JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I recently purchased OEM rock rails for my WT, and was surprised by how easy they are to put on. It took me 15-20 minutes for both sides. This left me scratching my head about theft.

With that in mind, does anyone know if there are any theft deterrent options, for either rock rails or side steps?
Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Use red loctite on a couple of the bolts - you'd have to heat it up a bit to remove them easily.

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If a thief wants something bad enough, they will take it. No sense in being paranoid about it. Drive the Bronco and enjoy it. :)

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget about the fender flares...gone in 60 seconds

OP
OP
bronc'o

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess no street parking when overnighting in NYC?
It's not just NYC my friend! I suppose you could take them off to be safe.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently purchased OEM rock rails for my WT, and was surprised by how easy they are to put on. It took me 15-20 minutes for both sides. This left me scratching my head about theft.

With that in mind, does anyone know if there are any theft deterrent options, for either rock rails or side steps?
Replace the hardware with TP30 Torx Plus bolts 😂😂

labattbluebronco

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 silverado, 11 taurus, 01 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If a thief wants something bad enough, they will take it. No sense in being paranoid about it. Drive the Bronco and enjoy it. :)
Don't forget about the fender flares...gone in 60 seconds

Don't forget about the catalytic convertor, the spare tire, mirrors, etc. Seriously, worry is interest paid on a debt not yet owed. Enjoy your Bronco, be thankful you got it as many are still waiting, and make sure your insurance is paid up. Life is short, play hard.

To answer the question, you could tack weld one of the mount bolts. You would loose the ease of removal but accomplish your goal of being theft resistant.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget about the catalytic convertor, the spare tire, mirrors, etc. Seriously, worry is interest paid on a debt not yet owed. Enjoy your Bronco, be thankful you got it as many are still waiting, and make sure your insurance is paid up. Life is short, play hard.

To answer the question, you could tack weld one of the mount bolts. You would loose the ease of removal but accomplish your goal of being theft resistant.
Yep, catalytic converters are a favorite target up in this neck of the woods. Two garages within a mile of my house and several neighbors have been hit in the last several weeks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bronc'o

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah.... i'm probably overthinking this. Kind of like a parent overthinks the safety of a new-born baby. Except, I've been waiting for my Bronco a little more than 9 months... lol!

Grateful I got it... 🙏🏼 and you're right, insurance is probably my best bet. Thanks.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You could use tamperproof security torx bolts or similar on the rock rails, which will make it more challenging for, or at least slow down, a would-be thief. There are some other less mainstream security bolts also in the marketplace.

Ford Bronco Bronco OEM Rock Rail Theft Deterrent 1646160941256

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, agreeing with others that this is not a big theft item. Heavy, a pain to remove (for a quick theft) and only resealable to another Bronco owner. Since there aren't many of those due to manufacturing issues, pretty worthless to a random thief. Catalytics are another story though, so watch out if that is an issue where you are.
Sponsored