco, any chance you could snap a pic?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My lane keep assist still doesn't seem to work, even after I figured out that you have to actually engage it with a button on the steering wheel. :D

I've got it on the highest sensitivity and all I get is the zone marker on the screen turning red. No wheel, shake, no alert. I'll keep trying though.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is why I don't ride motorcycles on the street anymore.😞

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve never had to “focus” on the light, just look in the mirror.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is why I don't ride motorcycles on the street anymore.
Just to be clear, I'm just playing around with this stuff to see how/if it works.

I'd prefer mandatory recurrent training for operating a motor vehicle.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd prefer mandatory recurrent training for operating a motor vehicle.
If you feel that you need more training to drive safely, you could always get it on your own, it doesn’t need to be mandatory.
Sponsored