Bronco Off-Rodeo Free?

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the Bronco off roadeo was free with purchase of a Bronco. I understand there may be additional charges for guest and insurance, but even with my $250 voucher, I still owe $488 for me and my wife, not including lodging. That doesn't sound like it's included with the purchase of any full size Bronco. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you read the fine print , I believe ,Ford reimburses the cost of the event for the order/owner of the Bronco. You still pay $35 registration fee, $75 insurance fee ( optional). Guest pay the full freight. Getting there and accommodations are also on you. BTW, NOTHING in this world is “ free”.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don't reimburse. It's actually another company (Adventure ORX) that does the event and Ford pays them for Bronco owners. When registering you have to provide info to verify your order, or that you already own a Bronco. Since I bought a mannequin and signed up for the Off Roadeo so quickly my bronco still showed as being owned by the dealership, so I had to show them a copy of my sales contract. They were easy to work with and it didn't take long.

There are still fees you have to pay though:

Reservation fee, non refundable: $35
Refundable owner deposit: $150 if you have your bronco already, $200 if you have an order and haven't received yet. You get this back a couple weeks after the event.
Optional Damage Waiver: $75. Limits liability to $3,500 instead of being responsible for entire damage cost. (I asked the staff at the location if anyone had totaled a bronco yet or caused severe damage. Other than the manuals having clutches destroyed in the beginning, they said no, worst damage was some scratched paint/rock rails.)
Guest fees (not refundable, this is usually what I've heard the vouchers from dealers is to cover):
1st guest: $395
2nd - 3rd guest: $295 each
Guests must be at least 12 years old.
Your guests can drive as long as they meet the age (18y+) and driver's license requirements, but you only get one vehicle so have to trade off driving.

Just for an idea how much this costs without Ford covering most of the cost, the Texas location just announced they're opening up to non-bronco owners starting July 1. They're calling it 'Bronco 4xFun'. It's at the same location but a little different than the Off Roadeo.
It's $995 for driver and one guest. It's only 4 hours long and includes using their Bronco, snacks, and instruction. Doesn't appear to include lunch or dinner as the full Off Roadeo experience does.
A 2nd and 3rd guest would be an additional $195 each. Damage waiver is same at $75. There is no deposit because the $995 is due up front. If you cancel they'll refund $895, keeping $100 as a processing fee. Cancelling with 48 hours of schedule event forfeits entire charge.
You can reschedule at any time for $100 fee.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don't reimburse. It's actually another company (Adventure ORX) that does the event and Ford pays them for Bronco owners. When registering you have to provide info to verify your order, or that you already own a Bronco. Since I bought a mannequin and signed up for the Off Roadeo so quickly my bronco still showed as being owned by the dealership, so I had to show them a copy of my sales contract. They were easy to work with and it didn't take long.

Refundable owner deposit: $150 if you have your bronco already, $200 if you have an order and haven't received yet. You get this back a couple weeks after the event.
Optional Damage Waiver: $75. Limits liability to $3,500 instead of being responsible for entire damage cost. (I asked the staff at the location if anyone had totaled a bronco yet or caused severe damage. Other than the manuals having clutches destroyed in the beginning, they said no, worst damage was some scratched paint/rock rails.)
Guest fees (not refundable, this is usually what I've heard the vouchers from dealers is to cover):
Your guests can drive as long as they meet the age and driver's license requirements, but you only get one vehicle so have to trade off driving.

Just for an idea how much this costs without Ford covering most of the cost, the Texas location just announced they're opening up to non-bronco owners starting July 1. They're calling it 'Bronco 4xFun'. It's at the same location but a little different than the Off Roadeo.
It's $995 for driver and one guest. It's only 4 hours long and includes using their Bronco, snacks, and instruction. Doesn't appear to include lunch or dinner as the full Off Roadeo experience does.
A 2nd and 3rd guest would be an additional $195 each. Damage waiver is same at $75. There is no deposit because the $995 is due up front. If you cancel they'll refund $895, keeping $100 as a processing fee. Cancelling with 48 hours of schedule event forfeits entire charge.
Thanks, My Bronco is at the dealership but I can't pick up till mid Sept as I am in Africa till then. I'll just wait till I get home, then schedule the trip

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Africa? Sounds great... or rough. I think @DaveInSA has it covered. I paid my part and fees as well as my friend. $250 voucher and my part was refunded pretty quickly after I got home. We stayed in Marble Falls at a Hampton Inn for Austin Off-Rodeo. Cheaper than the resort. If you drive your Bronco to that one, you may want to make a longer trip out of it. There is a really great off road area close to Marble Falls. Hidden Falls Adventure Park. A friend from NC was just there on his way to AZ and CA to wheel. It is worth it to go. You will have a blast!

Sponsored
OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Africa? Sounds great... or rough. I think @DaveInSA has it covered. I paid my part and fees as well as my friend. $250 voucher and my part was refunded pretty quickly after I got home. We stayed in Marble Falls at a Hampton Inn for Austin Off-Rodeo. Cheaper than the resort. If you drive your Bronco to that one, you may want to make a longer trip out of it. There is a really great off road area close to Marble Falls. Hidden Falls Adventure Park. A friend from NC was just there on his way to AZ and CA to wheel. It is worth it to go. You will have a blast!
Thanks

MyFaux

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, TT 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Guests must be at least 12 years old.
Your guests can drive as long as they meet the age (18y+) and driver's license requirements, but you only get one vehicle so have to trade off driving.

Thank you! I was looking for this info everywhere.
I also bought a mannequin and wondered if I was eligible.
Sponsored