Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

pretty quick and easy. I hope Ford provides that special tool they made for free with the purchase of the roof rack.
Tool only comes with Manual transmission and mid package.
Sponsored

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The rear section looked a little flimsy?
[/QUOTE
I would not worry as once locked in place on the back it will be nice a solid as it fully supported all the way round once taken off it flexs a bit becuase of being lightwieght as possible but still must have strength in it.I would recommend laying it flat when off if possibly.

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Putting them in the cupholder when you go to get tires. Tell the guy. I know when they finally start: phone rings, I tell them the key is in the cupholder.
That's how I have to do with my wheel locking nut when the car goes in for service or tires as I keep it in the middle consoul.

ethanax

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was trying to figure that out and realized the solution to that was visible on the Filson Fire Bronco: a little metal bracket.

E9E0A9E0-4732-4CA3-AD8F-2CD9246F9B28.jpeg
That’s a great shot of the light bar independent brackets, thanks for sharing. That roof rack isn’t like the standard roof rack you see on the build and price tool, and on the Overland concept vehicle, though. So I wonder on the version where the light bar is attached to the roof rack, does the light bar easily come off with the rack?

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol damn we can't have nice things cuz of ya'll. I thought he did pretty well. Video was short and informative so no complaints from me.
I know, it was terrible but I just couldnt unsee it.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That triangle tool appears to be a standard shape I've seen for some cabinets I work with. Hopefully it's the same shape for tool(s) I already own aka:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DEMWGVC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_pyBWFb374CX9Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Yep , I have several in my tool box here just like those and a couple of the individual ones that match up to what he is using. It also looks like it would be easy just to take the windshield bolts out and lift the whole thing off with a garage hoist. Remove the front bolts , lay a rag under each front arm at the windshield so it doesn't scratch if it moves any and lift straight up. Looks like even with the rack I'll be taking the top off a bunch :)

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This appears as easy or easier than taking the Jeep top off. If you have a garage, for about $60 in wood and rope, some hooks and a harbor freight crank you can make the below and lift (and door hangers) and then take the top off with 1 person and park under it. My 2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon in the pic.

Second pic also shows the door hangers on the wall to the left.

35A88E9A-2CB6-48A4-BD61-99A44A3947C9.jpeg

627CAF02-56CA-4ED0-A0EB-1C6CAF2955A2.jpeg

I wish I had a garage. :/

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I had a garage. :/
You and me both. I started this in March then Covid hit and I've been to busy to get it finished. Hopefully this coming week I will get the walls up and order some doors.
20200815_190921.jpg

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was hoping the sides and back glass would detach seperately!!!! Making it easier to handle and just another option leaving hte back on..
So me too. Based on the Ford July presser:

" All modular hardtops have rear quarter windows that are removable in three easy steps – snap, push and lift away in a fraction of the time it takes for competitors – without removing the roof panels. "

Does that mean there is an optional "real" modular hard top that is not yet offered as an option? It's not in the B&P as of now.

Questions, questions...

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You and me both. I started this in March then Covid hit and I've been to busy to get it finished. Hopefully this coming week I will get the walls up and order some doors.
20200815_190921.jpg
Nice! Where'd you source those roof trusses?

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang, explorer, edge st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if you have both the roof rack and the light bar, and you want to temporarily remove both, how does the light bar disconnect from power? Does the power lead plug into the back of the light bar? Or is there a plug or connection inside the windshield header?

9D26543D-5FF1-4B27-8096-B9B48B617FF0.png

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just because he used an impact driver to remove the hard top doesn’t mean that he had too. I’m sure a socket wrench will do just fine.
A T-50 Torx usually doesn't come with cheap-ass Torx driver sets. Another thing people will bitch about. :LOL:

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People on here that complain about how difficult this will be should take a hard look in the mirror and ask why you are even buying this vehicle in the first place. The process looks incredibly simple and if you can’t handle this process then how you handle what comes up trail riding or when off-roading?

Yeah it requires a special tool for the roof rack, which Ford designed so nobody would steal your stuff!
Sponsored