Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I live next to a lake with an attached 18 hole golf course. The exit I take to get home takes you right along the length of the course. Never in all the years I've taken that exit had I thought about one of those balls flying out to the frontage road and hitting a car. Well, it happened to me on my way home from work yesterday. I had just entered the exit ramp (so, I was still at about 60mph) and I saw the ball fly through the air and sure enough, it pegged the front of my Bronco and then ricocheted off and flew out to the highway. I was PISSED! I pulled into the country club parking to inspect the damage. I spent 15 minutes looking with a flashlight. THERE WAS NO DAMAGE! NONE! I was baffled. I wanted to go ahead and let them know that I got hit. Of course the manager just shrugged and said 🤷 "it happens". Whatever dude..... Just glad there was no damage.
Ford Bronco Bronco hit with a golf ball! 😵 20220212_095810_HDR_kindlephoto-552407729
Sponsored

Last edited:

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Happened to me many years ago... I stopped and the golfer approached me. Shockingly his homeowners insurance covered it...... but a week after the gold ball hit, I got caught in a massive hailstorm that "totaled" the car. I took all the money and kept driving the car for another couple of years. Car had 170k on it when the golfer hit it. When I saw the ball coming towards me I said to myself "that ain't no snowball"

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My parents used to live along side a golf course before they moved down the street where it's a bit more private. Their house got pegged regularly. Part of the risk living there I suppose. Im glad there was no damage!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It must of hit the plastic grill or metal bumper. The aluminum body panels and windshield stand no chance against a golf ball. Lucky!

Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Passenger side headlight, blinker area. Is that a crack in the plastic?

Sumo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx sti
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I second the passenger side indicator looks cracked.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I live next to a lake with an attached 18 hole golf course. The exit I take to get home takes you right along the length of the course. Never in all the years I've taken that exit had I thought about one of those balls flying out to the frontage road and hitting a car. Well, it happened to me on my way home from work yesterday. I had just entered the exit ramp (so, I was still at about 60mph) and I saw the ball fly through the air and sure enough, it pegged the front of my Bronco and then ricocheted off and flew out to the highway. I was PISSED! I pulled into the country club parking to inspect the damage. I spent 15 minutes looking with a flashlight. THERE WAS NO DAMAGE! NONE! I was baffled. I wanted to go ahead and let them know that I got hit. Of course the manager just shrugged and said 🤷 "it happens". Whatever dude..... Just glad there was no damage.
Ford Bronco Bronco hit with a golf ball! 😵 20220212_095810_HDR_kindlephoto-552407729
Wow! Go figure. Are you sure it didnt get your headlight?

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad there was no damage! All about the angle I guess - I’ve had rocks come at my windshield at a high speed and thought for sure I’d get a chip, but I’ve lucked out a few times.

Are you sure it hit the front and not a front side fender?

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So is this just a weird reflection? 🤔

Screenshot_20220212-122837_Samsung Internet.jpg
Lol! After seeing this I ran back out to the garage to double check. It does look like a crack in that pic. But nope. I guess it was a weird reflection. Thankfully...
Ford Bronco Bronco hit with a golf ball! 😵 20220212_122124_HDR

Hoss360

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good to know... Bronco 1 - Golf Ball 0
Sponsored