First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got ahold of my dealer today… They finally ordered the parts last week and lo and behold they’re backordered to who knows when… I literally called them the day the remedy was issued saying they could order parts and they sat on their ass for almost 2 weeks. What an absolute joke of a dealership along with the colossal fuckup from Ford.

britbonco88

First Edition
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram rebel
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got call saying mine had arrived and should be able to pick it up today, only to be told an hour later I was not able to pick it up due to airbag recall. no idea when it will arrive now. What's a few more weeks after 4 months on dirt mountain. What I don't get is why they couldn't fix airbag at same time as new roof. I guess maybe because roof was internal issue and airbag is external supplier? Ford really have messed this whole thing up. I see too that epople seem to be getting their 22 model year Broncos now?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got call saying mine had arrived and should be able to pick it up today, only to be told an hour later I was not able to pick it up due to airbag recall. no idea when it will arrive now. What's a few more weeks after 4 months on dirt mountain. What I don't get is why they couldn't fix airbag at same time as new roof. I guess maybe because roof was internal issue and airbag is external supplier? Ford really have messed this whole thing up. I see too that epople seem to be getting their 22 model year Broncos now?
A real kick in the nads huh? If I had to put money on it I would say I'll be picking up my DMB in March with the shipping and airbag factored in. Assuming it actually even ships soon.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A real kick in the nads huh? If I had to put money on it I would say I'll be picking up my DMB in March with the shipping and airbag factored in. Assuming it actually even ships soon.
Uncle Mike hasn't pulled through yet? At this point, they should be building you a 2022...

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uncle Mike hasn't pulled through yet? At this point, they should be building you a 2022...
He just got himself uninvited from next Turkey Day.

I just put an offer in on some property and the thought has crossed my mind to submit a new order for a 23 to spread out my big loans. But waiting that long will end me, plus I'm not going to get a deal like I have now.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He just got himself uninvited from next Turkey Day.

I just put an offer in on some property and the thought has crossed my mind to submit a new order for a 23 to spread out my big loans. But waiting that long will end me, plus I'm not going to get a deal like I have now.
Don't do it... You'll regret it! And what will you park on your new 15 acre property with 14 car garage and water features?

... I guess the Zuk will take up half a parking stall.

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, I’ve gotten 2 updates this week on the airbag. Not good…These are coming from ford customer service manager…

TUES…supplier past due shipping to FCSD. Working with supplier to obtain future ship plan. needless to say didn’t sound very promising.

THURS…summarized, 262 back orders. December sales were greater than requested launch quantity. So, the way I read that is nobody bothered to inform the service/parts group of the recall.

in the end, I’m fairly confident there is no end in sight.

My wife keeps asking me why there is no lawsuit yet. I really don’t have a good answer for that other than what damages can you claim. I’m sure there’s a “creative” attorney out there that could figure something out.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have my fingers that all goes well for you in shipping. Can you imagine??

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve completely missed that you’re also part of the airbag crew! OK, you win!!
Yeah I like to be in every group. I should have got a 2.7 so I could drop a valve for the trifecta.

gjackson

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m not so sure the back order story is true. Dealer ordered mine once the recall was “finalized” and it came in a few days later. Just picked mine up yesterday after it was fixed.

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m not so sure the back order story is true. Dealer ordered mine once the recall was “finalized” and it came in a few days later. Just picked mine up yesterday after it was fixed.
I wish I was wrong, believe me.

OldSchoolHood

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can also confirm this to be true. I received a random message from another Twitter user who had been going through the same issue telling me their dealer said the fix was in and the part was ordered. I confirmed with the salesman at my dealer that the fix has indeed been approved and the parts ordered. This was all followed up with a tweet to me from Mike Levine himself telling me that the recall has been addressed and to check with dealer for details. It was nice to finally get some sort of reply from him after all this time, but I still want to know why exactly it too so long and why there was no communication on it whatsoever. It’s piss-poor treatment of customers on their part and the timing seems to confirm my suspicion all along that the only delay was Ford’s intention to complete all the other MY21’s first before swinging back around to ours. I still find that to be inexcusable as ours should have been addressed with priority and I’m definitely getting some of that Ford customer satisfaction money, and hopefully some other concessions as well because it’s definitely owed.
So after almost 10 months dealer has my Bronco held hostage for a week now due to the airbag recall!.... Part on back order.. blah blah blah.... How can that possibly be? they are producing broncos everyday!!! What, they don't have passenger airbags??? WTF THIS IS SUCH BS
Any ideas other then what the dealer says.... I'm so sorry
Sponsored