Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into this frozen screen issue on my end.
I am having similar SYNC 4 issues on startup. Frozen screen, Google Maps not displayed correctly, resets itself after a few minutes then works fine.
Sponsored

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST, 2021 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happens to mine all the time. Also, my goggle maps will freeze up until I toggle between android auto and sync screen a couple times and it then will go back to normal.

These seem to be a common occurrence after an update I had a couple weeks back. That said, at least the update appeared to fix the "glitch" sound through the radio when backing up, parking sensors engaging, or other random times.
I get both of these issues all the time. It's a 2021 with 40k miles, so out of warranty.

OP
OP
clintontx

clintontx

Black Diamond
First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I chatted with Ford & all they could suggest was to do a manual reboot of the system. Of course that didn't fix it. Then I was instructed to call my dealership for a service appointment . The service advisor stated, "Oh my Bronco does that too", like it's perfectly normal for a brand new product to not work correctly. I don't have a lot of faith that this will be resolved by the dealer but I guess we'll see.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has done similar stuff a few times. When it all started functioning normally again, I immediately turned off OTA updates. Has not happened again since. Everything functions as expected in my Bronco, and I don’t want an OTA to brick my ride.

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine has done similar stuff a few times. When it all started functioning normally again, I immediately turned off OTA updates. Has not happened again since. Everything functions as expected in my Bronco, and I don’t want an OTA to brick my ride.
Having OTA on is like us all being Guinea pigs for Ford, I always turn that crap off. If I need an update, I will manually install it. Same on my phone.

Sponsored

CaseyG

Big Bend
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve searched thru the forum but didn’t find a post with this particular issue. We have a 2024 black diamond with mid package & sometimes when we start the car the screen just has the large Bronco logo & it is unresponsive. It will stay like that for about a minute & then restart itself & finally loads up. Restarting the car forces the infotainment to work again. Has anyone else had this issue & do you know of a resolution?

IMG_2362.jpeg
I have a 2022 Black Diamond mid package as well. I have the same issue. I have not found a way to fix the problem. Of course it doesn’t happen when I go to the dealer so I just video when it happens and I’ll bring it in when I have a few more.

OP
OP
clintontx

clintontx

Black Diamond
First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealership was unable to reproduce the issue & said all software is up to date. No resolution which is no surprise.

AreUgettingEnufCaffeine

Big Bend
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dealership was unable to reproduce the issue & said all software is up to date. No resolution which is no surprise.
I'm going to keep putting up with the issues, But the day it leaves me on the side of the road, That'll be it for me
Sponsored